Post ICCF24 thread.

• Ah - so you mean thermal radiation approximating to that of a black body. Light does not really come into it in all cases.

An incandescent bulb works by producing black body radiation (aka Light). An object will always produce light based on its temperature. That is how a infrared camera (aka night vision) can see a person in the dark.

https://kintronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/night-scene-IR.jpg

If you mean that polaritons can form without light, you are correct.

Abstract

We have investigated the similarities and difference between three well-known types of polaritons: phonon polariton, exciton polariton and surface plasmon polariton. For first two types (phonon polariton and exciton polariton) the interaction between photon and media can be expressed via a longitudinal-transversal splitting (LT-splitting), while for third type of polariton (surface plasmon polariton) via the boundary condition. Considering an analogy of these three types of polaritons, an effective LT-splitting was introduced for surface plasmon polariton.

• I believe coherent matter structures (EVOs) can induce different types of reactions. One class are the transmutations you describe that make it seem like matter is being phase changed or scrambled up and put back together. However, we also know that in some cases they can emit high speed, high energy particles. I think that inside of an EVO that's constantly absorbing and emitting ions and electrons, there's also enough "electron screening" to allow for fusion. That's what's so interesting about EVOs. At different scales and levels of excitement a bunch of different processes can take place.

• An incandescent bulb works by producing black body radiation (aka Light). An object will always produce light based on its temperature. That is how a infrared camera (aka night vision) can see a person in the dark.

https://kintronics.com/wp-cont…016/02/night-scene-IR.jpg

If you mean that polaritons can form without light, you are correct.

I suggest becoming familiar with how an IR camera actually works.

• Hmm I have an idea. As I think that the assumption that all EM radiation is consisting of an aggregate of photons might be wrong and in reality it is a mix of photons and traditional EM fields. Could it be that strange radiation is just the field part without the photon? Anything that counts photons would not detect it.

The standard model is a gauge theory whereby fields are expressed in terms of force carriers.

Force carrier - Wikipedia

The electroweak field will always be actioned via the 4 force carriers:

Photons, W bosons, and Z bosons, excitations of the electroweak gauge fields.

But I am happy to see someone who has an open mind that would consider LENR as something other than fusion.

• I suggest becoming familiar with how an IR camera actually works.

https://www.bushnell.com/throu…20glowing%20green%20image.

Older night vision equipment uses optoelectronic image enhancement technology. This technology uses a series of optical lenses and a special electronic vacuum tube to capture and amplify the visible and infrared light that is reflected off nearby objects.

The first lens in the system, called the objective lens, captures the dim visible light reflected from the subject, along with some light from the low end of the infrared spectrum. This light, like all light, is comprised of small particles called photons.

Are you thinking about the new digital cameras?

• I believe coherent matter structures (EVOs) can induce different types of reactions. One class are the transmutations you describe that make it seem like matter is being phase changed or scrambled up and put back together. However, we also know that in some cases they can emit high speed, high energy particles. I think that inside of an EVO that's constantly absorbing and emitting ions and electrons, there's also enough "electron screening" to allow for fusion. That's what's so interesting about EVOs. At different scales and levels of excitement a bunch of different processes can take place.

I have posted on how I beleive how transmutation actually works based on the modification of the mass of the quarks inside the proton and neutron. This theory will explain how LENR can produce changes in isotopes. There was a time in the past when weak LENR reactions were changing the natural nickel isotopic mix to show increases in the abundance of Ni64, Ni62 and Ni61. Fusion cannot explain this type of reaction, but quark mass change can.

See

https://mospace.umsystem.edu/xmlui/bitstream/handle/10355/36817/SimulationNuclearTransmutationPresentation.pdf?sequence=2

• The LION cannon is a case were an EVO has produced a magnetic flux tube that has penetrated a surface and formed a arc in which the arc projected from a entrance hole called the cannon and exited the surface through an exit hole. This behavior is common in most LENR reactors.

But this case was very special and revealing. When the EVO died, it had a quantity of matter inside the curve of the circular tube that it was transporting for processing. When the EVO ended, the material dropped from the tube and landed between the entrance and exit holes. The matter looks like toothpaste being pushed through the tube. In this video, you will see that plasticized squiggled matter on the surface between the entrance and exit holes that the vortex tube punched through the surface.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't care if it is digital. How much bandwidth of a blackbody does an IR camera actually use?

• I don't care if it is digital. How much bandwidth of a blackbody does an IR camera actually use?

The camera uses enough light to construct an image. Yes, the amount of light is very small but the camera has electronics to amplify the light so that an image can be formed from the weak light source. The point is simply that even a body produces light from its temperature.

• The camera uses enough light to construct an image. Yes, the amount of light is very small but the camera has electronics to amplify the light so that an image can be formed from the weak light source. The point is simply that even a body produces light from its temperature.

The IR camera only uses a certain part of the spectrum. It is not simply “enough light”. It must be the right kind of light.

The James Webb Space Telescope is an IR camera.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.youtube.com

Regarding laser irradiation of palladium as shown in the video above.

This experiment shows that the LENR reaction is based on nano-optics and nanoplasmonics. This type of experiment disproves the assumption that the LENR reaction is based on fusion. The lasers are producing Bose condensation of polaritons on the surface of the palladium. Polariton condensation is the Active agent in the LENR reaction. Piantelli's experiments has shown, any transition metal will produce similar results as palladium. The LENR effect can be amplified by distressing the surface of the metal with micro sized pits and spikes. This distressed surface is a standard method of amplifying polariton condensation in metal. The use of hydrogen to cover the surface of the metal as an insulator will amplify the production of polariton condensation. One way to produce this distressed surface is by using high voltage spark discharge onto the surface of the metal.

See

https://www.pnas.org/doi/pdf/10.1073/pnas.1401988111

Coupled counterrotating polariton condensates in optically defined annular potentials

• My current thinking in regards to producing coherent matter or Bose Einstein Condensates in LENR systems is that you need to provide the environment, the ingredients, and the input energy. In the worst analogy ever in the history of mankind, this could be akin to baking a cake.

The environment in a CF/LENR system would be structures that induce resonance conditions and/or electron bunching effects: microcavities of perhaps particular sizes for different types of EM stimulation, surface protrusions, cracks, pits, spikes, etc. Baking a cake, this would be the oven.

The ingredients being the hydrogen isotopes. To facilitate getting them into the environment, a wide range of processes can be performed on the nickel or palladium or other alloy of metal. Baking a cake, this would be the sugar, flour, etc.

The energy would be either heat and/or other forms of stimulation.

The final result is the EVO or BEC that extracts energy from the vacuum or allows for transmutations.

• LENR has many faces but the one that the army is experimenting with deals with the production of polaritons.

When an electromagnetic wave in the infrared or visible frequency travels at interface the “metal-air or dielectric” along the surface, The part of the wave that travels in the surface of the metal changes the density of the electrons and moves the charge is called the surface plasmon and The part that travels in the air or dielectric is called polariton .

The gas (say hydrogen) provides a dielectric that serves to insulate the surface of the metal so that an optical cavity is formed. The formation of an optical cavity enables the plasmon and the photon to mix. Some gases make better insulators than others. The Army seems to has success with air. The laser provides the photons that mix with the plasmon so that when the energy of the photon and the surface plasmon (an electron and its associated ion) reach the same energy level, a superposition of these two particles are created. This energy equalization process is what you refer to as resonance, and the superposition of these two particles is the quasiparticle called the polariton.

The polariton can take on the character of a particle and can move away from its location of creation. But in order to persist, this type of polariton must be continually pumped with energy to compensate for the loss of energy through dispersion. Over time a Bose condensate of polaritons will form enabled by the coherence of the laser light and on the singular nature of the energy of the photons that it supplies to the optical cavity. It is doubtful that plain light will produce polariton condensation.

The Army experiment shows that transmutation is not produced by fusion. Transmutation is caused by cutting edge vacuum based science centered on the Higgs field that is hard to understand and accept.

Here is another better explanation of what a polariton is.

What on earth is a polariton? - Mapping Ignorance
    When I first started writing about condensed matter science I found some difficulties with a few purely physical concepts, being myself a chemist by education.…
    mappingignorance.org

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.