The Long Awaited Dec 9th 2021 Ecat SKLed and SKLep Presentation Thread

• One thing puzzles me a bit. When he switches on the power supply, the light below the E-Cat lights up, the voltmeter shows 12 Volts and the wattmeter 0,7W. When he disconnects the E-Cat we have 0 Volts but still 0,7 Watt drawn from the grid by the power supply. Doesn't that mean that the power supply is just more or less idling all the time?

I am not sure whether the wattmeter was properly measuring the power consumption of the power supply at that time.

From the report, as I wrote earlier, the cos phi (aka power factor) was only 0.05-0.06. I would think that even low-quality 12V power supplies could do better along their entire operating range, but I acknowledge there might be other reasons for this that I am not aware of.

• He could not adjust the calculations using the resistance of the ammeter? At least verify the results with the ammeter roughly match those without? Ridiculous.

PFD forgive him. He was in a terrible hurry.

Pressed by his wife who had been yelling at him to clear the table because it was almost dinner time and to put everything back in the toy box. After presentation he had to quickly clear te table. He was permitted to leave only the hot oil bath (after removing the 1 Ohm resistor and cabling) where his wife could cook melanzane and peperoni

• THHuxleynew

Is it common that a standard 12V switching power supply acts like a highly reactive load also during no-load conditions?

It would depend on the supply and how it had PF compensation (most do now). Old ones don't, and will look spiky, not reactive. However then how a household energy meter deals with very spiky current waveforms is highly uncertain.

As is often the case Rossi's dreadful understanding of electronics means he uses things well outside their specified limits and so it is a guessing game.

You might perhaps think that somone trying over several years to concoct an apparently positive demo could manage this by trial and error, if using measurement equipment incorrectly.

Or, for example, Rossi has a neutral line current loop between the two supplies (main and control) which delivers spurious results.

• One thing puzzles me a bit. When he switches on the power supply, the light below the E-Cat lights up, the voltmeter shows 12 Volts and the wattmeter 0,7W. When he disconnects the E-Cat we have 0 Volts but still 0,7 Watt drawn from the grid by the power supply. Doesn't that mean that the power supply is just more or less idling all the time?

What would you guys think of the idea that the 1 Ohm resistor isn't connected at all and what is being measured with the voltmeter is just the output of the power supply, and the blue light is maybe just a LED? The electronics are not connected at all, and the Watts calculation is bunk. Basically it's just a power supply being switched on and off and on again. And the oil bath with the heat sinks are to obfuscate the fact, that the resistor doesn't get warm at all.

Probably pretty close.

• PFD forgive him. He was in a terrible hurry.

Pressed by his wife who had been yelling at him to clear the table because it was almost dinner time and to put everything back in the toy box. After presentation he had to quickly clear te table. He was permitted to leave only the hot oil bath (after removing the 1 Ohm resistor and cabling) where his wife could cook melanzane and peperoni

Did you see what he has done to the table? Ruined! At least two significant burns or water delaminations.

• It would depend on the supply and how it had PF compensation (most do now). Old ones don't, and will look spiky, not reactive. However then how a household energy meter deals with very spiky current waveforms is highly uncertain.

That power supply type probably does not have power factor correction, but even so a PF of ~0.05 seems incredibly low.

This page lists typical power factors for various electrical equipment and appliances:

The power factor values ​​for the most common equipment and appliances
    Typical Un-improved Power Factor by Industry, typical power factor of common household electronics and typical Motor Power Factors
    www.calculatorsconversion.com

• But, but, but Rossi said when the customer pulled out that the demo would have to be done at a Leonardo lab.

That does not look like a lab table to me.

Also the Leonardo lab kit, such as the meters, does not seem to be the cutting edge science kit I would expect from a global leader with the customers that Leonardo Corp has. ^^

I bet Da Vinci is spinning like a top.

:D

• In general even without power factor improving, the PS power factor value is not so low.

Below an example.

https://www.ia.omron.com/data_…-TECH-RES-CLA-JUN_21-None

I once made a PSU with that sort of PF. A low power small mains supply (unisolated). Capacitor to live, zener diode and diode and reservoir caapcitor to make the supply.

It looks like just a C between live and neutral - but even low PF PSUs do not normally give you that.

A transformer supply (I guess they still exist) at very low power would also be low PF - with nearly all current the inductor magnetisation.

Anyway, we know Rossi's EKLep is:

(a) power out mis-measured

or

(b) supplied in a way where the real ac supply is not being measured.

I can't summon up much interest in working out which!

• Speaking of Da Vinci, did you notice how small the SKL is compared to the book?

• A couple of things.
    The first new Levi report is dated July 25 2021. So the low light output has been technically known about since then.

I don’t see how Levi has no Conflict of Interest. Sure, he may not be directly or otherwise paid by Leonardo, but he sure has a personal relationship with Rossi that should at least be noted.

• I don’t see how Levi has no Conflict of Interest. Sure, he may not be directly or otherwise paid by Leonardo, but he sure has a personal relationship with Rossi that should at least be noted.

You just did. But it is irrelevant, unless you are hinting at corruption. And that would be naughty enough to earn you a Yuletide holiday.,

• You just did. But it is irrelevant, unless you are hinting at corruption. And that would be naughty enough to earn you a Yuletide holiday.,

He wrote a declaration as follows:

“The author declares that there is no potential conflict of interest or any relationship of a financial or personal nature with any person, firm, or organization that would inappropriately influence the conduct and results of this work.”

In short, he claims no relationship of a personal nature that would influence the results of this work.

And yet Levi is one to (again) attach the UNIBO insignias onto reports for Rossi of tests done outside of the university, done in an area and with test conditions entirely controlled by Rossi.

It is unlikely that without his good personal relationship with Rossi that he would be allowed get near to, let alone to test and write a report on the SKled and SKleps, in my opinion.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.