ICCF-24 updates and other Anthropocene/ARPA-E news

• Off topic- but JedRothwell re Tokamak. I an acquainted with one of their staff. have private and (plenty of) public funding.

"The company, founded in 2009 as a spin-off from the Culham Centre for Fusion Energy, currently employs a growing team of over 160 people with talent from the UK and experts from around the world. It combines world leading scientific, engineering, industrial and commercial capabilities. The company has more than 50 families of patent applications and has raised over £100m of private investment.

Once realised, fusion energy will be clean, economic, and globally deployable – a key enabler for meeting international climate policy goals."

• Though she is a spokesperson for the 24rh International Conference on Cold Fusion and Solid State Fusion Energy Summit.

No?

I guess that is promising, but so far she has not said one word of support for cold fusion. It is a little odd they used this video clip to promote the conference. Maybe the clip was filmed for some other purpose.

Perhaps the conference will have a section on plasma fusion? I have no idea. Plasma fusion is interesting, but they have their own conferences.

• Once realised, fusion energy will be clean, economic, and globally deployable

IF it can be realised. There are many problems with plasma fusion. They haven't begun to address most of them. Cold fusion is more promising, and closer to becoming a practical source of energy. That is true even now, at this early stage of development of cold fusion, with ~0.1% of the funding plasma fusion has received.

• I guess that is promising, but so far she has not said one word of support for cold fusion. It is a little odd they used this video clip to promote the conference. Maybe the clip was filmed for some other purpose.

Perhaps the conference will have a section on plasma fusion? I have no idea. Plasma fusion is interesting, but they have their own conferences.

May I venture my opinion that since the IEEE publication of Forsley et al - dealing with “the new approach to Fusion” that is Lattice Confinement Fusion, which was prominently announced in the last Anthropocene Institute Newsletter- that there’s an ongoing effort to blur the line and integrating LCF (hence LENR, IMHO) as just a new approach to fusion. This is at the same time taking distance from the so called “Fleischmann and Pons fraud”, and making LCF a completely “legitimate” mainstream approach.

I can’t say I am completely happy with this, but some times one has to take the win and move on. We are being offered a door into mainstream, after all.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Cydonia I'm not clear on who is running the show at ICCF24, Team Google, Forsley et al, the Anthropocene Institute or a committee. Anyways... The Solid State Fusion Energy CONTEST announcement

Seems poorly considered and presented.

Is there still a contest?

Now we have Melanie Windridge as a spokesperson. Many questions come to mind? How and why and who arranged this?

Just curious.

• Gregory Byron Goble

As I understand it ICCF-24 is being organised by a professional conference outfit according to the wishes of Anthropocene Institute, the principal sponsor.There is a liaison team interfacing between the two bodies. One of our team has some limited contact with this latter group.

There is an academic review committee vetting submissions and organising a timetable, details of that body can be found on the ICCF website. It includes some names well known to members here.

The prize is at this moment going ahead, and a review/awarding committee is being formed. The T&C of the prize are still being finalised but will presumably be announced when settled.

II hope that answers your questions.

• Well, i don't have some special informations , i think informations from the LF staff should be more relevant than mine ..

So now, why are you interested by this pseudo prize ?

Cydonia I'm not clear on who is running the show at ICCF24, Team Google, Forsley et al, the Anthropocene Institute or a committee. Anyways... The Solid State Fusion Energy CONTEST announcement

Seems poorly considered and presented.

Is there still a contest?

Now we have Melanie Windridge as a spokesperson. Many questions come to mind? How and why and who arranged this?

Just curious.

• Just a reminder for the fact that the early bird rates deadline for attending the ICCF 24 ends tomorrow May 6th. Please contact Alan Smith for asking the 15% discount code he was given.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Curbina

Changed the title of the thread from “ICCF-24 EARLY-BIRD price ended, but members Promo available” to “ICCF-24 EARLY-BIRD price ends may 6th 2022, but members Promo available”.
  • why are you interested by this pseudo prize ?

Is there a Solid State Fusion Energy Contest in the works at the ICCF24 planning committee?

Nothing I can find... any news that I'm missing.

My interest? Same Same... as yours and others.

Who do you think would win?

Who do you think might have an unfair advantage?

Just curious. Why?

Because I am.

How will the ICCF organization structure change when CMNS energy tech hits the market.

Will it become a prestigious organization?

How will it change?

Is it changing now?

Should we be concerned and have foresight and planning for this... soon? inevitably? hot fusion becomes hot and cold fusion? cold fusioneers place in this?

Just curious.

• You make me laugh, i have no answer to your question especially that I live far from Mountain view.

In your case, you only have one bridge to cross :)

I don't know the competitors in the running. Also if Carl Page proposes a prize, it does not mean that he will choose a winner in July.

For example he could offer a million dollars to the best project only in the next 2 years. He would take advantage of this ICCF only to make this announcement.

There is no scoop from me only my personal feeling.

Now to answer you, the only 2 projects in which I believe are that of Iwamura and another one, that's all.

• Gregory Byron Goble

Gregory Byron Goble

As I understand it ICCF-24 is being organised by a professional conference outfit according to the wishes of Anthropocene Institute, the principal sponsor.There is a liaison team interfacing between the two bodies. One of our team has some limited contact with this latter group.

There is an academic review committee vetting submissions and organising a timetable, details of that body can be found on the ICCF website. It includes some names well known to members here.

The prize is at this moment going ahead, and a review/awarding committee is being formed. The T&C of the prize are still being finalised but will presumably be announced when settled.

II hope that answers your questions.

See my earlier answer above - thie info I have about the prize is in bold.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.