ICCF-24 updates and other Anthropocene/ARPA-E news

• From 37mns he started with Cold Fusion.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• He is turning out to be perhaps the best ambassador LENR has ever had. Opening a lot of doors to mainstream, closed to us before.

ICCF24 sponsors now include the Bank of America. That has to mean something! An open door perhaps?

I quibble with some of the things he says. But that's okay! I can live with 95% agreement. In politics you should never hold out for more.

My main quibble is I think he is wrong about fission. It is too expensive. It will never catch up with solar or wind now that they are in the lead. Yes, it will get cheaper if we develop it, but so will wind and solar. They will maintain their lead. They have plenty room to improve before they reach maturity with diminishing returns on investment. I see no point to pouring money into fission now that we have sources that could easily produce all the energy we need at a lower cost. Also, there are undeniably issues with safety, as we saw in Fukushima. There is no way the Japanese public will ever allow another fission reactor. There are no safety issues with wind or solar.

There are times when a promising technology misses its chance, and can never recover.

Technologies eventually become obsolete. Sometimes you don't notice. Did you know that hard disk shipments peaked in 2010 and have been steadily falling since then? SSDs are replacing them, starting in large data centers.

• This interesting video helps to better understand the kind of person he is.

We understand that investors want to invest in our field now according to him.

We also understood that it already exists demonstrators coupled to Stirling engines.

This is indeed the brother of the Google's founder who says it, now the irrational skeptics, you are definitively dead i expect.

However, I still wonder how these investors should go to decide who to give money to ?

There are very very few teams with real results so far. If they water more widely, it will really be risk capital..

But so much the better for the field, something should come out of it.

• While speaking of cold fusion (solid state) he briefly mentioned a hybrid fusion fission system... it will be there... bit further on working demos. He speaks of DOE support, the workshop, NASA, etc yet does not invite the audience to take a look at the patents assigned to team Google, DOE, The Regents of the University of California etc...

He is speaking to nuclear physicists and fails to mention that the lead inventor was the head of the fusion energy research department at Berkeley Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory during the time of the patents' development. I'd imagine he is a recognized, well respected leader in the field whose reputation has not been tarnished.

Cold fusion is not fringe is it?

Period Or Question answered ⁉️

• I think he doesn't care about people's egos, about those who should be recognized or not. He's Cartesian, he's a businessman 2 and 2 equals 4, that's all.

• The new incarnation of LENR as S-SAFE definitively allows expansion into a new universe where CF will be accepted, given all the patents in the public domain, what was originally esoteric (off-the-wall) as scientifically obvious. This gives us all real hope for the future with a new CF-based energy resource. Well done Carl Page and co-workers!

• My main quibble is I think he is wrong about fission.

Carl has said his Plan A is LENR, and Plan B nuclear. Sounds like a reasonable approach to me. I am sure he realizes jump starting nuclear in the US is going to take some time, and while working on that is giving his all to making LENR happen.

He is putting the science back in the spotlight. Hopefully those in the field are ready for it and can take advantage of the opportunity.

• Carl Page NEA Keynote,

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

At 36:16 start speak about LENR

Are the mentioned "notes" or his slides also publicly available?

• Good presentation by Carl Page. Good having him on our side. He is turning out to be perhaps the best ambassador LENR has ever had. Opening a lot of doors to mainstream, closed to us before.

I would pick Rudy Carat as the ambassador.

COLD FUSION NOW!

Science Lessons from Cold Fusion/LENR: Webinar With Ruby Carat, September 24th |

Carl could have a try as leader of

LENR if he wants the job.

• Carl says we will have a demo powering a Stirling Engine Electric Genset...

Guess who...

I think that one would be BEC? Then we have the other one by the Gordon team. And he is assembling quite the team to make it a very convincing demonstration. Between the two live demos, it will be worth it for others (I know you already have a ticket) to purchase the $150 virtual ticket.

• Does this $150 also include US drugs or matches to hold back the eyelids due to the time difference ?? :) :) :)

I think that one would be BEC? Then we have the other one by the Gordon team. And he is assembling quite the team to make it a very convincing demonstration. Between the two live demos, it will be worth it for others (I know you already have a ticket) to purchase the $150 virtual ticket.

• Carl says we will have a demo powering a Stirling Engine Electric Genset...

Guess who...

He said who. Brillouin Energy.

Then we have the other one by the Gordon team.

That would be an electric motor, not a Stirling engine. Their output is electricity so they do not need a heat engine. Unfortunately, They just told me they are still at the micro-watt stage. "9 orders of magnitude away from 1 kW" is what they said. That would be 1 microwatt. Not even enough to light an LED or power a wristwatch. LEDs draw ~6 microwatts and wristwatches ~10 microwatts, I believe.

Unmounted LEDs

• They just told me they are still at the micro-watt stage. "9 orders of magnitude away from 1 kW" is what they said. That would be 1 microwatt. Not even enough to light an LED or power a wristwatch. LEDs draw ~6 microwatts and wristwatches ~10 microwatts, I believe.

They will be discussing scaling up also. Today micro-watts/tomorrow the world.

• Me, I thought rather has 1 kw at least like the greatest LENR breakthrough for 30 years.

Put on a show in SF for milliwatts, for a one million dollars money prize.. also investors not coming from the lenr field, what will they think?

What a bunch of....i can't find the words.

And in this business the people won't be able to blame the "crook" Rossi, he will not be there at all.

• He said who. Brillouin Energy.

That would be an electric motor, not a Stirling engine. Their output is electricity so they do not need a heat engine. Unfortunately, They just told me they are still at the micro-watt stage. "9 orders of magnitude away from 1 kW" is what they said. That would be 1 microwatt. Not even enough to light an LED or power a wristwatch. LEDs draw ~6 microwatts and wristwatches ~10 microwatts, I believe.

https://www.thorlabs.com/newgr…9.cfm?objectgroup_id=2814

How do you connect a microwatt to a sterling engine? Its a nano-device?

• How do you connect a microwatt to a sterling engine?

You cannot. No Stirling engine would work at such a low power level. Anyway, we were talking about Gordon's LEC, which outputs electricity, not heat. So even if it output 20 W you could not connect it to a Stirling engine. If it were 5 or 10 microwatts it could light an LED enough to be seen. 1 microwatt is probably not enough.

Okay, to be sure, it also puts out heat. I guess you could either use the waste heat or connect it with a resistance heater, but there would be no point. Just connect it to an electric light or motor.

It they can scale up the LEC and make it reasonably efficient, it will be even better than other cold fusion devices. Gordon told me they hope to increase output by 9 orders and magnitude (up to 1 kWe) with at least 33% efficiency. That is 33% electricity, 66% waste heat.

They said they hope to bring a working LEC to ICCF24.

I discuss the LEC briefly in my Short Course presentation.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.