The Totally Civil Covid Thread. (Closing 31/05)

• This is also unlucky : In the month of July alone, our primary hospital (where our boys were born etc) had three doctors die.

Oh no, now there is a fifth doctor to die in the Greater Toronto Area this month.

27-Year-Old Triathlete Doctor in Canada Dies Four Days After She Collapses While Swimming - Fifth GTA Doctor to Die Within 2 Weeks
    In a tragic turn of events on Sunday, a 27-year-old triathlete and resident doctor at McMaster Children’s Hospital in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, collapsed…
    www.thegatewaypundit.com

27-Year-Old Triathlete Doctor in Canada Dies Four Days After She Collapses While Swimming – Fifth GTA Doctor to Die Within 2 Weeks

Regarding the three doctors who died in the hospital near me, the article says this:

On Thursday, The Gateway Pundit reported the deaths of three physicians at Canada’s Trillium Health Partners-Mississauga Hospital who died unexpectedly in the same week.

The three physicians who died the same week after Dr. Hannam were Dr. Lorne Segall (July 17), Dr. Stephen McKenzie (July 18), and Dr. Jakub Sawicki (July 21). According to the nurse who leaked the memo, the three doctors reportedly died after the hospital started mandating the fourth Covid shot for their employees.

Bad batch? The other staff at the hospital must be feeling a bit uneasy right now.

• Quadrivalent mosaic HexaPro-bearing nanoparticle vaccine protects against infection of SARS-CoV-2 variants

Quadrivalent mosaic HexaPro-bearing nanoparticle vaccine protects against infection of SARS-CoV-2 variants - Nature Communications
    Emerging SARS-CoV-2 variants with multiple mutations raise concerns on vaccine effectiveness. Here, Kang et al. report that a quadrivalent mosaic nanoparticle…
    www.nature.com

Abstract

Emerging SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern (VOCs) harboring multiple mutations in the spike protein raise concerns on effectiveness of current vaccines that rely on the ancestral spike protein. Here, we design a quadrivalent mosaic nanoparticle vaccine displaying spike proteins from the SARS-CoV-2 prototype and 3 different VOCs. The mosaic nanoparticle elicits equivalent or superior neutralizing antibodies against variant strains in mice and non-human primates with only small reduction in neutralization titers against the ancestral strain. Notably, it provides protection against infection with prototype and B.1.351 strains in mice. These results provide a proof of principle for the development of multivalent vaccines against pandemic and potential pre-emergent SARS-CoV-2 variants.

Skin-patch delivered subunit vaccine induces broadly neutralising antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern

Skin-patch delivered subunit vaccine induces broadly neutralising antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern
    The ongoing SARS-CoV-2 pandemic continues to pose an enormous health challenge globally. The ongoing emergence of variants of concern has resulted in …
    www.sciencedirect.com

4. Discussion

Here we expand on our previous work demonstrating potent protection of a skin-patch delivered SARS-CoV-2 subunit protein vaccine candidate by analyzing serum responses against newly emerged viral variants of concern. The immune response to the HexaPro vaccine delivered via the HD-MAP, was shown to maintain high levels of neutralisation against all variants tested, including the now dominant Omicron variant. This data is in contrast to previous studies analyzing serum from vaccinated (with ChAdOx1-S, AstraZeneca, or BNT162b2, Pfizer) individuals, where 1 month after the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine, less than half of the samples showed neutralisation activity against the Omicron variant [19]. The ChAdOx1-S vaccine showed no detectable Omicron neutralisation 1 month after the second dose [19]. Individuals receiving the Moderna mRNA vaccine were also analyzed, though this was at 4–6 months post-second dose. At this time point, only 1 individual out of the 10 tested had detectable neutralising antibodies against the Omicron variant, and this was significantly decreased relative to other variants [19]. Convalescent serum (from individuals infected with Alpha, Beta or Delta variants) was also unable to show any significant Omicron variant neutralisation. However, prior infection combined with vaccination could induce appreciable neutralisation against Omicron [19]. Another study showed similar results, with two doses of the Pfizer mRNA vaccine unable to induce Omicron neutralisation in the majority of subjects, but previous infection followed by the two Pfizer vaccine doses improved Omicron neutralisation activity [5].

Taken together, this pre-clinical data suggests that HexaPro HD-MAP vaccination could provide a promising addition to current SARS-CoV-2 vaccine approaches. Along with improved thermal stability [7] as well as ease of application, transport and disposal, HD-MAP vaccine delivery could represent a promising step forward in achieving vaccination coverage against SARS-CoV-2, especially in resource-poor areas

• But not to worry, the hospital assures us that the deaths were not related to the Covid vaccine.

They don't say how they know, they just know. They are that good.

They don't have to say how they know. Anyone with a half a brain can see why. Maybe you should stop and think for 30 seconds before posting this kind of nonsense.

Reasons:

These are physicians. They would have been vaccinated in 2021, in the first round of people. In the U.S., if they refused a vaccination they would be fired. It is not likely they were vaccinated recently, unless it was the second booster. Which they probably did not get because they are young. And if it was a second booster, why would it kill four people who were not affected by the first three doses? How likely is that, hmmmm? (If the first three doses had affected them seriously, they would not have gotten a fourth.)

The other reason we know this for a fact is because the vaccines have not killed anyone, anywhere in North America. Not one. So it would be a fantastic coincidence if the second booster happened to kill four people in the same building.

• Anecdotes.

From 2 years worth of our student cohort (nearly all now vaccinated). That is 1000 students

• No long-term health problems from vaccination.
    • From the same cohort: one unvaccinated at the time student died (shockingly and unexpectedly) from COVID.

From children of family friends:

• No long-term health problems from vaccination.
    • One unvaccinated at the time child died (shockingly and unexpectedly) from COVID.

Perhaps this explains why my "gut feelings" on vaccinations align with the studies, and the serious commentary, which looks at ALL the studies and factors in the complexities (time from vaccination, effect of population level of prior infections, effect of variants).

Older people: I do not have Mark U's (perhaps atypical) experience of a family member who gets ill shortly after every vaccine dose they take. I do have a few friends who died of COVID, and others who have not died, but been severely disabled for at least 12 months after infection (ongoing).

THH

• Older people: I do not have Mark U's (perhaps atypical) experience of a family member who gets ill shortly after every vaccine dose they take.

I am another - mild malaise after AZ 1, more severe malaise after AZ2, then a lot of problems persisting for months (arthralgia and fatigue) after a switch to Moderna for #3. No more for me, I have had Covid before vaccination and Omicron since. Make of that what you will.

• To much paperwork

Kishida hints he may reclassify COVID-19 into a lower category

Kishida hints he may reclassify COVID-19 into a lower category | The Asahi Shimbun: Breaking News, Japan News and Analysis
    Prime Minister Fumio Kishida on July 31 suggested he would consider reclassifying COVID-19 to a lower category under a law after the seventh wave of infections…
    www.asahi.com

Prime Minister Fumio Kishida on July 31 suggested he would consider reclassifying COVID-19 to a lower category under a law after the seventh wave of infections subsides.

“I don’t intend to reclassify (COVID-19) now, when infections are spreading,” Kishida told reporters outside the Prime Minister's Official Residence in Tokyo on July 31.

“I will carefully consider the diseases categorized as Type II in the future, while exploring the best timing for recategorization and taking into account the possibility of (the virus) mutating," he added.

COVID-19 cases are rapidly rising across the nation amid the seventh wave.

The infectious disease prevention law places infectious diseases into five categories--Types I through V--based on their infectiousness and the seriousness of their symptoms.

Currently, the novel coronavirus is categorized as “equivalent to a Type II” infectious disease.

• From 2 years worth of our student cohort (nearly all now vaccinated). That is 1000 students

No long-term health problems from vaccination.

I'm curious how exactly you know they have no long-term health problems. Did you poll the students? Or was it simply that none dropped their courses, and you are inferring from that there is no long term health problems?

• So our eldest son, double vaccinated months ago, is just now getting over an extended bout of wet (productive) cough. Almost four weeks worth. He tested negative for Covid, twice, with rapid antigen tests. Anyway, he has *never* had a cough last that long in his over twenty year life. He is a very healthy eater and very much into exercise. Has his innate immune system taken a hit, I wonder.

Meanwhile, I myself have come down with something over the last three days. I'm almost over it now. Slight fever, some chills, some nausea, slight cough, lots of achiness (even in the eyeballs) and frequent urge to rest. Just in case, I broke out the first of my Z-packs from India and took an ivermectin pill for three days. Can't tell if it was effective. Today, just a bit of sore throat.

Still went out running the dog every day, but was drug assisted - a big shout out to ibuprofen and L-tyrosine.

My wife will be bringing home a couple of rapid antigen tests from work later today. Personally I doubt I'll test positive but we'll see.

• So our eldest son, double vaccinated months ago, is just now getting over an extended bout of wet (productive) cough. Almost four weeks worth. He tested negative for Covid, twice, with rapid antigen tests. Anyway, he has *never* had a cough last that long in his over twenty year life. He is a very healthy eater and very much into exercise. Has his innate immune system taken a hit, I wonder.

Meanwhile, I myself have come down with something over the last three days. I'm almost over it now. Slight fever, some chills, some nausea, slight cough, lots of achiness (even in the eyeballs) and frequent urge to rest. Just in case, I broke out the first of my Z-packs from India and took an ivermectin pill for three days. Can't tell if it was effective. Today, just a bit of sore throat.

Still went out running the dog every day, but was drug assisted - a big shout out to ibuprofen and L-tyrosine.

My wife will be bringing home a couple of rapid antigen tests from work later today. Personally I doubt I'll test positive but we'll see.

You might not test positive but I'm guessing based on the eye pain that you had a tussle with BA5. Light sensitivity is a symptom of omicrom. Supplement B12 or go to doc and get a shot. 50 mg of iron wouldn't be a bad idea too

• no deaths from vaccine in north America ? Seems to be happening elsewhere!

Japan Health Ministry Authorized First COVID-19 Vaccine Death Compensation Award

Japan grants first payment for death related to COVID vaccination
    A health ministry panel found that a causal relationship between subsequent health problems and the vaccine could not be denied in the case.
    www.japantimes.co.jp

Although substantial numbers of the global human population were vaccinated over the past year-and-a-half as part of government efforts to combat the COVID-19 pandemic, nearly everywhere, consumers have little recourse if they become injured. The level of consumer rights during this pandemic range considerably. Some governments do have vaccine injury award programs associated with the COVID-19 vaccines. TrialSite recently reported on a payout in Taiwan for a deceased woman’s family. Her death was linked to the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine, and the family received $116,800. Most recently, Japan’s health ministry panel decided to offer for the first time in that nation compensation to the family of a 91-year-old woman who experienced a significant allergic reaction as well as a sudden heart attack and died after receiving a COVID-19 vaccine.

As reported in The Japan Times, the largest and oldest English-language daily newspaper, the government has accepted 3,680 applications for COVID-19 vaccine-related compensation in this Asian nation of 125.8 million people. To date, 850 have been accepted and 62 denied. The authorities have delayed 16 with some of the cases involving deaths. 11 cases have been reviewed, but for any number of reasons the judgements are now suspended. In Japan one panel of experts associated with the health ministry estimates there are over 1,700 vaccine-related deaths in Japan.

Japan is currently in its worst surge yet despite near universal vaccination for COVID-19. In total, 32,703 persons died from COVID-19 with about 12.9 million cases reported according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

Vaccine Law in Japan

Classified as “ad hoc,” damages claims associated with the COVID-19 vaccines in Japan payments range from $1619 (¥212,000) funeral contributions to lump sum considerations of up to just under $340,000 (¥44.2m). In America, any damages are capped by the PREP Act at $50,000.

The Japan Minister of Health, Labor, and Welfare reports that the deceased struggled with pre-existing conditions including transient ischemic attacks. Authorities did not disclose how many shots she received nor the timing of those jabs. However, the Japanese panel did conclude earlier this week that in fact, there was a causal relationship associated with the woman’s health problems and COVID-19 in that representatives declared such a relationship could not be denied.

References

The Japan Times

• You might not test positive but I'm guessing based on the eye pain that you had a tussle with BA5. Light sensitivity is a symptom of omicrom. Supplement B12 or go to doc and get a shot. 50 mg of iron wouldn't be a bad idea too

Yeah those rapid antigen tests are too often false negatives.

Funny that you mention B12 and Iron. My wife went to the store three days ago to get some for me. Why? Friday night, my restless leg syndrome was off the charts, actually preventing me from getting a good night sleep. Saturday morning, my sickness began. The wife did some digging and found that B12 and Iron might help with restless leg. So now I'm taking a pill that has iron, B12 and folate.

I should mention that I supplement daily with Vitamin D3, about 3000 IU (summertime), but for about 10 days before I got sick I had run out of pills! (Coincidence?) So when my wife went out to get the Iron and B12, she also got the D3 for me, which she also read might help with restless leg. Of course I also supplement with magnesium biglycinate, vitamin C and A, zinc and NAC hehe. Also, I started taking Quercetin and melatonin when my symptoms started.

PS For anyone wondering what restless leg syndrome is, it's a persistent, achy, unpleasant crawly sensation in the legs, mostly lower legs. I've had this since I was a kid but only a few years ago I learned it was a 'thing' and had a name! People marvel that they seldom see me walking, I'm almost always running at various speeds. This is because running gives me some relief from the restless leg. Walking doesn't.

• no deaths from vaccine in north America ? Seems to be happening elsewhere!

Probably not. It says:

A panel spokesperson said “a scientifically rigorous causal relationship is not necessary” in determining eligibility for damages. . . .

A separate health ministry panel of experts, which analyzes side effects, has received reports of more than 1,700 cases of vaccine-related deaths from medical facilities, although no causal relationships have been recognized.

That is the same situation as in the U.S.

Also, this was probably not an mRNA vaccine. The mRNA ones are safer than the traditional adenovirus ones.

• Omicrom very rarely infects the lungs instead infecting the gut microbiome. It begins by infecting and killing off gut bacteria and in the process depletes the body of vitamin B, mainly B1,B3,B12. It also has an effect on vitamin d production. I take 5000 units of vitamin d every day year long. Miss a few days and you run the risk of insufficiency. Vitamin D has a half-life of 15- 18 hours in your body. You have to continually supplement to remain VIT d sufficient. 3000 units a day is insufficient for anyone over the age of 40 to maintain homeostasis

• SARS-CoV-2 Omicron escapes mRNA vaccine booster-induced antibody neutralisation in patients with autoimmune rheumatic diseases: an observational cohort study

SARS-CoV-2 Omicron escapes mRNA vaccine booster-induced antibody neutralisation in patients with autoimmune rheumatic diseases: an observational cohort study
    Objectives This study investigates whether COVID-19 vaccines can elicit cross-reactive antibody responses against the Omicron variant in patients with…
    ard.bmj.com

Abstract

Objectives This study investigates whether COVID-19 vaccines can elicit cross-reactive antibody responses against the Omicron variant in patients with autoimmune rheumatic diseases (ARDs).

Methods This observational cohort study comprised 149 patients with ARDs and 94 healthcare workers (HCWs). Blood samples were obtained at enrolment, a median of 15 weeks after the second vaccine dose or 8 weeks after the third dose. The functional cross-neutralisation capacity of sera was measured using the Omicron variant receptor-binding domain-ACE2 binding inhibition assay. We assessed the incidence of breakthrough infections and the potential correlation with neutralising responses in participants after receiving third doses. The association of time-from-vaccine and neutralising responses in sera was predicted using linear regression analysis.

Results The mean cross-neutralising responses against the Omicron variant developed after the second dose was 11.5% in patients with ARDs and 18.1% in HCWs (p=0.007). These responses were significantly lower in patients with ARDs than in HCWs after the third dose (26.8% vs 50.3%, p<0.0001). Only 39.2% of the patient sera showed functional neutralisation capacity to the Omicron variant and cross-neutralising responses were shown to be poorly correlated with anti-spike immunoglobulin G titres. Within 6 weeks of immunological assessments, significantly lower Omicron-neutralising responses were detected in sera from patients with ARDs who developed breakthrough infections compared with those who did not (p=0.018). Additionally, a relative decline was implied in neutralising responses against the Omicron variant as a reference to the wild-type virus during 120 days since the third vaccination, with a predicted decay rate of −0.351%/day (95% CI, −0.559 to −0.144, p=0.001).

Conclusions Striking antibody evasion manifested by the Omicron variant in patients with ARDs and current vaccine-induced immunity may not confer broad protection from Omicron breakthrough infection, highlighting the need for further research on vaccine effectiveness in patients with immune dysfunctions

• Add “Contagious” to the Paxlovid Rebound

Add “Contagious” to the Paxlovid Rebound
    Perhaps the hype for Paxlovid, Pfizer&rsquo;s antiviral pill for treatment of the Covid-19 virus is finally catching up with the drug. The cases of Covid…
    www.trialsitenews.com

Perhaps the hype for Paxlovid, Pfizer’s antiviral pill for treatment of the Covid-19 virus is finally catching up with the drug. The cases of Covid rebound after taking the course of the medication no longer appear to be rare. The most notable cases, so far, who have had Covid rebounds have been Dr. Anthony Fauci and President Joe Biden. Now, it seems there’s more aftereffects to the anti-viral than just the “Rebound”.

More Than 3 Million Courses of Paxlovid Have Been Distributed in the US

Even though Paxlovid is prescribed under Emergency Use Authorization (EUA), according to data from the Department of Health and Human Services more than three million courses of Paxlovid have been distributed in the United States. The Biden Administration has been pushing the treatment, and it is readily available on the streets of New York City. This, in spite of the fact that Pfizer’s own testing of the drug found it is ineffective for healthy people and patients under 65. Regardless, Pfizer has continued to push the medication in pursuit of a possible $22 billion in profit this year just on Paxlovid.

More Than a Rebound After Taking Paxlovid

Now there are reports from researchers that patients can be contagious for Covid during a Paxlovid rebound. "People who experience rebound are at risk of transmitting to other people, even though they're outside what people accept as the usual window for being able to transmit," said Dr. Michael Charness of the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Boston. With this in mind, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has issued new guidelines after taking the anti-viral pill. The CDC recommends people who test positive for Covid again after taking Paxlovid should return to isolation for five days until their symptoms are gone.

But this may just be the beginning of the problem. According to the White House, over the last two months, Paxlovid prescriptions have gone from 27,000 a week to 182,000 a week. A study in February recommended the anti-viral for high-risk patients who contract Covid-19. But the CDC still recommends early treatment with Paxlovid after testing positive for the virus. Still, it’s not clear why people rebound after taking the drug and not enough testing has been done on the medication. "People take Paxlovid, and what we know it does very well is it blocks viral replication," Dr. Charness said. And so, the levels of virus go down. But then in some people -- no one knows how many, because not enough people have been studied -- levels of the virus begin to climb again nine to 12 days after they first test positive.” Charness added the fact that the infection can come back after taking the anti-viral may indicate the patient started the treatment too late or maybe a longer course of treatment is needed. Regardless, Charness believes more studies need to be done on Paxlovid. With Pfizer’s apparent emphasis on profits, it seems testing is the last item on the company’s list.

• Is anyone listening? Not anyone in the alphabet agencies!!!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• PS The only reason I got tested in the first place is that tomorrow I am scheduled for an in person meeting at a hospital with some doctors and social workers regarding the care of one of my siblings who is there, and I didn't want to potentially spread covid in a hospital of all places. It looks like I'll have to be there virtually instead, oh well.

• He tested negative for Covid, twice, with rapid antigen tests. Anyway, he has *never* had a cough last that long in his over twenty year life.

LFT test negative does not alas exclude COVID.

Most people are negative for a few days with symptoms.

Young people are often negative the whole time, with symptoms.

But it need not have been COVID. After 2 years lockdowns suppressed respiratory and other viruses a lot of them come back and not surprisingly everyone's immune systems are less prepared.

Fertile ground for apophenia

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.