ICCF-24 updates and other Anthropocene/ARPA-E news

• If those are dissimilar metals then you could just have a thermocouple. Also why doesn’t he show the current simultaneously as voltage alone means nothing?

« La Critique Est Aisée, Mais l’Art Est Difficile » (in french in the text)

Thermocouples are not Harry Potter's wand. To obtain usable energy, you need a very hot hot source and a fairly cold cold source. Where do you see them in “LEC” type devices?

These devices are the best proof of the existence of exciting phenomena that are still unknown. Nothing has been presented more convincingly for years. I look forward to discussing it with Frank Gordon and Alan Smith in front of the bay shore.

• If those are dissimilar metals then you could just have a thermocouple.

If this was just a thermocouple it would not require a co-deposition process to make it work, and it would work even in high-vacuum conditions, which the LEC (in my tests) does not. There is also no direct contact between dissimilar metals at the heart of the device.

LECs do exhibit some odd behaviours, and some of them I don't understand at all, but that makes the puzzle even more compelling to me.

Actually at some point soon I am planning to test a system not using co-deposition but simple hydrogen implantation of a 'home-brewed' alloy plate using electrolysis. Another step in laying the Peltier effect hypothesis to rest.

• This may have some bearing on the phenomenon -but it's a stretch.

Quantum-coupling between closely-spaced surfaces via transverse photons
    A quantum-mechanical formulation of energy transfer between closely spaced surfaces is given. Coupling between the two surfaces arises from the atomic…
    arxiv.org

Quantum-coupling between closely-spaced surfaces via transverse photons

K. P. Sinha, A. Meulenberg, P. L. Hagelstein

A quantum-mechanical formulation of energy transfer between closely spaced surfaces is given. Coupling between the two surfaces arises from the atomic dipole-dipole interaction involving transverse-photon exchange. The exchange of photons at resonance enhances the radiation transfer. The interaction between two surfaces, separated by a gap, is found to be dependent upon geometric, material, frequency, dipole, and temperature factors, along with a radiation-tunneling factor for the evanescent waves. The derived geometric term has a gap-spacing (distance) dependence that varies inversely as the second power for bulk samples to the inverse fourth power for the quantum well - quantum well case. Expressions for the net power transfer, in the near-field regime, from hot to cold surface for this case is given and evaluated for representative materials.

• Maybe misunderstanding... I meant the slides of the presentation of Carl Page from above what he gave for Nuclear Energy Institute on 20.06.

I checked the NEI site and did not see anything. Maybe after hearing him promote LENR at their very own conference, they washed any mention of him and his presentation off their site. :)

Anthropocene right now is very busy with the ICCF, so Frank might not have enough time to respond if you try to contact him. Maybe Alan or Ruby can ask about during the conference. Possible he may use the same slides there as at the NEI anyway.

• I checked the NEI site and did not see anything. Maybe after hearing him promote LENR at their very own conference, they washed any mention of him and his presentation off their site. :)

Anthropocene right now is very busy with the ICCF....

I checked as well, no info available....

Maybe they ("the water pressurized fission club") also realized that they will soon see more competition from "outsiders" and the fission regulatory obstacles for LENR will not apply.

I would have liked to see their faces :)

So we then wait and give him our support, if we can help!

• Just FYI...

Effective from Sunday 12 June 2022 at 00:01 ET (5:01 am BST), the CDC no longer require pre-departure COVID-19 testing for USA-bound air travellers.

Upon arrival, fully vaccinated travellers:

• do not have to quarantine
    • are recommended to take a viral test within 3 to 5 days of arrival in the US.

If you have recovered from a documented COVID-19 infection within the past 90 days (regardless of vaccination status):

• you do not need to get a test 3 to 5 days after travel

If you are travelling domestically within the USA, individual states and territories may have their own quarantine requirements. A full list of local quarantine requirements is available on the CDC website. You should check the list frequently as it is likely to change, sometimes daily, as rates of COVID-19 transmission increase or decrease.

• Correct, but that is not the maximum power transfer condition: you can lower the resistance down to about 1 kOhm and still getting a meaningful voltage. In many experiments, the maximimum power transfer is obtained with a load in the order of 100 kOhm or lower. So the power output is typically more in the order of microWatts than nanoWatts, i.e. similar to those of betavoltaic (nuclear) batteries.

• Jean-Paul Biberian welcomes you to ICCF-24.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.