About the Coulomb barrier in LENR

• Dear forum members, please advise the most suitable journal for submitting a manuscript in which, based on classical concepts, the reduction of the energy threshold of cold fusion reactions is justified. I will also ask you to edit the drawing for this manuscript so that it shows a rotating plasma and a double electric layer. And since I don't have any money, voluntary assistance is supposed to be provided in this matter.

• I must disappoint you, the decision was instant:

• I must disappoint you, the decision was instant:

Not disappointed. Half of the success in publishing is identifying a priori the journal which’s scope is in line with one’s research topic. Also to identify, within the journal, in which category of article the paper fits (is it a review? Is it a technical report? It is a letter to the editor? Is it a full paper?) I learnt this on my first attempt years ago. Now, if and when I plan to publish, step one is finding in which journal and in which category of paper my work could be fit.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Which particular magazine (based on your experience) would you recommend to me?

Assuming that you have checked the formal issues (hand drawn diagram converted to digital drawing, adding sections, supporting literature references, and, IMHO adding some prediction values with proper boundaries about the potential measurable variables from an experimental device based in your idea) you could try it as a letter to the editor to the JCMNS. Of course, and I have to state it because I wholeheartedly think this to be the case, you may have much more greater chances of being published if you partner with an experimentalist that could perform a experiment based on your theoretical design and evaluate if it’s predictive value has merit. Otherwise it could be easily brushed away as yet another seemingly good Idea to be tested when we run out of other good ideas to be tested before.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Of course, and I have to state it because I wholeheartedly think this to be the case, you may have much more greater chances of being published if you partner with an experimentalist that could perform a experiment based on your theoretical design and evaluate if it’s predictive value has merit.

To be honest, I came to the forum in search of such an experimenter, and publication for me is not a goal, but a by-product.

• It will be possible to try, but do not forget that with the help of a pipe, a rocket engine easily turns into a generator of thermal and electrical energy.

Of course But an aerospace journal (the publisher has several different titles) seems a natural home for a thruster.

As for experimenters- they are very thin on the ground. Harder to find than canned hippopotamus. Part of the trouble is that nobody wants to pay them for anything..

• As for experimenters- they are very thin on the ground. Harder to find than canned hippopotamus. Part of the trouble is that nobody wants to pay them for anything..

But what about interest, healthy curiosity. Or do you think that even R&D is not possible without money? Well, I'll hope for the best.

• Or do you think that even R&D is not possible without money?

That depends what you mean by R&D - some research is cheap, some isn't. It costs an average of US$500 a week to keep the lab running, plus paying for people to help me from time to time. Most of the things I work on cannot be done on the kitchen table. (Unfortunately - it would make life easier :) )

• That depends what you mean by R&D - some research is cheap, some isn't.

I hope for the simplicity of the idea, which, however, does not exclude the complexity of its implementation. Actually, all I need is to connect a wind tunnel and a cylindrical chamber with a coaxially arranged cathode and an inductor anode wound on it. Current and voltage sources are also needed, hydrogen and steam may also be needed.

• But what about interest, healthy curiosity. Or do you think that even R&D is not possible without money? Well, I'll hope for the best.

It would be fair to state that all of LENR-forum members are curious by nature. But doing experiments, even simple ones, takes time and resources. Some people might have some of those resources available but not all, most probably don't have resources available as is often the case one gets the resources on an as needed basis.

As an example, It took me months to get some modest but important funding from the local university to do some relatively simple ultrasound experiments in collaboration with a long time Academic friend. But money alone did not solve the problem.

Life also happens, 2020 has been to me perhaps the thoughest year of my adult life, some really unlikely stuff has happened to me in a series of unfortunate events, and for one or other circumstance I haven't been able to devote time or any other resource for that matter, to the experiments, neither the part of the money I had commited (University money was for certain items, I had to cover for others and I had all the intentions to do so, but...).

We did some exploratory experiments, and the data we got was encouraging and proof enough to us that we need to continue, but I still have been tangled in a web of my own troubles for the last 7 months (still ongoing) my colleage has his own set of tasks to perform, and even if everything was solved tomorrow on my side, I have still a couple of months to sort a lot of stuff before even thinking on getting back to the lab.

Your proposal is way more complex than my simple set of experiments, so, you should be aware that it wont be easy to find anyone interested without yourself getting a lead and starting to put a basic proof of concept first.

• As an example, It took me months to get some modest but important funding from the local university to do some relatively simple ultrasound experiments in collaboration with a long time Academic friend. But money alone did not solve the problem.

Consider bubbles as resonators of ultrasonic waves, through which shock waves run when collapsing. It remains only to calculate the potential energy of the shock wave necessary to overcome the Coulomb barrier in the approximation of three nuclei. The potential energy will be several orders of magnitude less than the kinetic energy of paired collisions.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.