The Totally Civil Covid Thread. (Closing 31/05)

• We all know that doctors don't function as forensic pathologists, and they are often not certain what was ultimately behind the immediate cause of death, such as heart failure. So no, neither the CDC nor doctors would say it is true, that they are always sure of the causal chain of events leading to death.

In 2021, the leading cause of death in the province of Alberta, Canada was : "ill defined and unknown causes".

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Disturbingly, by March of this year, like Australia, New Zealand achieved new records in what were primarily breakthrough hospitalizations and deaths, given vaccine product durability issues and a mutating Omicron variant (and subvariants).

I don't quite understand that comment. New Zealand has never until now has any appreciable CIVID infection.

Those who are not infected do not die: so now they are fully vaccinated and can open up properly, given a very high omicon surge, they are bound to have record infections.

Perhaps there are subtle reasons I do not understand that make this heading something other than antivaxxer spin?

He also pointed out New Zealand had a lower cumulative Covid-19 mortality rate – currently 378 per million population - than many other countries, due to its successes early on in the pandemic.

As at today, the UK's cumulative death rate was 2,718 deaths per million population, while in the US, that rate was 3,047 deaths per million population.

Looks like NZ is doing 7X better than the US or UK? But the comparison will maybe get worse as Covid spreads more in NZ. I cannot find data on what percentage of the population is now a survivor. My sister's family are covid-free.

THH

• Below is a list of the many serious adverse event cases, where no reason is given, other than the reason of, ‘no reasonable possibility’ in explaining why they could not possibly be related to the vaccine:

Subject #11161059, 20-year-old female suffers from bile duct stone, 13 days after dose 1

So what is the "reasonable possibility" that this case is related to the vaccine?

• What don't you understand? Simply said the vaccine doesnt stop infection or transmission. It's useless in the fight to stop transmission and spread. Someday I hope this fact sinks in.

• So what is the "reasonable possibility" that this case is related to the vaccine?

Jesus Christ do you investigate before posting

Acute Pancreatitis: A Possible Side Effect of COVID-19 Vaccine

Acute Pancreatitis: A Possible Side Effect of COVID-19 Vaccine
    For the first time, the mRNA technology was utilized to produce a vaccine against COVID-19 after the unprecedented pandemic equally affected every part of the…
    www.cureus.com

• What don't you understand? Simply said the vaccine doesnt stop infection or transmission. It's useless in the fight to stop transmission and spread. Someday I hope this fact sinks in.

FM1. This is a straw man. Who is arguing that an original COVID vaccine could stop infection from omicron COVID - so many mutations? Omicron is not just an incremental step - it has all those additional mutations. Show me even one sentence I have written that says I think the current vaccine will have a significant effect population-wide in stopping infection? If you cannot - then who are you arguing with?

TSN showing disappointment at something that was never likely to happen: VE has been going down, as expected, with every move of the virus away from original COVID. And it is ignoring what the vaccine has given us.

Worth noticing the things you leave out - otherwise you will continue to misunderstand the data

(1) The vaccine increases nAbs so much that for a few weeks after vaccination there is still quite good protection (maybe VE = 80%) against omicron

(2) At a population level, 80% protection does not much help against a new variant, because omicron R is so high and anyway it is only a small portion of the population recently vaccinated getting that 80%.

(3) Unless you can eliminate the virus (never seemed likely, and delta knocked that on the head) vaccines stop people dying, and if you are lucky smooth out the peaks a bit. That is a big deal.

(4) I'm not even sure why most people now want elimination - with many fewer dying we can live with COVID, as we live with Flue. In the US I guess it is juts this hyper-politicisation that drives people into corners and makes them say weird things. But why is FM1 doing this?

(5) The next news will be whether the promised half-reformulated vaccine will do better. Well, it will probably do better. Will it do a lot better? My guess is it will not have muhc effect on the waves of epidemic, but it will, again, reduce deaths and serious disease, making it easier to live with COVID.

PS - the only arguments I've heard are those who want to vaccinate the world - claiming that this is the only way to eradicate the virus. I've never thought that plausible, it has been an incorrect argument for a long time. COVID looks so much like Flu now that the chances of world-eradication look similar. We'd need much better vaccine tech to do that. Maybe we will have that in 10 year time.

• You have it wrong, the world health agencies worldwide are pushing boosters that are only time effective, meaning if you have had a booster a couple of months before the next surge you are shit out of luck as efficacy of booster drops to less than 20%. . the vaccines don't stop infection so long COVID is still on the table. I have advocated for early treatment for all as this would have stopped pandemic in it's tracks and much less long COVID. The vaccines at present are useless to stop Covid!!! So stop pushing it and instead scream at the top of your lungs for better. I think we deserve that!

• CDC grilled after revealing it didn't perform data analysis on COVID-19 vaccine doses

CDC grilled after revealing it didn't perform data analysis on COVID-19 vaccine doses
    Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI) is demanding answers from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention after the agency told a nonprofit group that it never…
    www.washingtonexaminer.com

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI) is demanding answers from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention after the agency told a nonprofit group that it never conducted a mandated data mining analysis on reported adverse effects that followed the administration of COVID-19 vaccine doses.

The CDC is tasked with performing a proportional reporting ratio, or PRR, data mining analysis on a weekly basis to determine whether the amount of reported "adverse events" following the administration of COVID-19 vaccine doses in the public Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System, or VAERS, database is proportional to reported adverse events linked to the administration of other vaccines.

But the CDC said in a June 16 letter to Children's Health Defense, a nonprofit group led by anti-vaccine activist Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., that "no PRRs were conducted by the CDC." The CDC's letter, which was in response to an FOIA request submitted by the group, added that "data mining is outside of th[e] agency's purview."

• This is what happens when you don't treat illness and use leaky vaccines to eradicate! You have screwed the pooch

COVID study: Millions suffer long-term smell or taste problems

Millions suffer long-lasting loss of smell or taste problems after COVID, study finds
    1 every 20 people who contract COVID have long-term smell or taste problems due to the virus, new research shows
    www.axios.com

One in every 20 people who contract COVID-19 have long-term smell or taste problems due to the virus, new research suggests.

Driving the news: About 5% of people worldwide report smell and taste dysfunction six months after COVID, according to a study published Wednesday in The BMJ, the British Medical Association's peer-reviewed medical journal.

Why it matters: "Given that an estimated 550 million cases of covid-19 have been reported worldwide as of July 2022, large numbers of patients will be seeking care for these disabling morbidities," per an editorial, led by Paolo Boscolo-Rizzo from Italy's University of Trieste, accompanying the study.

"Health systems should therefore be ready to provide support to these patients who often report feeling isolated when their symptoms are overlooked by clinicians," the researchers note.

"Loss of smell and taste adversely affects quality of life by depriving those affected of several everyday pleasures and social bonds. People can also experience anorexia, food aversions, malnutrition, anxiety, and depression."

What they did: For the study, researchers analyzed data from 18 studies that involved 3,699 patients.

They used modeling to estimate how many people's taste or smell altered, a condition known as olfactory dysfunction, at least six months after their coronavirus infection.

By the numbers: Researchers found that an estimated 5.6% of people who contracted COVID had smell dysfunction for at least six months, while 4.4% had an altered taste.

What else they found: "[W]omen are especially affected by persistent smell dysfunction, along with patients with greater initial severity of smell loss and those with nasal congestion," according to the study.

"One patient we spoke to mentioned that she has yet to recover her sense of smell, even though it has been over 27 months since the initial infection."

Meanwhile, for "the overwhelming majority, parosmia transforms a pleasant odour into an unpleasant one, and daily activities such as smelling coffee and sensing the flavour of food can become disgusting and emotionally distressing," per the researchers.

Worth noting: The researchers stress there are limitations to their study as the quality of research analyzed varied and it relied on self-reporting.

This "may overestimate recovery, suggesting that the true burden of olfactory dysfunction is even greater," they write.

The bottom line: "Having these now millions more people worldwide with decreased ability to smell — that may simply be a new public health crisis," Zara Patel, a rhinologist at Stanford University who was not involved in The BMJ research, told NBC News.

• No. It is gene driven... 3 different types...

SCIENTISTS FIND POTENTIAL ‘CURE’ FOR BALDNESS

New research pins baldness to a single chemical

Scientists find potential ‘cure’ for baldness
    New research pins baldness to a single chemical
    www.independent.co.uk

A single chemical could be responsible for whether people go bald or not, a new study has found.

In the UK, approximately two thirds of men will face male pattern baldness. The study says the discovery of the chemical could “not only treat baldness, but ultimately speed wound healing”.

Researchers at the University of California, Riverside, found that a sole chemical is responsible for hair follicles dividing and dying.

In the study published in the Biophysical Journal, study co-author Qixuan Wang said: “In science fiction when characters heal quickly from injuries, the idea is that stem cells allowed it.

• School begins in less than a month and states are calling for mandates.

Before You Vaccinate Your Child, Consider Five Essential Issues

Think long, weigh the evidence, and seek out good information.

Before You Vaccinate Your Child, Consider Five Essential Issues
    Think long, weigh the evidence, and seek out good information.
    rescue.substack.com

In his practice, Dr. Syed Haider sees patients every day who have suffered life-altering changes after covid-19 vaccination. Many had not connected their symptoms to the shots.

“Everyone has blinders to vaccine injury,” Dr. Haider told me. “Patients think they drew the one-in-a-million short straw.”

Dr. Haider is one of a savvy if small group of physicians, scientists, and advocates who challenge the vaccine narrative cemented in medicine and media. The vaccinated help themselves and society, it holds; vaccines are safe and effective. End of story.

To be sure, a small minority of 223 million fully vaccinated Americans have reported serious vaccine reactions. But available figures, from a system prone to vast CDC-acknowledged underreporting, show their ranks are large.

As of July 15, the U.S. Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System, or VAERS, received more than 1.3 million reports of covid vaccine injury, including 29,635 deaths. You will not find this tally of complications on the CDC’s website but rather on a private website called OpenVAERS.com, where reports to the government are collated and regularly updated.

For children six months to seventeen years old, the website reported the following “adverse events” through July 15:

127 deaths

481 permanent disabilities

4,079 hospitalizations

1,859 myocarditis diagnoses

52,166 total injuries

The risks of childhood covid-19 vaccination need to be weighed against the benefits. My compilation here, necessarily succinct, attempts to do that. Click the links. Consider why and why not. Do what has been discouraged: Think it through.

Very few children get seriously ill or die from covid. The risk of covid shots likely outweighs the harm of infection. Two years into this pandemic, the need to inoculate children is nil. Simple as that.

• You have it wrong, the world health agencies worldwide are pushing boosters that are only time effective, meaning if you have had a booster a couple of months before the next surge you are shit out of luck as efficacy of booster drops to less than 20%. . the vaccines don't stop infection so long COVID is still on the table. I have advocated for early treatment for all as this would have stopped pandemic in it's tracks and much less long COVID. The vaccines at present are useless to stop Covid!!! So stop pushing it and instead scream at the top of your lungs for better. I think we deserve that!

You have it wrong

(1)

You do not ask yourself "why are the world health agencies pushing boosters?"

Answer, because they significantly reduce deaths.

And, yes, juts like Flu vaccines or "survivors immunity" they are time limited - you get better protection close to the vaccination. Luckily the protection against serious disease lasts longer than against infection (for well known reasons).

The vaccines are useless to stop COVID. Which I have known ever since delta. As have you (I'd hope).

The vaccines are useful at reducing serious injury, incapacitating time off work, and death.

Governments mainly care about the fact that the vaccines reduce the number of people who need to be hospitalised.

(2)

The other part of your argument is that "early treatment" would sometimes help things. Why do you imagine "early treatment" and "vaccines" are mutually exclusive? They are not. Countries do not recommend much in the way of early treatment because not much works. We have got a few drugs though. And every developed country scientific establishment is busting its guts trying to find good repurposed or GRAS teatments (less trouble to establish safety so you can get them agreed quickly).

It shows amazing arrogance to think you know better.

You may for example argue that high dose vitamin D is known to reduce covid hospitalisation, or late-stage covid symptoms. As with all the vitamin D evidence, it is not clear.

Our disagreement is you jump at miracle cures, I don't. I should say, like you, I did this more at the start of the pandemic. Reading all of the data, and why scientists who regulate this stuff are cautious - and then the experience of seeing that possible wonder-cures in fact did not work - made me appreciate the historical context more. Finding good anti-viral drugs is difficult.

Good drugs to reduce late-covid symptoms ought to be a bit easier - except that at that stage you have COVID all through your body twisting your immune system the wrong way. Drugs to counteract that likely have side effects.

I am actually quite hopeful about Vit D as a way to reduce COVID harm in later stages and clear it quicker. But the evidence for that is not yet strong.

THH

• The vaccine reduces severity for people who are most susceptible to severity so dosing 10,000 healthy people to save one life and opening up 9,999 to adverse events doesn't make sense. If you are at risk by all means get a booster but make damn sure you time it right. You don't seem to understand, I'm not advocating vitamin d as a treatment but as a preventive measures. If levels are sufficient your immune system response will be better regulated to fight the infection. I also believe that adding vitamin d to the vaccine would help establish better efficacy. And lower incidences of long COVID.

• Answer, because they significantly reduce deaths.

Please THH Stop this blatant criminal lying! With Omicron RNA gene therapy your fake vaccine just introduce more damage and gives no protection against death.

This clown does not understand the difference between a short delay of death for some treated and direct death from e.g. Pfizer shots that are now well above 100'000.

All papers that claim a protection do not look at the vaccine induced CoV-19 deaths (first 14 days very high for Israel >100). The claims is made for weeks 6-8 after 4th shot. But all papers show that after 3 months at best 20% (reality -100%) protection exists.

Here more (rate data!!) vaccinated are in hospital and dying than unvaxx!

• What can we learn from Japan? https://mainichi.jp/english/ar…20728/p2g/00m/0na/029000c

Record high Omicron cases.

Wearing masks all day everywhere suppresses your immunization from low dose virus.

Masks( (surgical, FP2) in general are very dangerous if you don't change it ever 1.5 hours! 3hours FP2. You collect virus and at the end might inhale a large dose. Now during the heat wave people breath more deep --> more infections.

Luckily Omicron is mild and most Japanese are healthy and lean.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.