IWAHLM Conference September 25th 2022

• Lynn Bowen, J.P.Biberian, Peter Mobberley checking out the working LEC that JPB brought to the conference. Most other people were still at coffee break.

These are the ladies from the Azerbijan ohysics group. Maybe we will have the next workshop in Baku.

This evening we had biblical monsoon rain.

Bill Collis and Alain Samoun chatting over dinner.

• Lynn Bowen, J.P.Biberian, Peter Mobberley checking out the working LEC that JPB brought to the conference. Most other people were still at coffee break.

It's great JPB brought the goods to the workshop. That's always tantalizing. How much millivolts was it putting out? I understand his is a Pd codeposited one, or this is a new one?

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• I noticed that on magicsound 's slides (also mentioned on his PDF), the lowest energy photons that could have been detected would have been around 150 eV (and there were none detected from the Frank Gordon wire mesh sample).

It seems that the lowest ionisation energy for both hydrogen and oxygen are around 14 eV, in the far UV band (around 88.5 nm)

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…_for_lower-energy_photons

So, what would be the easiest way to detect photons at that end of the UV band? (Fluorescence?)

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

• It seems VUV (Vacuum UV) is absorbed by atmospheric gases - which is why they don't reach the surface of the earth (and hence their name). So their range is very short in air - and they are also blocked by most "light transparent" materials - such as glass (e.g. a thin glass microscope slide!)

It sounds like a good candidate photon band, as it may be difficult to detect, but also causes mild gas ionisation....

This company makes relevant detectors. Other products might be available from other companies.

GaNo Opto launches first silicon carbide EUV photodiode

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

Edited once, last by Frogfall ().

• Alan Smith , just finished watching what the future generations will remember as Alan Smith's LEC Marathon. Very well presented both your outstanding work and on behalf of Frank/Harper and Alan Goldwater.

I really like the ensuing discussion, and the exchange of ideas. Also that Francesco Celani has also independently observed the same phenomena in his gas loading reactor, but it takes longer to manifest.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Remembering the old film fogging tests from BARC; note that they were using a very small gap, and directly exposing the emulsion. They found that paper would block the 'rays' - but they had no idea what those rays were, or (if electromagnetic) what wavelength they might have been - other than being within the sensitive band range of the film they were using.

EDIT: No see links further down thread. The fogging occurred through (gas porous) paper, but not through glass. This was interpreted as eliminating all UV - but glass actually blocks the VUV band, and ions could still migrate through paper.

Edited once, last by Frogfall: Re-read paper ().

• A nice touch was the J-P Biberian's working LEC was aluminium (co-dep) with a copper tube counter electrode. So both of us got a result with Al, - which is not normally considered to be an easy material to hydride. When he gets back to the lab he's going to try it without co-dep as I did.

• A nice touch was the J-P Biberian's working LEC was aluminium (co-dep) with a copper tube counter electrode. So both of us got a result with Al, - which is not normally considered to be an easy material to hydride. When he gets back to the lab he's going to try it without co-dep as I did.

Thanks - not watched the J-PB presentation yet. Have only seen your marathon from yesterday (well done, btw).

• I was looking the impressive results of Dimiter Alexandrov talk when they stopped it for the coffee break. He claims the constantan wire evaporated when Deuterium was added, and calculates an excess heat to explain that evaporation of at least 15 times the electric input.

• I think the main criticism by others attending the conference is that the excellent and careful work the Celani group has done with hydrided wire does not seem to be progressing fast enough.

I have heard many complaints of the same nature, but I see Francesco CELANI is more worried about gaining understanding of the process, which is a great thing to focus on.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.