Post ICCF24 thread.

• Summarizing, NASA Glenn has duplicated multiple nuclear reaction initiated by various experimental techniques. They didn't always get the expected reaction products. They found transmutations, and tritium. There is heat release as well. Codeposition and LINAC photon stimulation are highly reproducible. Importantly, they have develop critical concentration of expertise in multiple disciplines and experimental and theoretical resources, and are following evidence-based approaches.

I am upset with NASA. Yes, they have been studying LENR since 1989 as we all knew. But, and I say BUT, we never knew they were as successful as Benyo just told us! Am I right, or have they actually been as unambiguous about their positive results all along?

I was astounded listening and kept saying to myself "why didn't you go to the public, your mainstream colleagues, and tell them in no uncertain terms that you were seeing heat, RF, and nuclear signatures?".

This is NASA. When they talk, people listen. Had they done so it would have brought some much needed acceptance, and driven away some of that stigma that has held back progress.

Anyway, I am excited also about what I heard. It reinforces my belief that this is real and it is just a matter of time before we learn to harness.

• One of his team (Gotzmer) said they will present results Thursday.

• NOTE: These are all my words, though I'm occasionally quoting. See the videos for detailed vocabulary.

Carl Page is up. He is a crew member on Spaceship Earth and wondering who's in charge. He wants to solve the problems and find the right people to do that. There is another fellow G. Nagesh Rao on the screen who says, If you fail fast and get back up again, that's what we need.

It takes a long time to deploy this stuff. It's year 33 for solid state energy, but paradigm changes take a while.

Go look at the Computer History Museum exhibits and see early technology that led to a paradigm change over a long time. Carl Page likes the early analog technology exhibits the best. Geometry could do very well back then, and now we have algebra, which is great, but let's not forget about common sense, and dimensional analysis!

We have a big problem. We are killing the biosphere. We have the solutions, and need to continue to implement them. Make energy cheap and everything flows from that. We also need a theory of change that allows our institutions to not fear that change. Existing entities don't want to lose profits, and they shouldn't. We must clean up pollution to save our planet, but that's how we get clean energy too.

The heat waves mean we need air conditioning - and cheap energy to run it. What is transformative about solid state fusion, it doesn't use any materials that officials can stop you from using.

Public, private, and academia: what are the roles for each of these entities and their responsibility in

this effort? Our moral center comes from academia, and young people get their main source of empowerment for their careers. Research is done with cheap labor of students who rotate every six years. It's really great, but there is some problem. Carl helps UMichigan and wants to encourage projects that help the planet, and he runs into people who say, well we're going to do this because private industry needs/wants this. We have to have an Open Science World, he says.

Nobody gets very far if they don't have a real job and a deadline. Some government employees don't really have that, or Congress says, please don't disrupt our coal, for instance.

Private sector can help this field too, as a combination of academia and private. How can one compete with a sector that, say, China, subsidizes. We've got to fire on all cylinders, and get good papers, good publishing. A company that wants to innovate in energy then knows who has a good chance of succeeding, maybe worth 10x or 100x. Invest in 50 different companies, and one out of ten will succeed, with good returns on all fronts.

LENR research is not that expensive compared to everything else the government pays for. Engineers create new wealth, as opposed to bankers moving money from one pocket to another.

With automation in manufacturing, you can make a billion of something very cheaply. At first, he used an IBM giant computer at U Michigan, but over time, computers got smaller, and eventually, they were smaller and reliable as anything else, so he started buying little computers. A company can create a product for their own use, without anyone else's permission. It is possible to start small, with a small market, and move from there. It won't take long, he believes.

Having a good set of academic pros that can help institutions, including private companies, to help decide what projects deserve funding. It requires a good sense of the research to get the credibility. Wall Street says don't spend money on anything that doesn't get a return this quarter. This is really short-sighted and we can fix that, but we have to make that happen. There are companies that can build things that have never been built before. We have the capacity, we need the will, in essence, is what he is saying.

Carl Page is hoping everyone gets to know each other and we can build the supply chain we need to get research done, get socialized in the right places. We have to work on how papers get published. This is an opportunity to create an industry here.

• A Brillouin video is now playing. They are needing a few million dollars more to get the next phase. We will check out the live demo of active unit after the show.

Then, the rapper Baba came on. He free-styled a bit and is now doing a rap he wrote over the last couple hours. He is quite good and throws that science language around like he knows what's up.

• How would you rate the impact of that paper from 2011 to Benyo's ICCF presentation today? By "impact", I mean on public perception of, and mainstream science acceptance of LENR.

I don't understand what you mean. The impact of today's ICCF presentation has not happened yet. The public has not heard about it, so there is no impact. Maybe there will be one. A lot depends on haphazard events, such as some bigwig reporter or social media personality hearing about the results and telling the world. As you know, some people on Facebook have millions of followers.

I think the results themselves are a lot better. They should impress people. But you never know whether they will or not.

I believe the conference organizers will make these videos public in a few weeks, so if there is going to be an impact, it should come soon.

I can report there is a moderate uptick in downloads from LENR-CANR.org since May. I think this is caused by people discussing the conference.

• A company can create a product for their own use, without anyone else's permission.

Intellectual Property IP Patents

Corporations are people too... Legalwise that is. Accorded the rights of an individual.

Yet anyone can build a Rolls Royce for personal use and not be sued for patent violation by Rolls.

As long as you don't sell it.

Make a hundred of them... Same.

I've never heard this applied as something a company could do.

Bold

• I think the results themselves are a lot better. They should impress people. But you never know whether they will or not.

I guess I overstated that. Yes, you never know. But I can predict that a presentation about experiments is likely to attract more attention than a theory paper, or a review, or some other category. Experimental papers are the most popular category at LENR-CANR.org.

In other words, this has a good chance of attracting attention.

The Navy presentation was pretty good too. I look forward to hearing the technical details later in the week.

• Where a bit of cold fusion history began (Circa 1990 or so... ) Quote "Performing cold fusion research under the baleful gaze of John Huizenga."

1991 Rochester Forth Conference on Automated Instruments

Conference chairman, Lawrence P. Forsley ; hosted by the Institute for Applied Forth Research Inc. and sponsored by NASA Goddard Space Flight Center [and others]

-gbgoblenote

Shane D. This magazine issue is a really great read considering the spot we find ourselves in. It gives you a list of format options to view it in. I chose pdf. From 1991 Computers, sensors, aquisition, data, AI, neural pathways, algorithms and more... Full text

"Forth Dimension Volume 12 Number 6" - Internet Archive

1991 Rochester Forth Conference ON Automated Instruments June 18 -21, 1991 University of Rochester For more information, contact: Lavvrence P. Forsley ...

Source

archive.org was first indexed by Google more than 10 years ago

Full text of "Forth Dimension Volume 12 Number 6"

Your connection to this site is secure

About the source - Internet Archive

In their own words

The Internet Archive Wayback Machine is a service that allows people to visit archived versions of Web sites. Visitors to the Wayback Machine can type in a URL, select a date range, and then begin surfing on an archived version of the Web. From help.archive.org

• After listening first to ARPA-E's/DOE Scott Hsu, then later to NASA and DARPA/NAVSEA, I have to wonder if the left hand of government knows what the right hand is doing? Hsu was very cautious and careful about LENR while announcing their decision to fund...even cautioning us not to call it CF yet, while the other two were very optimistic after presenting their promising positive results. Do they even communicate?

Maybe Foyt is right.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.