ICCF-24 updates and other Anthropocene/ARPA-E news

• The sign up screen for me was in Japanese. How strange! I told the ICCF24 people. They don't know what to make of it.

I have no idea why. My browser and Windows input method were set for English. I can set them for Japanese, but they were English.

If other people find the screen is in Japanese, I suggest you tell them.

• Well, you have your official invite from David Nagel. As he points out in the letter included in your post #78, you have to book and pay.

I just received such a letter, I don't have money, like you… But you want to break through. Help me through the secretary, try... okay. I didn't have anything from Nagel, so help me, okay.

Yes, you sent a photo of the commission's phone in Silicon Valley, okay

• Ah- so you need some help financially. Now I understand.

Yes, I work for $ 400 a month, I have 7 children, 2 grandchildren, I try to please everyone, live well for children, it's hard for me to look at such business trips, but I try to be everywhere, this is now my dream to find new energy!

Нефть - это кровь планеты, надо сделать модель планеты и мы получим генератор Тарасенко, эта энергия покорит вселенную! :lenr:

• Yes, I work for $ 400 a month, I have 7 children, 2 grandchildren, I try to please everyone, live well for children, it's hard for me to look at such business trips, but I try to be everywhere, this is now my dream to find new energy!

Yes, we understand. We have many scientists here who would like to attend this very significant ICCF in Silcon Valley. Unfortunately, we simply cannot help all of them by starting a fund raiser. Is it possible for you to start a funding drive yourself here on the forum, and we will try to help?

In 2 weeks we will start our own fundraiser to cover Alan's expenses, so he can attend and report. There are few who have donated, and dedicated as much of their life to LENR as he. It is the least we can do for him.

Yes, you have been a part of the community for many years, and we very much appreciate that. But our members have only so much money to donate, and we are cautious to ask too much of them.

• Well,

i found the request from Gennadiy Tarassenko very inflated.

However finally he is right !

Most of the Lenr field is American, simply because there's more money there.

Today Carl Page claims to help the Lenr Field by supporting this ICCF.

Very thanks to him .

The ICCFs participants are always the same at 90% so he could pay them the expedition at 100%, especially for not US citizens, if he claims to really want to help this field.

It should be next to nothing for him, no ?

i'm pretty sure all Lenr researchers are using your Google's tools every days, like me.

Only the most prominent members of the old guard are sponsored by their self-centered chatter, so Carl could you be as original as your billionaire friend Jeff who became an US precursor by signing a deal with old Europe regarding Ariane 6.

Carl, I have no doubt that you know world geography as well as Jeff knowing that USA is not the only expanse above water on this good old earth.

Yes, we understand. We have many scientists here who would like to attend this very significant ICCF in Silcon Valley. Unfortunately, we simply cannot help all of them by starting a fund raiser. Is it possible for you to start a funding drive yourself here on the forum, and we will try to help?

In 2 weeks we will start our own fundraiser to cover Alan's expenses, so he can attend and report. There are few who have donated, and dedicated as much of their life to LENR as he. It is the least we can do for him.

Yes, you have been a part of the community for many years, and we very much appreciate that. But our members have only so much money to donate, and we are cautious to ask too much of them.

• The call for Abstracts is now closed, it has been very well supported apparently and it looks to be an interesting programme.

The organisers are not BTW extending travel assistance to anybody this year. But of course, this conference is also available by the web.

• extending travel assistance to anybody this year.

I won't pay to get in the door at ICCF 24.

A marina extends reciprocating privileges with mine in Berkeley... Three nights at a guest berth for 45 dollars. Nice showers. Plug in power. Fuel dock. Pump station for waste. Minimum budget, such as it is... I'll be there... Abstract In hand.

• I’ve been involved in planning and executing many academic conferences over the years and only the poorest conferences didn’t pay for keynote speakers travel and hotel expenses. Who makes these decisions? Who manages ICCF? Who is on the committee to select the keynote and poster presenters? Is there any transparency here?

• I’ve been involved in planning and executing many academic conferences over the years and only the poorest conferences didn’t pay for keynote speakers travel and hotel expenses. Who makes these decisions? Who manages ICCF? Who is on the committee to select the keynote and poster presenters? Is there any transparency here?

It does happen, of course, I have been invited to conferences on similar terms. However, AFAIK management of this conference has been taken over by Carl Page's Anthropocene Institute. They may be offering support to keynote speakers, But this in not the case for Gennadiy as far as I know..

• Personally, I think LF staff should create a list of members asking for help.

LF members should quickly and discreetly ( by MP) present why it would be relevant for Carl Page to help them.

Then this grievances list would be sent GROUPED to the Anthropocene Institute.

It would be much more serious and professional than a one-to-one request..

It will be then up to him to help this or that person totally or partially.

I have no interest, because not planned to go to this Event.

• So ICCF is just some amorphous blob that anyone can take over and manage at any time? There is no official planning committee, peer review committee, etc.?

There are some of those functions yes, but basically if somebody offers massive financial support/guarantees they have a lot of control. Welcome to capitalism.

• There are some of those functions yes, but basically if somebody offers massive financial support/guarantees they have a lot of control. Welcome to capitalism.

It's the golden rule. He who has the gold makes the rules.

I do not recall the ICCF organizers ever paid speakers, keynote or other. They never had that kind of money. If you are short of money this year, I suggest you attend virtually.

• Alan Smith

Changed the title of the thread from “ICCF-24 EARLY-BIRD Discount Ends in April.” to “ICCF-24 EARLY-BIRD Discount Ends 30th -and Hotel News”.
  • News from the organisers..

Megan Covey from the Anthropocene Institute is looking into finding a cheaper hotel, etc. I have been given permission to post that information here when available. Megan has been contacting hotels to check on rates and transportation to/from the Computer History Museum. Hopefully, we will have some good news soon.

• Alan, I also need help, can you help me or not, at least get something for housing, otherwise I'll sleep on the street...

Нефть - это кровь планеты, надо сделать модель планеты и мы получим генератор Тарасенко, эта энергия покорит вселенную! :lenr:

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.