ICCF-24 updates and other Anthropocene/ARPA-E news

• Well GAFA's can invest in classic nuclear field especially on their disruptive ways as molten salts technologies for example.

Now, spend money for LENR should be as a few peanuts throwing for a gamble, since the investments amount has nothing to do with conventional nuclear power. The only risk is that a Carl Page's like will be seduced, like so many others, by the miraculous promises of old guard members who will suck up all his Lenr money.

I agree that investors, particularly investors in high-risk/high return technologies want to spread their risk, Carl Page for example is a big supporter of conventional nuclear power plants. But I don't think investing in two different cold fusion projects is diversification, looks more like 'double or quits' investing to me.

• Carl Page, the founder of YAHOO and the brother of Larry Page (GOOGLE) organizes the next International Conference on Cold Fusion in Silicon Valley.

This is some of the best news I have learned in many years.

Home | ICCF-24 Silicon Valley

And since I have been working for years on Fusion Diodes which are Solid State Devices, I am particularly happy to learn that he is offering a prize of 2 million dollars for the team that will manage to demonstrate the operation of a system of direct electrical energy production based on energy-based nuclear reactions (Solide State Fusion Prize)

Of course, I will compete for this prize with a new team.

• @fabriceDAVID

Best wishes sent your way. Big thanks to you and your team.

Yes the best news... the prize intriguing.

The term Solid State Energy and Solid State Fusion have a rich history in the field which I have been compiling. I like it and it seems applicable to most systems. This compilation should be complete in time for the Solid State Energy Summit.

I've also been studying research about helium nanopockets in aged palladium titride being under 30,000 atmospheres of pressure.

The following Nature article is of particular interest and raises the question, "Under what conditions or in what form (if any) might He enhance rather than poison the energy sequences of LENR?"

Solid State Fusion and He4

Nature 06 July 1989

Can Solid-State Effects Enhance the Cold-Fusion Rate?

A. J. Leggett & G. Baym - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Nature volume 340, pages 45–46 (1989)

Can solid-state effects enhance the cold-fusion rate?

Abstract

RECENTLY two groups have reported finding experimental evidence for an unexpectedly high rate of nuclear fusion at room temperature during the process of electrolytic deposition of deuterium on palladium and titanium2. To achieve the rate of neutron production (∼10−23s−1 per deuteron pair) cited in ref. 2 (and a fortiori, that inferred in ref. 1) requires the solid-state environment to produce either an unusual enhancement of the fusion reaction rate or a large suppression of the Coulomb barrier between deuterons. The latter would presumably arise from some kind of sophisticated many-body screening effect in Pd or Ti, perhaps associated with quasiparticles of large effective mass. Here we point out that within the framework of the lowest-order Born-Oppenheimer approximation, a very severe constraint is imposed on all such screening mechanisms in solids in equilibrium by the observable binding affinity of 4He atoms for the metal in question. Unless the latter is quite anomalous, the Coulomb barrier penetration in a solid in equilibrium cannot be enhanced anywhere near the magnitude required to explain the fusion rates inferred from the experiments.

Metallic Helium 2021

01-10-2021 | THEORY OF METALS | Issue 10/2021

Physics of Metals and Metallography > Issue 10/2021

Author: V. T. Shvets

Ab initio Pseudopotential and Interionic Interaction in Metallic Helium

?key=6800846f100d577c760d2e1882fbdeae3a6625ff1fc5bf58c63168915b27f5ba-aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWRpYS5zcHJpbmdlcm5hdHVyZS5jb20vdzIwMC9zcHJpbmdlci1zdGF0aWMvY292ZXIvam91cm5hbC8xMTUwOC5qcGc%3DAb initio Pseudopotential and Interionic Interaction in Metallic Helium - Physics of Metals and MetallographyAbstract For the first time, an ab initio nonlocal pseudopotential of the electron–ion interaction for metallic helium is proposed. With its help, a pairwise…
    link.springer.com

Abstract

For the first time, an ab initio nonlocal pseudopotential of the electron–ion interaction for metallic helium is proposed. With its help, a pairwise effective interionic interaction in the case of singly ionized helium atoms is found in a wide range of densities. The calculation results are compared with the results given by simpler models of metallic helium, as well as for metallic hydrogen. The use of the proposed pseudopotential allows one to conclude that metallic helium can exist in a stable state at relatively high temperatures in a wide range of densities. Such conclusions are fundamentally related to the effect of orthogonality of the wave functions of conduction electrons and the wave functions of bound electrons of helium ions, which are taken into account when constructing the pseudopotential from first principles.

• Isn't this more simply the Law of Mass Action? That is if we remove the reaction product (He) as either alpha-particles or He4 then the forward reaction of releasing nuclear energy can proceed! WHETHER THIS OCCURS AT THE FEMTO or NANOSCALE or indeed on the MEGA-SCALE in a full-size LEN reactor is IRRELEVANT-but such reactions can be controlled by only one variable, Ein the energy input to the system. This is why the SAFIRE project is so relevant because Montgomery Child's research group are making these accurate measurements of transmutations etc with an accurate measure of Ein to their electrode plasma system.

• It's a shame, though that Aureon Energy Inc. are not publishing their data in top scientific journals. I suppose (conjecture) that they do not publish because of their bad press with the body of astrophysicists who have solid evidence now that black holes do exist at the centre of our galaxies and further they have discovered new planets and moons that exist in 'goldilocks zones' within the known universe that are similar to planet Earth. That is even within the known universe many different life-forms ranging from the very smallest (viruses and bacteria) to the largest Tyrannosuarus Rex or the modern mammalian giants like the Blue Whales. The question arises, which is the more intelligent PREDATOR T.Rex or humankind?

• It's time to make flying saucers, and the same oil will not bring to good ...

Нефть - это кровь планеты, надо сделать модель планеты и мы получим генератор Тарасенко, эта энергия покорит вселенную! :lenr:

• I don't see any reference on their website about the prize. Any links to further information?

• The prize described above is for a "simple/reproducible" cold fusion experiment. I hope that means either simple or reproducible, not necessarily both. I have never heard of a simple cold fusion experiment. They all take very high skill and months of effort. Richard Oriani, who was one of the most skilled top electrochemists of the 20th century, told me that in his 50-year career, cold fusion was the most difficult experiment he ever replicated. Asking for a "simple" cold fusion experiment is like asking for a heart-transplant procedure that any amateur can do at home.

Perhaps a simple experiment can be discovered. Perhaps it already has been. The LEC might be such an experiment. But I would not count on that. I think it would be unfair to withhold the prize just because the experiment takes expertise and a lot of effort. No one says we should not do research in advanced internal combustion engines, hybrid engines, fission reactors or Tokamak plasma reactors because these gadgets are complicated. No one demands a hybrid engine, a Tesla electric car, or an Intel microprocessor that any amateur can make from scratch in a garage. I do not see any reason why "simple" should be a criterium for a prize. Nearly all modern technology is very complicated, not simple. Things like Intel chips can only be made in factories that cost billions of dollars. Only experts can make them. Despite that, they are essential to every aspect of our technology and our civilization, and they are incredibly cheap by the standards of the past. "Cheap" meaning that one of them can do more arithmetic in one second than you can do in a lifetime. (Obviously, in the past such an ability did not exist so no one realized how valuable it can be.)

• Detail on Abstract Submissions for ICCF-24
    Original Research: Studies should not have been previously published or presented verbatim at a conference prior to ICCF-24. Abstracts are limited to one page and must include the study’s objective, summarized methods and results, conclusions drawn, and references. Abstracts should be submitted using the following downloadable template.

Abstract Template

Call for Papers Instructions

All abstracts will be peer-reviewed by the ICCF-24 Technical Program Committee (hyperlink to Committee when available). Abstracts will be evaluated for the quality of the research study and how important the findings are to advancing the field. Final decisions will be announced by the end of May and will be based on scientific and technical merit as well as programming considerations.
  • Do you know if a transmutation "simple/reproducible LENR experiment" would qualify for the prize money?

• Abstracts will be evaluated for the quality of the research study and how important the findings are to advancing the field. Final decisions will be announced

By Carl Page et al... or... Who?

The DoE ARPA-E recently decided that cold fusion LENR aka CMNS is indeed an established branch of science. Not so long ago not so.

Evaluating Decisions Made

Who is reviewing abstracts?

Who organized the Solid State Energy Summit held in conjunction with ICCF 24?

DID the ICCF 23 organizers decide this prize and Summit rules and what not?

Or not?

Who is offering 2 million dollars?

Who wrote the rules ?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.