Post ICCF24 thread.

• Once again :thumbup:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I remembered to have shared earlier to an old guard member that the cubic cathode used by P@F a while was probably why for which once it had melted through the table.

He had made fun of me so it's good that new researchers replace those mentally worn out.

• Don't remember if Francesco was already shared here ?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Bob Greenyer has mentioned Krypton 85 as an isotope that undergoes beta decay to release energetic electrons. Although I do not think such isotopes are required for practical plasma based Cold Fusion systems. But in the future large companies and institutions may find that mixtures containing sources of ionization (to fill the environment of a system with electron "food") may dramatically aid performance.

In the mean time, I can't help but wonder if someone like George Egely could use Ed Storms method of implanting stable, inert calcium oxide particles to create an ionized environment in his reactor to enhance the condensed plasmoids he produces. At a minimum, it could lower the input voltage required and possibly boost output dramatically.

• External Content www.youtube.com

• 91 years old congratulations for your involvement Sir.

Again, if you could share your "long range" secrets there is money to do :)

• In the mean time, I can't help but wonder if someone like George Egely could use Ed Storms method of implanting stable, inert calcium oxide particles to create an ionized environment in his reactor to enhance the condensed plasmoids he produces. At a minimum, it could lower the input voltage required and possibly boost output dramatically.

The proper way to increase COP is to reduce input power to the bare minimum. What Rossi has done is to first produce the EVOs using a spark, then switch to a radio frequency to grow the EVOs in the plasma. The power that these EVOs produce has increased.

Rossi says he has a COP of 100 whereas Egely says his COP is a maximum of 10.

The big advantage that a plasma system has over a solid state system is that both transmutation and power production can be controlled through the structure of the input power. It took Rossi over a decade to find this out and it will take these other solid state developers to discover through much pain and suffering this same lessen.

• The proper way to increase COP is to reduce input power to the bare minimum. What Rossi has done is to first produce the EVOs using a spark, then switch to a radio frequency to grow the EVOs in the plasma. The power that these EVOs produce has increased.

Rossi says he has a COP of 100 whereas Egely says his COP is a maximum of 10.

The big advantage that a plasma system has over a solid state system is that both transmutation and power production can be controlled through the structure of the input power. It took Rossi over a decade to find this out and it will take these other solid state developers to discover through much pain and suffering this same lessen.

A few thoughts.

- Although EVOs can be nested within each other, I think Rossi is generating a more powerful singular electrical discharge with a probably "larger" EVO than Egely (who is producing dozens of smaller ones). I can't say precisely which is better, but I think it will be more difficult for Egely to precisely tune his electrical discharges to maximize the self organizational process than someone who is producing a single larger EVO at a time.

- Egely has stated that his relaxation oscillator is not very efficient (which means wasted energy) and most certainly his high voltage transformer is wasting energy too. Both of these parts of the circuit will probably be optimized. My guess is even without enhancing the reactor itself a second generation device would double in COP.

- I totally agree about reducing input power. Since input power is a function of voltage and current, I like the idea of reducing the voltage needed to produce the discharges. Somehow pre-ionizing the environment allowing the input voltage required to generate a discharge should lower the input. Also, we know that self organized plasmas (at least those produced by SAFIRE) are partially controlled by temperature. If he thermally insulated the reactor and allowed whatever minimal heat is produced to accumulate, I suspect this would further reduce the input voltage. To what degree this would actually lower the total input power, I can't say.

- Making each pulse as sharp with the fastest rise time possible is of course a good route, just as you say. Looking at this from a slightly different perspective, we know from patent material online and other papers that from a certain perspective, an electric field is simply a magnetic vector potential with a gradient. This magnetic vector potential, according to papers written by Lockheed scientists, can make electrons and other particles go into a coherent state. I believe the faster the rise time the greater this effect will be.

I think his device has tons of room for optimization, and I'd love to see the LONG version of his presentation!

Could anyone ask him to post it?

• I just finished watching Edmund Storms ICCF 24 presentation which is now available. There are many things to note from his presentation. I especially like his description of how NAE's (the cracks) of a critical size range are formed, are filled with hydrogen or some isotope of hydrogen, then a NAS (nuclear active structure) forms, and finally there are nuclear reactions.

So.. NAE > Add Hydrogen Isotope > NAS > Nuclear Reaction > Products and Energy

He does not state this explicitly but I think an extremely likely candidate for the NAS is a self organized coherent matter structure. However, his slides state that many hydrogen nuclei and electrons come together at the NAE to form the NAS which induces nuclear reactions via a cooperative resonance process. This sure sounds like the conditions which could form a self organized Bose Einstein Condensate structure.

If EVO like BECs are being produced, then I suspect they could be quantized in regards to size. A certain size gap between 2 and 10 nanometers may be ideal for certain sized NAS or EVOs while others may prefer larger gaps, holes, etc. My guess is the 2 to 10 nanometer size gaps may be the ones that are easily stimulated by heat. Large gaps may require other frequencies.

• He does not state this explicitly but I think an extremely likely candidate for the NAS is a self organized coherent matter structure. However, his slides state that many hydrogen nuclei and electrons come together at the NAE to form the NAS which induces nuclear reactions via a cooperative resonance process. This sure sounds like the conditions which could form a self organized Bose Einstein Condensate structure.

You are correct on every point. Ed needs to study some quantum optics and nanoplasmonics. What forms inside the cracks are polaritons. In science, cracks are called microcavities. A polariton condensate forms inside microcavities (aka cracks). Here is a good reference to the field of nanoplasmonics.

In the formation of polaritons, hydrogen provides an insulation layer where both photons and electrons are trapped and where polaritons can form.

Exciton polaritons and their condensates. Exciton polaritons are bosonic quasiparticles originating from photons hybridized with hydrogen-like bound electron–hole pairs. Semiconductor microcavities offer an outstanding platform for the investigation of exciton polaritons and the attendant strong light–matter coupling, provided a high-quality microcavity is nearly resonant with an excitonic transition. Trapped photons may be emitted and reabsorbed multiple times before being lost to dissipation or cavity leakage. Absorption and re-emission of photons in the cavity give rise to light–matter mixed eigenstates. When sufficiently long-lived, exciton polaritons may form coherent quantum states. Bose–Einstein condensates (BECs) of exciton polaritons are appealing quantum liquids in part because their coherent state is created and controlled by light.

• Has anybody seen slides for this presentation? The video has gone up as audio only.

• Has anybody seen slides for this presentation? The video has gone up as audio only.

Here it is.

• Here the funny Daniel_G with a cat in hands. However noone knows if this cat is hot or not ? :) :)

• Probably the last presentation i have to share because Jacques was the last speaker the last day.. very very late in the European night, I remember (I had trouble waking up the next day to go to work).

• One more...

• Axil,

Here is another thought about his presentation. He mentions how the NAE needs to be a place where hydrogen can go but cannot revert back into a molecular form. I have read that one very interesting property of self organized plasmas, at least on the macro-level - is that the hydrogen within the double layers tends to remain in the atomic state. I would guess there are some NAE larger than two nano-meters in which hundreds or thousands of bare protons or atomic hydrogen atoms are within self organized EVOs. Once incorporated into the condensate, the hydrogen may remain in the atomic state even if there would be room to fit many molecular hydrogen molecules.

• Axil,

Here is another thought about his presentation. He mentions how the NAE needs to be a place where hydrogen can go but cannot revert back into a molecular form. I have read that one very interesting property of self organized plasmas, at least on the macro-level - is that the hydrogen within the double layers tends to remain in the atomic state. I would guess there are some NAE larger than two nano-meters in which hundreds or thousands of bare protons or atomic hydrogen atoms are within self organized EVOs. Once incorporated into the condensate, the hydrogen may remain in the atomic state even if there would be room to fit many molecular hydrogen molecules.

The role that hydrogen plays is to provide the optical cavity in which electrons and photons enter superposition and become entangled. The metal surface provides the electrons, and light provides the photons. SAFIRE can use other gases to produce the Bose condensate. I think helium might be that other gas used in SAFIRE. I think they also tried argon.

The polariton condensate needs two things: electrons and photons. For example, in the LION experiment, the reactor temperature did not show any results (aka meltdown) unless the temperature got over 1000C. Google failed in the Parkhomov replication because Parkhomov uses temperatures well above 1000C. In the HotCat demo, Rossi saw that the power of the HotCat when up with temperature approaching 1000C. That high temperature produces black body light that is of the proper frequency to combine with electrons. Without light no Bose condensate will form. This is why Holmlid must use laser light to irradiate his ultra dense hydrogen to see EVOs produced. The EVO initiation spark provides two essential things, electrons and photons(light).

Cracks will not produce the LENR reaction in the dark. There must be light to form the EVOs in the cracks.

-----------------------------------

I just had a thought about SAFIRE. The double layers may be caused by the meissner effect in the superconductor.

Meissner effect - Wikipedia
    en.wikipedia.org

The meissner effect pushes out magnetic field from the superconductor. That magnetic field push may be why there is a charge separation in the double layer because the meissner effect is pushing out the electrons from the superconducting cooper pair proton (aka hole) layer.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.