The Black Vault recent published FOIA request: some times what is important is what is not released.

• I am opening this thread as a place to discuss the article brought to our attention by teppo here:

IMHO the important part of the article is not what was released, which was rather disappointing as it was old news for most of us LENR junkies, but knowing that most of what was asked was deemed to be not subject to obligation of releasing it through FOIA, and I quote:

The result yielded four documents, totaling 34 pages. However, three of those documents were withheld in full, which totaled 26 pages. That meant, only 8 were released, in part.

I am sure I am not the only one that noticed this, and I wanted to open this thread to analyze and freely speculate about what is what was withheld and what it means, as this is the exact kind of facts that fuels all sorts of “conspiracy theories”, and IMHO, understandably and with a factual basis.

What the LENR-forum members think about this?

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• From the document: https://documents2.theblackvau…380-2016FinalResponse.pdf

Furthermore, I have determined that 3 documents (26 pages) must be withheld in full pursuant to the FOlA. Those withheld documents are exempt from release pursuant to Exemptions (1) and (3). The withheld portions are exempt-from release pursuant to Exemptions 1 and 3 of the FOIA, 5 U.S.C. § 552 (b)(1) and (b)(3).

Exemptions (b)(1) and (b)(3) from https://www.justice.gov/oip/fr…information-act-5-usc-552 :

Not particularly helpful, although I was about to write that the withheld documents probably contained "proprietary information", which does not seem to be the case here (that would be exemption (b)(4)).

• IMHO the important part of the article is not what was released, which was rather disappointing as it was old news for most of us LENR junkies

Right. It took them over 5 (!) Years to respond, and when they did, it was something everyone had already seen.

I also think the list of ARPA-E presentations that were not made public is interesting:

-High-Resolution Calorimetry for Probing Reactions of Nanopowders with D_2 (Dr. Pramod Reddy, Professor, U. Michigan)

-HIVER Electrochemistry Energy Project Update (Dr. Oliver Barham, Mechanical Engineer and Project Manager, Naval Surface Warfare Center Indian Head)

-Lightning round: Government-agency perspectives (Lt. Col. Dr. Charlton “David” Lewis, Program Manager, DARPA DSO)

-Lightning round: Government-agency perspectives (Dr. Lali Chatterjee, Program Manager, DOE Office of Science, High Energy Physic)

-Lightning round: Private-sector partnerships and perspectives (Mr. Thomas Darden, CEO, Industrial Heat)

• After politely requesting admission and offering to present, I was denied access to ARPA-E. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

My guess is the documents withheld are equally underwhelming. It is not that they have something to hide but they have practically nothing and want to hide that.

Move along, there is nothing to see here.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.