ICCF-24 updates and other Anthropocene/ARPA-E news

• Correct, but that is not the maximum power transfer condition: you can lower the resistance down to about 1 kOhm and still getting a meaningful voltage.

Yes. That is what they say in their paper and presentations. This particular photo shows a LEC being run with 10 M Ohm resistance. This photo is what they had in hand when I asked for something to add to the slide. I needed something that day because Ruby wanted me to finish up.

• It would be great to have at least a picture of each poster, after the conference...

To my surprise ICCF organization doesn't require a full paper to be submitted, so no full proceedings will be published (only abstracts). Probably there will be a special issue of the JCMNS with some selected work, but most of the presented material will be somewhat unavailable to the (larger) community. That's a pity! ?(

• It would be great to have at least a picture of each poster, after the conference...

These people are digitally oriented. Surely the posters are submitted in digital format, and will be distributed.

To my surprise ICCF organization doesn't require a full paper to be submitted, so no full proceedings will be published (only abstracts).

Really?! Where did you learn that? That's unprecedented. They have always asked for papers, although in some cases presenters never got around to writing them.

This will be the largest conference in a long time. They are revising the agenda. It is not available on line at the moment.

It says:

Summit Agenda

Check back later for a detailed version of the conference

I think they will add even more presentations. The number of poster presentations is also the largest in many years, I think.

• Really?! Where did you learn that? That's unprecedented. They have always asked for papers, although in some cases presenters never got around to writing them.

I specifically asked to the conference organization (because I was unable to find the deadline and template for the submission of the full paper). Actually, I don't know if this is true for all the accepted works or only for some specific sections or presentations (e.g. for poster sections this is quite normal)...

I think they will add even more presentations. The number of poster presentations is also the largest in many years, I think.

Yes, there will be a lot of presentations, either oral and posters. Also some live demos.

• Jacques Ruer and the SFSNMC look forward to ICCF-24.

Letter N°33 Review of the virtual meeting of June 24, 2022 and preparation of the Low Energy Nuclear Reactions 2022 symposium. Jacques Ruer 06/29/2022.

In view of the preparation of our RNBE 2022 symposium, a virtual meeting took place on Friday June 24 . See letter N°32. Many of you have connected and I thank you for your active participation. At this meeting I presented a summary of the significant activities around the world in the field of LENR.

Jean-Paul Bibérian presented the various topics he will speak at the ICCF24 conference at the end of July in California. These 2 presentations are available thanks to the download link indicated at the bottom of this letter. The recordings are also available with the same link. An unexpected interruption of the recording led to the generation of 2 consecutive mp4 files. You can thus review the evening, or for those who did not have the opportunity to attend live, you can discover the exchanges that take place. The discussion regarding RNBE 2022 highlighted a strong interest in having the event physically hosted. The organization will therefore continue in accordance with your wishes.

Several speakers have already proposed oral interventions during the colloquium. I sincerely thank them. Yasuhiro Iwamura (Clean Planet) has also agreed to make an intervention (which will be translated into French). Other speakers are welcome. If you would like to speak, you are welcome to let us know. The physical organization of a symposium entails costs. Many members have spontaneously renewed their subscription. They are warmly thanked. Other members who can are invited to follow their example because it is your contributions that make it possible to prepare meetings such as RNBE 2022 https://www.sfsnmc.org/index.php/adhesion/ Other people have offered their help to ensure the smooth running of the meeting. It is extremely appreciated. A huge thank you.

Summer is coming. It's time to wish you all happy holidays. Take care of yourself in order to come back in good shape at the start of the school year. This will be an opportunity to discuss the highlights of ICCF24 and to continue the preparation of RNBE 2022.

Sincerely, Jacques Ruer President SFSNMC [email protected]

Internet link to presentations and recordings:

Google Drive: Sign-in

• Shane D. Should I send an inquiry to Antropocene Institute for the slides to be posted here, or should it be more official thru LF staff?

This Video has the slides.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Imagine a 1kw solid state energy device the size, and complexity, of a smart phone...

Coming out of single factory at an astounding rate of one made every three seconds.

Like this.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Imagine a 1kw solid state energy device the size, and complexity, of a smart phone...

not so unrealistic, since we believe that the technologies needed are quite similar to chip production.

However the technology is on one side of the coin, but the strategic implications are on the other....and these are IMO equally important, since you can either power a cruise missile with a LENR thermal battery or desalinate sea water.

• the strategic implications are on the other....and these are IMO equally important,

One question on strategy, put forth in 2013 before the US defense agencies...

How can we strategize to create a world where no one feels a need to create war?

LENR, ZPE, Graphene, Nanotechnology, Robotics,Virtual IT, Supercomputers, Artificial Intelligence, and Bioengineering; all these arts of science and advanced technologies are of interest in this document. Everyone working in these scientific fields should review this document, envision the solution proposed by Dennis Bushnell, bring the issues forward in public forums, and work together to create a world where people do not feel the need to go to war.

What can the emergent LENR energy and advanced technology communities do to contribute to a world culture that does not feel the need to ever go to war again?

That is the challenge according to Bushnell, and in many peoples’ opinion, the only solution.

Think out of the box… We will enable peace… It is extremely important for our future.

Source

FEBRUARY 14, 2014

"Future Strategic Issues/Future Warfare [Circa 2025] Dennis Bushnell – NASA – LENR" https://coldfusionnow.org/tag/future-warfare/

• How can we strategize to create a world where no one feels a need to create war?

We have been doing a pretty good job in that direction. War is now at the lowest level in recorded history. It may not seem that way, but it is. This is the "long peace." See:

External Content vimeo.com

I think the way to do it is to make resources so cheap and so widely available, no one sees a need to capture them. The Russians are stealing grain from Ukraine. If grain cost $10 per ton instead of $211, and you could grow unlimited amounts indoors in far less space than we now use, invading a country and taking it would be pointless. It would be cheaper, easier and faster to grow more yourself.

As I said, I put a version of this idea in my paper "How to Fix Global Warming with Cold Fusion." I describe special purpose itty-bitty robots, 30 W, 500 g, costing about as much as cell phones.

I also discussed mass produced devices in a paper I prepared for Dave Nagel's LENR Short Course 2022. That is an event scheduled before the conference. I will present an updated version of this paper: "Cold Fusion Will Lower the Cost of Both Energy and Equipment."

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RothwellJcoldfusionb.pdf

On p. 8 of this paper, I discuss manufacturing 170 million devices per year, for $340 billion. I think the average size of these devices would be larger than 1 kW. There will be a range of sizes, some as low as 1 kW, others in the megawatt range, but I think the average size of a generator will be around 20 kW. They will be combined heat and power cogenerators. I came up with 20 kW with a simpleminded method. I went to various websites such as Lowe's where they have online configuration guides for standby generators. Such as:

https://www.electricgeneratorsdirect.com/stories/1469-Easily-Size-Your-Home-Standby-Generator.html

You set the configuration for "Whole House," meaning the standby generator should be large enough to power everything in your house. Then you set floorspace, whether you have central air conditioning, an electric water heater, and so on. Click on "See Suggested Standbys" and you get a list of standby generators large enough for your house. I input various house configurations, based on the average US house, and on my house, and some European houses. The online utilities usually recommends around 20 kW. 10 kW would not be enough to power an air conditioner and a dryer at the same time. 30 kW would be too large for most houses. So, I settled on 20 kW for the U.S., Europe, and Japan. Third World houses would probably get smaller units to save money, or one unit which they share with several houses.

I hope that in the future people living in the Third World will have as much money as we do and they will also get 20 kW units.

All of this is predicated on the hope that cold fusion works with nickel, titanium, or some other metal, and we don't need palladium. If it only works with palladium, we cannot make millions of small generators, automobiles and other devices. There is not enough palladium for that. We can only make large, central generators for power companies. Most of the cost savings I predict in this paper would not occur in that scenario.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.