Frank Gordon's "Lattice Energy Converter (LEC)" online Simposium video

• Here's a paper

"300-400 volts "

Interesting but a bit higher than the LEC procedures so far?

thoriated tungsten.electrodes.. might try it...when I set my lab up in my living room:)

BTW- not exotic but toxic...DMF is readily absorbed

It's probably extended my lifespan...not having a lab:)

The authors of the neodymium plating paper wrote back.. looks to be about $20,000 of investigation

the substrate has to smooth

Titanium coated Si wafer??

Sputtering might be quicker..

Finally, the AFM investigation of the targets showed

that smooth layers can be grown ONLY using smooth

deposition substrates. Moreover, the MP production of

smooth and crack-free layers proved to be possible ONLY

when smooth substrates like Ti-coated Si wafer, and lowvolatility

plating solvents like DMF are used.

• The melting point of samarium is around 2000C, so most orthodox methods are difficult. Howver, I have micron-size SmCo alloy powder. Molten tin mixed with as much alloy powder as it will take could be spread on the surface of an electrode and then implanted with H2/D2 electrolytically afterwards. What do you think?

FYI. Tin facilitates the absorption of H2 into Ru, and maybe some others, Sm and Co both love hydrogen. Could work, only one way to find out.

• Molten tin mixed with

or silver samarium.. eutectic round 690C

the last metallurgy I did was in 1980

I think Jurg likes silver too..

The Ag−Sm (Silver-Samarium) system - [PDF Document]
    Ag-Sm The Ag-Sm (Silver-Samarium) System 107.8682 150.36 By K. A. Gschneidner, Jr. and F. W. Calderwood Iowa State University Equi l ibr ium Diagram The…
    vdocuments.mx

• "300-400 volts "

Interesting but a bit higher than the LEC procedures so far?

Right. But that high voltage (and also RF) is there only to artificially generate a plasma so one can do the spectroscopy and see the emission lines and the doppler broadening revealing the fast H. The plasma in itself is not required for hydrino formation according to Mills' theory. Conversely, sufficient hydrino formation can generate plasma according to Mills. Given that, then smaller amounts of hydrino formation would be expected to partially ionize a gas, either by energizing and ionizing the catalyst or by expelling fast hydrogen atoms with kinetic energies in the 25 eV ballpark, perhaps sufficient to ionize some of the gas.

FYI. Tin facilitates the absorption of H2 into Ru, and maybe some others, Sm and Co both love hydrogen. Could work, only one way to find out.

Only one way.

This is the way.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I've been looking at tin in cold fusion. Your's is interesting.

Tin facilitates the absorption of H2 into Ru, and maybe some others

Synthesis of samarium doped ferrite and its enhanced photocatalytic degradation of perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA)

Abstract

A novel samarium doped ferrite composite material was prepared successfully

by using the chemical co-precipitation method, which was used for the photocatalytic degradation of perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA).

The samarium doped ferrite was characterized by XRD, FT-IR, SEM, XPS, UV–vis and VSM. The results revealed the catalyst could be a typical soft magnetic material with a spinel structure, which has uniform particle size (100–200 nm), and good photoresponse in the wavelength range of 200–700 nm.

Satisfactory photocatalytic activity of the samarium doped ferrite material was verified, that is the PFOA (0.5 mmol L−1) with degradation efficiency of 48.61% could be achieved in 120 min under UV irradiation at 185 nm. After conducting the cycle experiments, excellent stability and good magnetic recovery performance of the samarium doped ferrite were found. The free radical capture test signified that the h+ and •OH could play major roles in the PFOA initial oxidation, simultaneously. Moreover, possible mechanisms of the PFOA degradation was studied by analyzing the intermediate products using the HPLC method. These results suggest that samarium doped ferrite is a promising photocatalyst in the PFOA wastewater treatment.

09253467.gif

Synthesis of samarium doped ferrite and its enhanced photocatalytic degradation of perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA)

Author:

Dandan Luo,Jinhai Yuan,Jing Zhou,Mingming Zou,Rui Xi,Yu Qin,Qiqi Shen,Shiyue Hu,Jing Xu,Ming Nie,Di Xu,Bo Wu

Publication:

Optical Materials

Publisher:

Elsevier

Date:

December 2021

© 2021 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.

Welcome to RightsLink

Elsevier has partnered with Copyright Clearance Center's RightsLink service to offer a variety of options for reusing this content.

I would like to...helpmark_v2.svg

make a selection reuse in a medical communications project rent this content purchase this content order reprints or e-prints reuse in a book/textbook reuse in a journal/magazine reuse in a presentation/slide kit/poster reuse in promotional materials/pamphlet/brochure reuse in training/CME Materials reuse in a thesis/dissertation reuse in coursepack/classroom materials reuse in a CD-ROM/DVD/other storage media reuse in news media make photocopies reuse in conference proceedings reuse in a government report post on a website reuse in broadcast media reuse in a mobile application

To request permission for a type of use not listed, please contact Elsevier Global Rights Department.

Are you the author of this Elsevier journal article?

• Thanks for finding!

Here the is it embedded in the thread

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The Solid State Fusion Energy Prize should be for

The best equipped government funded research team, No?

https://foundry.lbl.gov/about/facilities/nanofabrication/

Code
    I want to get here, who would help get here Berkeley Lab. Can you help me find a hotel on the seashore, otherwise 400 dollars is a lot for me ..

Нефть - это кровь планеты, надо сделать модель планеты и мы получим генератор Тарасенко, эта энергия покорит вселенную! :lenr:

• Interesting study of Iron. It seems this effect may serve to be engineered into the LEC.

Qupte

"Electronic nematicity occurs when the electron orbitals in a material align in this way. Typically, this electronic nematicity manifests itself as anisotropic electronic properties: for example, resistivity or conductivity exhibiting vastly different magnitudes when measured along different axis." -end quotes

Source Phys.org

Spin keeps electrons in line in iron-based superconductor

by Miriam Arrell , Paul Scherrer Institute

Spin keeps electrons in line in iron-based superconductor
    Researchers from PSI's Spectroscopy of Quantum Materials group together with scientists from Beijing Normal University have solved a puzzle at the forefront of…
    phys.org

• New draft paper comparing the LEC with a NiMH battery.

Energy density of LEC device versus NiMH
    A typical NiMH (Nickel metal Hybrid) battery is seen in Figure 1. This is a NiMH battery with the specifications of
    1.2 V, AAA, and 900 mAh. The average weight for this type of battery is about 10.9 gram. The NiMH batteries are
    mainly composed of metallic parts. See reference 1.
    • Steel cathode collector
    • Cathode cap
    • Metal connector
    • Anode metal grid
    • Anode and cathode metal powders
    The above parts accounts for more than 90% of the total battery weight. Based on the total battery weight the
    percentages are:
    • The Anode metal powders accounts for 29.3%
    • The Cathode metal powder accounts for 33.2%
    • Steel Cathode collector accounts for 20.7%
    • Plastic and paper are about or less than 10 %....continues.

ETA paper withdrawn - awaiting an update.

• Cold Fusion Research AB, Kungsbacka Sweden. I do not recall seeing this company before. Anyone know about them?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.