Project Proteus v1 -Harmonic Hydrogen Fusion-

• Thank you for posting such a clear and frank account of your experiments. It reminded me of the way that when attempting to understand everything going on in a simple system you end up making it much more compleax.

I want to keep it as simple as possible for replication. It's just not that easy of a science over all. It takes many different disciplines of applied science and engineering to make it happen. I won't give up though! :)

• Sorry i don't well understood everything so what is the link between cavitation and nickel in your experiment ?

Thanks

• Sorry i don't well understood everything so what is the link between cavitation and nickel in your experiment ?

Thanks

The hypothesis is that cavitation bubbles have enough pressure and heat in there collapse to create the environment necessary for hydrogen fusion. It's possible that these microbubbles of hydrogen excited by electromagnetic fields have been the explanation for the positive results in past experiments. Whether that collapse happens in the nickel lattice or nested on the lattices surfaces is another question.
    The use of Nickel as the catalyst/substrate of choice is due do to it's hydrogen permeability and financial affordability :D Pd is very expensive.
    I hope that answers your question.

• Thank you for your reply.

Now cavitation bubbles have a lot of energy, this is why this way is used to reduce the particle size from micrometer to nanometer for example.

i understand this solution should destroy its nuclear active environnement ?

Do you expect a D2 reaction or a D/H with the nickel substrat ?

The hypothesis is that cavitation bubbles have enough pressure and heat in there collapse to create the environment necessary for hydrogen fusion. It's possible that these microbubbles of hydrogen excited by electromagnetic fields have been the explanation for the positive results in past experiments. Whether that collapse happens in the nickel lattice or nested on the lattices surfaces is another question.
    The use of Nickel as the catalyst/substrate of choice is due do to it's hydrogen permeability and financial affordability :D Pd is very expensive.
    I hope that answers your question.

• Thank you for your reply.

Now cavitation bubbles have a lot of energy, this is why this way is used to reduce the particle size from micrometer to nanometer for example.

i understand this solution should destroy its nuclear active environnement ?

Do you expect a D2 reaction or a D/H with the nickel substrat ?

With enough time for the reactor to breed D2 and proper engineering to increases nucleation site probability, yes.

• Reactions that produce Hydrinos, and release energy, cannot be ruled out. Dr. Mills experimented and used devices incorporating Nickel 20 some years back. 'Science' in this area would include researching what Mills did back when ...

• For what is worth, I have thought for some years now, specially after beginning my study of many cavitation transmutation and excess heat papers, that cavitation doesn’t enable fusion because of the classic “smashing things together under high temperature and pressure” paradigm but because it creates conditions where specific events occur to form these coherent matter structures, known by many names, but I favor them be called micro ball lightnings,

that can affect matter in ways completely outside the traditional nuclear science understanding.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• With the word 'harmonic' in the title I was hoping this thread would shed some light on the mechanism for resonance based nuclear reactions. I guess not. When three alpha particles get together, oh so briefly, in a star a reaction occurs and we get carbon. The mechanism behind that is still way out of reach. That doesn't negate the possibility of doing the reaction at lower temperatures, though. We just need to get those three alpha particles together.🤠

• Why you expected that resonant behaviors could be involved ?

With the word 'harmonic' in the title I was hoping this thread would shed some light on the mechanism for resonance based nuclear reactions. I guess not. When three alpha particles get together, oh so briefly, in a star a reaction occurs and we get carbon. The mechanism behind that is still way out of reach. That doesn't negate the possibility of doing the reaction at lower temperatures, though. We just need to get those three alpha particles together.🤠

• What can we suggest? Presumably, during the cooling phase of planet formation within the 'goldilocks zone' dictated by the distance from the sun, fusion of alpha particles into carbon occurred during low energy nuclear reactions. Being a natural phenomenon that we are all trying to re-create artificially. Clearly, very high (Gpa) pressures and temperatures are needed, but less than that found in the centre of our sun.

• Our human lives are so brief compared to the age of our universe, like a blink of an eye, one second compared to light-years. Astrophysicists reckon we have 100 million years to go before our own sun eventually goes into a supernova - then maybe the process repeats itself eternally? Or the stars and galaxies reach maximum expansion, reach a point of equilibrium, then begin contraction? Science will reveal every truth eventually but every new discovery only leads to further questions. It's a matter of finding the right questions to answer in any age of human existence. What was the question?

• very high (Gpa) pressures and temperatures are needed

No. Both Mizuno and Takahashi's group work at below 1Bar and see LENR at a relatively cool 300 C+. However, the methods used are known to create high pressures within the lattice which are deemed to be necessary. But this requirement doesn't translate to the bulk environment.

• Most of researcher don't expect that some esoteric explanations should occur about Lenr.

For example Dr Czerski from the European Clean HME project shared his thoughts in relation with the electron screening effect both with resonances to explain Lenr.

I didn't expect it. I was hoping something new beyond energy balance (resonance) was involved. Resonance does not give us any mechanisms for how the alpha particles interact to fuse into carbon.

• Dr Richard

What can we suggest? Presumably, during the cooling phase of planet formation within the 'goldilocks zone' dictated by the distance from the sun, fusion of alpha particles into carbon occurred during low energy nuclear reactions. Being a natural phenomenon that we are all trying to re-create artificially. Clearly, very high (Gpa) pressures and temperatures are needed, but less than that found in the centre of our sun.

High pressures aren't necessarily needed. Consider the deuterium-proton reaction. The alpha particle-helium4-alpha particle configuration echoes it. Two positively charged particles moderated by an electron interacting with a third charged particle to go bang. Take off the blinders and look at the big picture. Nature tends to use the same processes and configurations over and over. Also historical evidence is useful.

• I was talking about the micro-environment within the Ni lattice where the active LEN reactions occur. I totally agree such high temperatures and pressures are not required within the macro-environment where individual LEN reactions are summed into i.e. integrated into heat by the rest of the LEN reactor body!

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.