ARPA-E looking for "Teaming Partners" UPDATE

• Teaming Partners (energy.gov)

The "Team Partners" list has some new entrants, with a total now of 39. Interesting in that 3 of them are Chinese groups. We are not suited to discuss the geopolitical implications of science funding and partnerships, so I will not go there. I do see also that, along with Alan S., we have another LF Staffer throwing his hat in the ring:

Universidad de Tarapacá - Departamento de QuímicaCamilo UrbinaAcademicOther Energy TechnologiesSmall research team with skills and capabilities for Chemical analysis in aqueous solutions. As a Team partner for the LENR FOA, our Research is focused in potentially Ultrasound LENRs induced, applied to treatment of aqueous solutions for environmental impact reduction of natura or anthropogenic contamination.
  • Teaming Partners (energy.gov)

The "Team Partners" list has some new entrants, with a total now of 39. Interesting in that 3 of them are Chinese groups. We are not suited to discuss the geopolitical implications of science funding and partnerships, so I will not go there. I do see also that, along with Alan S., we have another LF Staffer throwing his hat in the ring:

Universidad de Tarapacá - Departamento de QuímicaCamilo UrbinaAcademicOther Energy TechnologiesSmall research team with skills and capabilities for Chemical analysis in aqueous solutions. As a Team partner for the LENR FOA, our Research is focused in potentially Ultrasound LENRs induced, applied to treatment of aqueous solutions for environmental impact reduction of natura or anthropogenic contamination.

Thanks, I sent the request and had not checked, good to know that got listed there now.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• What about ITER in Europe?

under the "Broader Approach" :)

Open Call for Fusion Technology Transfer Demonstrator Proposals – F4E Technology Transfer Marketplace

BROADER APPROACH

perhaps 35000 will match the salaries of the Evaluation Panel?

"

1.Information about the Call
    A proposal for a Technology Transfer Demonstrator project (Demonstrator Proposal)
    shall present a workplan showing how the candidate intends to tackle the challenges
    of further using a technology, know-how, or skill developed within the fusion field under
    F4E activities to non-fusion applications, where there is a strong commercial or societal
    benefit and there is a clear technical risk that can be eliminated.

The Demonstrator Proposal may refer to the development and testing of new hardware, manufacturing
    processes, software, technical solutions related to an F4E project (the ITER project
    and the Broader Approach project) and with the objective of being effectively used
    outside the fusion field.

Priority is given to projects where there is a clear non-fusion commercial application
    with a customer group with defined needs, and for whom the demonstrator may be
    used to gain commercial traction. The amount of funding available for the technology
    transfer demonstrator project means that it must be efficiently managed with a clear
    definition of the technical risk to be tackled. NOTE: “Technology transfer”
    encompasses the further use of a fusion technology (know-how, manufacturing
    processes, methodologies, software, systems, etc.) for which a non-fusion application
    is proposed.
    The application period runs between 5th of October 2022 and 17th of February 2023.

The Evaluation Panel of the call for proposals will select one project

to be funded with 35.000 EURO

• For that money and with those goals, we could teach people how to use the powerful electromagnets of a Tokamak reactor to bend steel bars in funny ways to make souvenirs for people to raise awareness of “how important Fusion Research is”.

If they start joking, they enable us to follow joking.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Why the DOE is Funding “Cold Fusion”

https://medium.com/predict/why…-cold-fusion-c9fcb36439c0

Good find teppo . The author seems well informed about all things LENR. First I recall hearing about:

Ronald Richter who announced controlled fusion results in Argentina in 1951. The scientific community concluded he was a fraud because he refused to allow outsiders to examine his reactor but it’s interesting to note that his announcement sparked US fusion research and according to his description resembles what we would now call “cold fusion.” He even was suspected of using lithium hydride which has a metal lattice. Among the many different approaches discussed at the conference was lattice confinement fusion which NASA announced in 2020 they demonstrated in two peer-reviewed papers using “deuterated” erbium as part of an effort to seek a new energy source for deep-space exploration missions. Perhaps Richter wasn’t a fraud after all and fell into the same LENR trap as many others. Cornelis Jan Baaker visited Richter to inspect the fusion claims and there is a CIA document titled ‘Meetings of Cornelis Jan Baaker and Ronald Richter in Argentina’ but it’s difficult to make sense of it.

and this guy:

"Another researcher this author has covered that appears to be entirely or largely unknown to the LENR community is a Los Alamos National Labs (LANL) nuclear physicist named Pharis Williams. Williams was of the highest rank of classification for handling nuclear material and existed largely outside of academia as well as LENR research. However, he authored many technical papers for LANL, the Navy, and at least one for the Air Force Space Technology Center. He was allowed to spend half his time at LANL to work on his own unified field theory and published it in 1988. Surprisingly, in it he predicts that fusion of hydrogen into helium by lowering the Coulomb barrier is possible which is precisely what many in the LENR field report. Williams also proposed this could be done using “the crystal lattice of a metal under a high magnetic field that locks up [the hydrogen] spin axis in the correct orientation.” He even patented this design in 2013 shortly before his death. This author also uncovers how he is on camera twice claiming that this research was being funded by silent investors and in a 2017 self published book by Colonel John Alexander, Alexander claims that Robert Bigelow of Bigelow Aerospace funded Williams’ research. It’s worth pointing out that there is little evidence indicating anyone in the LENR community is looking into using magnetic fields to enhance their Helium products. If Williams’ theory is correct they should, especially if using lattice confinement approaches, be able to put a regular commercial magnet next to the material and see an increase in helium fusion products."

• It’s worth pointing out that there is little evidence indicating anyone in the LENR community is looking into using magnetic fields to enhance their Helium products. If Williams’ theory is correct they should, especially if using lattice confinement approaches, be able to put a regular commercial magnet next to the material and see an increase in helium fusion products."

Oh yes they did, well I did manage to persuade Russ to try it and it worked.-

• Dutch Cooperation?

The visit of the Dutch nuclear physicist, Prof. C. J.

Bakker, to Argentina last year was mistakenly attributed

to a desire to have him observe the Richter achievements.

Although he visited the Heumul laboratories, he has never

publicly commented on them.

The principal reason for Bakker’s visit, however, and

one never made public, was that Holland was planning

to sell nuclear equipment to Argentina. This plan may

still go through, and it will more than likely be for the

reputable Buenos Aires laboratories and not for the

Richter establishment in Heumul.

Richter’s project, in which he claimed to have developed

a thermonuclear reaction, is practically entirely discounted

by recognized Argentine physicists. They say that, if

anything, he is using the Cockcroft process, first described

in 1932, which uses protons on lithium targets, with the

lithium converted into helium plus energy. Richter has

said he is using an Argentine material, and Argentina is a

producer of lithium.

• That entire episode is shrowded in intrigue and deceit. Richter was hired by Peron at the behest of a German advisor who was an aeronautic engineer and involved in the development of the German jet fighter (and later in the first Argentinian Jet), that knew Richter since they worked together for the Fuhrer. Richter was a very paranoic man and never really let anyone else know what he was doing exactly. The huge expense of the project and the heavy water plant he asked and Peron paid for, along with his impossible to work with personality, ultimately made him fall from grace with Peron and he was "let go", and later Peron himself fell from grace with the Argentinians because they stopped believing his vision of Argentina as a developped and technological power. Richter died in the late 1980s and was considered a crazy reclusive person by most people that met him on those final years.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.