Book Review. 'THE NATURE OF THE ATOM' -EDo Kaal et al.

• Edo and his colleagues have performed a very difficult trick, with considerable success. Taking a complex and incomplete subject like the Standard Model of atomic structure and simplifying and clarifying it was never going to be easy but providing visuals of many elements using the SAM method can help to make nuclear physics easier to understand.. Nuclear structures are directly and causally connected to the spectrum of gamma rays for example.

While the SAM system doesn't attempt toexplain everything - and personally I think its 'lightweight' treatment of spin and parity is a gap that could be explained more carefully, it does show the structure for all elements and isotopes, and show how nuclear reactions can be visualised in 3D.

According to Edo the book lays the foundation for more research, both theoretical and potentially practical, the SAM group obviously takes all this very seriously. Personally I found it -while very clearly written - a very dense read, and found it best to pick it up for an hour or so and then let it 'sink in' a bit - often going back to read the same section several times. As somebody who is more engineer and chemist than nuclear scientist I did find it a relief to find clear explanations of what goes on 'on the bench' though I cannot of course vouch for all of them -the possibilities are immense.

So how do I rate it? Marks out of 10. Clarity of thought and explanation 9, Helpful illustrations, 9+, validity of theory 5 (I'm not the best judge). Worth some time and study? Yes- definitely.

ALSO-

Curtis Press are also to be congratulated on having the skill and courage to produce a high quality 268 page book with many graphics (in colour too) that

The book is available from:-

The Nature of the Atom: An Introduction to the Structured Atom Model by J. E. Kaal, J. A. Sorensen, A. Otte, and J. G. Emming | Curtis Press

• I had pre ordered it, it’s good to know it’s now available, but a pitty it takes almost two months to get it by mail.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• I had pre ordered it, it’s good to know it’s now available, but a pitty it takes almost two months to get it by mail.

I mean because I am in Chile. Nothing gets quick by regular mail to my country.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Nice review of Edo and Co's book.

Book Review: The Nature of the Atom (An Introduction to the Structured Atom Model)
    By Matthew Ehret It has been far too long that science has been constricted by the many absurd assumptions underlying the early 20th century trainwreck that…
    risingtidefoundation.net

"The Structured Atom Model (aka: SAM) begins with a simple concept that had once found a home in early pre-Solvay quantum physics when such atomic chemists as William Draper Harkins and his protégé Robert Moon noted that there is no necessity for neutrons when trying to account for the growth of “atomic mass” within the periodic table. [For anyone curious to know more about Dr. Robert Moon’s revolutionary breakthroughs in atomic physics, check out The Pythaogrean Model Needed to Overthrow Today’s Standard Model Priesthood].

Rather than neutrons stochastically floating within the nuclei and accounting for atomic mass, these early atomic chemists understood that “inter-nuclear electrons” offset by protons can account for all apparent “neutron” behaviour within radioactive decay, transmutation, atomic mass, isotope growth, fusion, fission and more."

• Interesting, also as you won't be biased like the author, could you give us a few lines summary, of notable ideas and concepts ?

What did you find really relevant, promising ? Thank you

The issue I had reading this book was with so much notable text my highlighter ran out and I had to buy another to finish.

• Interesting, also as you won't be biased like the author, could you give us a few lines summary, of notable ideas and concepts ?

What did you find really relevant, promising ? Thank you

True, I (we) would be biased, please let us know your ideas. We appreciate the feedback including critical questions which we will try to ignore, just like mainstream, as much as possible... Errr We will try and accommodate any questions and or comments obviously as much as we can in all seriousness!

• Someone who writes a book this is to relate ideas in which he believes so for sure he become biased..

Personally we had just once a discussion together on a train in Italy.

Now I wouldn't allow myself to comment on a book I haven't read.

you can't seriously chase multiple goals at once, so I don't devote myself to nuclei theories.

This is why i only asked an independent reader to know his feeling on your work.

True, I (we) would be biased, please let us know your ideas. We appreciate the feedback including critical questions which we will try to ignore, just like mainstream, as much as possible... Errr We will try and accommodate any questions and or comments obviously as much as we can in all seriousness!

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.