George Egely's Magic Wand

• This thread is to contain discussions about George Egely's newly announced energy amplification device that apparently uses plasma discharges containing condensed plasmoids (aka EVOs?) to produce multiple kilowatts of electricity directly, without appreciable thermalization or optical conversion as an intermediate step.

• I have met George a few times at conferences, he always struck me as being a very focused and respectable scientist. If it were not for that fact and also J-P Biberian's site visit and (I pick my words carefully) optimism about the invention I would be extremely skeptical. GAIA on the other hand I am not so sure about. I have dealt with them a decade or so back and found them to be at that time rather lacking in skills beyond enthusiasm. I hope they are better now.

• (comments copied from EVO thread:)

This new device sounds far too good to be true, on initial review. I would likely not pay much attention to these claims if they weren't coming from a person with as much credibility in this field as George Egely has earned. I've met him several times, and read many of his articles and papers. He has always come across as quite earnest, thoughtful, insightful and sincere to me. Jean-Paul Biberian's qualified initial positive assessment was mentioned to me by David Nagel shortly before Egely's presentation, which prompted me to pay particular attention to it despite the incredible claims being made. I'm still agog at the thought of kilowatts of direct electricity being generated without appreciable heat in a handheld device such as he was holding. I sure hope he manages to develop this, and does not get delayed or stranded by IP considerations in the process. I also hope he figures out how to share meaningful details about measured system performance capabilities.in the near future.

• When Biberian got up to give his LEC presentation he said some good things about Egely being a serious scientist. George made some bold predictions about his devices output, and getting it to market. Hopefully he keeps us informed on progress towards those ends. Too often we are told something similar and that's the last we hear of it.

• Вов, ты чего кбираешь мои конкреции, он не туда попал.

Нефть - это кровь планеты, надо сделать модель планеты и мы получим генератор Тарасенко, эта энергия покорит вселенную! :lenr:

• Открой Гугл и переведи, я на телефоне в Киргизии, так что извини

Нефть - это кровь планеты, надо сделать модель планеты и мы получим генератор Тарасенко, эта энергия покорит вселенную! :lenr:

• I spoke with Jean-Paul Biberian at lunch today about his observations of this device. He said he was able to observe it producing over unity electricity with at least some degree of confidence, but at power levels closer to the range of watts rather than kilowatts. He estimated the prototype's COP as somewhere in a 3-10 range, with net output presently of perhaps a few tens of watts, if I interpreted his handwaving correctly. The kilowatt-class figures mentioned in the presentation sound purely aspirational thus far. I don't know how to account for the discrepancy between the claimed figures of 6KW measured versus what Jean-Paul described.

The presentation video shows Egely holding an operating prototype in his bare hands. The rendered 36KW system concept design doesn't seem to show any thermal management considerations. I wonder if they've really got a handle on how much waste heat a fully scaled, multi-kilowatt-level device would create. In reviewing the gaia website (http://www.gaiaenergynz.com/) for the first time this evening, I'm really struck by how poorly their clearly-overstated claims reflect on this project. I hope they get their feet on the ground and start describing what they actually have so far much more carefully. Even at a modest output, this apparatus looks to have good potential. There is no need for a shady sales pitch like this.

• I was very impressed by the presentation of Dr. Egely. It was very detailed and clearly highlighted a really deep study of the matter (from an historical and documental point of view). A number of inventor in the past made independently similar claims: it is possible that they observed the same phenomenon. Clearly a replication will be needed to assess the veracity of the claims. Third party qualified observations (such as the one from J.P. Biberian) add some credibility, but in this field replication is (or should be) the real milestone or even the holy grail. By the way, since I'm an electronic engineer with some experience in high voltage, I candidate myself for a replication... ^^

• It was very detailed and clearly highlighted a really deep study of the matter (from an historical and documental point of view). A number of inventor in the past made independently similar claims: it is possible that they observed the same phenomenon.

He wrote a few articles about "Forgotten inventions of LENR". On the website Nicola Tesla is also mentioned and that the effect "...is not new...".

It could well be that he took ideas from the past and improved these, why not...!

The question is then how to protect IP, if the invention is potentially not new? I guess this is the tricky part.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• since I'm an electronic engineer with some experience in high voltage, I candidate myself for a replication...

George Egely usually turns up at the IWAHLM meetings, this year last week of September at Domus Pacis Hotel Assisi.

• Direct Electric Energy Production by Hydrogen Discharge

Very little information is still available about this project. It's author is Hungarian free energy researcher George Egely. It's based on pulsed 6 kVolt discharge in hydrogen atmosphere. Photo and scheme of apparatus, YTVideo

https://i.imgur.com/02IKURgl.gif

I'm posting here as it fits another observations and also free energy theory of mine, in particular this one based on forbidden energy transitions. When hydrogen molecules dissociate into free atomar hydrogen, its atoms are perfectly spherical, so that they cannot release energy spontaneously after excitation because of Gauss nonradiation condition. Instead of this they require some kick, i.e. activation energy from vacuum fluctuations and released energy will this comprise of both excitation energy, both activation energy, i.e. overunity. See also:

George Egely - Forgotten Inventions and effects of LENR (YouTube presentation) J. Papp's Plasma Engine, Petronov's Plasma battery or Chernetski Plasmatron (which belong in most tabooed inventions of modern era) can be also based on forbidden energy transitions of rare gas plasma composed of single atoms. BTW Brilliant Light Power reactor is also using argon. Energoniva - a water plasma transmutation technology from Russia Vallée Synergetic Generator - a simple circuit which generates beta rays and nuclear reactions

• I think the reference to forgotten inventions for this device has already been presented at ICCF21 Fort Collins, Colorado

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Reproduced from ECW - with the author's permission.

George Egely’s Condensed Plasmoid (EVO) Catalyzed Fusion Device: The Highlight of ICCF-24

by Bob Hicksdale Lakes

The field of cold fusion or LENR is far broader than most people realize. It goes far beyond the standard electrolytic or gas loading systems. No one knows this better than George Egely who has decades worth of hands-on experience with virtually every category of anomalous energy device. This year at ICCF-24 he provided a short version (although info packed) of a longer presentation that shared his latest and perhaps most significant breakthrough so far: a plasma based “catalytic fusion” device utilizing “condensed plasmoids” which he describes as the quantum mechanical catalysts of his system — allowing for nuclear fusion reactions.

For those who may not be aware, “condensed plasmoid” is one of many terms researchers have used to describe self-organized structures of electrons and positive ions that have many unique properties. They can be created in many far “out of equilibrium” or “non-linear” conditions, including a spark discharge from a sharp tip where the electric field is amplified. Most importantly, they seem to exist as coherent structures, meaning their individual constituents behave more like a singular macro-particle. This is thought to give them properties more similar to an exotic state of matter like a superconducting Bose Einstein Condensate. Without going into an extended history of these structures, which Egely explains have been discovered and forgotten (going all the way back to Nikola Tesla’s work) at least a dozen times, a few important facts should be noted before this essay continues.

– Kenneth Radford Shoulders conducted extensive experiments over a period of several years investigating these structures, which he called EVOs (Exotic Vacuum Objects).

– Although they can be created in an abrupt spark discharge, different varieties of them – of various sizes, geometric complexities, and elemental compositions – can be produced in various environments and scientific apparatuses. A short list would include liquid sono-cavitation devices (when the bubbles collapse); cases of fracto-emission (when a brittle structure fractures inducing charge separation); coherent resonant phonon oscillations in metal (Ni, Pd, Cu, etc) vacancies, cracks, or defects; plasma discharges in low pressure gases (creating coherent structures around electrodes or free floating between them); RF or microwave emission into quartz resonance cavities (providing the benefit of utilizing higher pressures); and in nature as the phenomenon referred to as ball lightning.

– They are meta-stable structures that exist due to the constant intake of energy and matter from their environment. At both the small scale and large scale they feed off not only electromagnetic radiation and thermal energy, but also electrons. This is one of their primary inputs and a means of controlling their development. Micron scale and several centimeter scale structures can be induced into an “excited state” (or “white state” as Ken Shoulders described it). in which they emit more energy than is provided by the input source and are highly interactive with matter — inducing nuclear reactions, transmutations, isotopic shifts, and even more exotic effects that are beyond the scope of this essay.

George Egely’s system has many similarities with those of others he has investigated in the past, including Nikola Tesla, Thomas Henry Moray, Paulo and Alexandria Correa, and Alexander Chernetsky. In addition, he has utilized knowledge from a plethora of older scientific papers and patents in which similar anomalies, including transmutations, were observed. In simplest terms, his device consists of tubular stainless steel (unspecified alloy) electrodes that are fed high voltage electricity that induces electrical discharges in the small (millimeters) gap between them. In several short videos during his ICCF24 presentation, he shows a multitude of tiny blue and purple discharges (the color changes between video segments) in a mixed hydrogen and deuterium atmosphere of unspecified pressure. Instead of precisely tuning and controlling each discharge, dozens can be seen during each frame of his videos. These discharges containing EVOs seem to emerge from the roughened end of a tubular cathode, sometimes create stationary ball shaped plasma formations, and other times leap off (creating plasma channels) to strike the anode. He describes each of these discharges as being catalytic fusion events, triggered by a condensed plasmoid (EVO). Energy released from each fusion event is collected by the anode and goes to the output portion of his device to be measured and/or power various loads.

In the ICCF24 presentation, the entire circuit diagram is visible on the white board behind him, and there are close up examinations of two different versions of his device: a handheld unit powering a neon bulb rated at four watts, and a desktop experimental test rig. He describes the circuit diagram as having three main parts: the input where the three AA batteries feed a relaxation oscillator that charges a capacitor (it’s a bit more complicated than this with a high voltage transformer, inductive choke, and other components), the hydrogen-deuterium reactor itself in the middle, and the output which can be fed into resistors, a second plasma tube, or other loads. One method by which they measure the output is to allow the directly generated electricity to flow through a small resistor which rests in an oil filled glass calorimeter whose temperature can be monitored. Since they have calibrated the calorimeter with a direct current power supply, they claim their output measurements are precise.

Without providing their exact calculations, Egely states that the output can be 200% plus or minus 50% of the input when the load is an ohmic resistance. However, he claims this figure can go up to 500% when the load has a matched impedance and even 1000% percent when the load consists of both a matched impedance and a neon tube. How exactly he calculates these outputs is unclear, and he doesn’t provide absolute values from experiments. It’s refreshing, however, that he does show the input and output waveforms on an oscilloscope screen while explaining the different lines and the values involved. Seemingly absolutely confident that his system is producing significant net excess energy, he provides a few conjectures about power to weight ratios and projected system costs. They are world-changing if accurate, even allowing for the possibility of the technology powering electric aircraft.

He drops in various other details throughout the presentation. At least twice he mentions how scaled up systems would be capable of producing high levels of direct electricity without significant heat production. Each individual discharge is also stated to be in the mega-watt range over an extremely brief time period of nanoseconds. He also explains how one unwanted side effect that has been observed (he showed pictures) is the production of the transmutation product carbon on the surface of the stainless-steel cathode when the current is allowed to go beyond a certain threshold value. These discharges also originate from certain locations on the cathode while discharges never take place at other sites. He describes the Leopard Spot like surface patterns on the cathode as well as showing the carbon deposits. Perhaps one of his most interesting revelations is that helium is produced in his system along with possibly neon.

After watching his presentation twice, it’s clear that it’s short on experimental test data and hard evidence of his claims. Nowhere near enough evidence is given to prove any of them. Yet two truths should make everyone pay attention and seek more information about his new system. First, George Egely is a well-respected researcher who has been many places, built/tested a wide variety of systems, collaborated with many parties over the years, and has an absolutely brilliant mind. Anyone who doubts this should read his articles published in Infinite Energy Magazine! He wouldn’t be making claims like those in his presentation unless he was certain his system worked. Secondly, his apparatus and the results he has obtained matches well with what we know about the long history of systems that generated self-organized structures in out of equilibrium conditions. He hasn’t come up with this device completely on his own: he is standing on the shoulders of giants. The anomalies he’s producing have been seen many times before. They haven’t appeared out of nowhere. Instead, they’ve been seen in the past and are currently being witnessed in modern systems: both on the smallest of scales and in larger ball lightning generators.

Despite how important — if validated — his device could be even in its current state of development, I suspect it’s far from optimized. Here are a few of my lines of thinking on this issue:

1) Plain hydrogen or even a mixture of hydrogen and deuterium is not optimal for the formation of condensed plasmoids (Exotic Vacuum Objects). It’s well known that both in Kenneth Shoulder’s experiments and modern systems that produce larger scale self-organized plasmas that the addition of other gases — especially “noble” and heavy ones such as argon, krypton, xenon, etc — to the gaseous environment is extremely beneficial. Because of the color of his plasma, I suspect he may already be testing various gas combinations: perhaps with certain percentages of N2 (nitrogen which SAFIRE utilizes) in addition to noble gases.

2) Certain additive gases other than the ones mentioned above can either extract or sequester electrons from the plasma (hindering EVO development) or make them more available (enhancing development).

[Bob Greenyer of the Martin Fleischman Memorial Project has discussed this and many other related issues on his YouTube channel. He deserves a great deal of credit for helping enlighten the LENR community to the EVO phenomenon over the past several years.]

3) Pre-ionizing the gaseous environment (which has been done by many inventors and experimenters in the past) can dramatically aid EVO formation. This can be accomplished with the application of radio or microwaves to the environment, ultra-violent light, the addition of ionizing materials, or other methods.

4) Instead of haphazardly producing dozens of simultaneous plasma discharges that cannot each be fine tuned and optimized, he could generate a single, much larger EVO at a time, it’s growth and development more precisely controlled. Perhaps, for example, he could generate the self-organized plasma in a hollow cathode combined with a method of pre-ionization, allow it to grow, and then slam it against the anode.

5) Instead of producing transient EVOs that only exist for micro-seconds or less, he could produce a setup with a free floating, continually existing self organized plasma. This way less damage (unwanted transmutations that contaminate emitter sites) would be induced while energy would still be generated in a multitude of forms.

6) Many cold fusion-based systems emit what has been called, “strange radiation”, which is thought to be self organized coherent plasma structures in a vary unexcited or “dark” state which is only minimally interactive with matter. However, these structures, with a more neutral charge, seem to induce reactions with certain elements having a large “thermal neutron cross section.” Three examples are lithium, boron, and gadolinium, among several others. Including element(s) with such cross sections in the stainless-steel alloy that composes the electrodes could potentially increase the output.

7) Although heat production is not the goal of his device, higher temperatures can aid ionization and help drive the formation of self-organized structures. The SAFIRE Project, for example, in one of their older videos, have shown data indicating that in addition to pressure and electrical current, temperature is a significant factor involved in their system.

George Egely’s latest system is yet another marvelous example of how plasma based cold fusion reactors have a myraid of benefits, one being the direct production of significant electrical output. With a rare combination of vast experience and knowledge in multiple subject areas, he has moved past classical electrolytic or gas loading LENR systems to build a plasma based fusion device. In the process, he is showing the world a path forward that bypasses the endless material science-based challenges of classical systems. But, most importantly, he is showing off the potential of nature’s most elegant self-organized machine, the Condensed Plasmoid or Exotic Vacuum Object.

Beyond the initiation of novel nuclear reactions, they hold the key to a future beyond our imagination, where every aspect of our reality is engineerable.

• To be back to this plasmoid business with a simple view ( too simple ?) .

If we consider negative charges accelerated inside the positive other charges, we could see that like below.

However difficult in a simple plasma to "compress" at the same place both positives and negatives charges ( they will repel each other).

That should implies we can't do that by a plasma because mobile positive charges will move in opposite direction.

At least the positive charges must be fixed.

So we should probably only consider that inside a wire for example, or a solid condensed matter.

Now if positives charges will remain "static" by different ways we will be able to accelerate the negative charges by all means known.

Now if these negative charges will become relativistics by a very strong acceleration (they will "compress" between themselves) as i represented that inside the black circles, these negative charges will be more closer to each other ( and also from the positives) appearing as a negative cluster.

• No one knows this better than George Egely who has decades worth of hands-on experience with virtually every category of anomalous energy device.

To give some indication of how many decades, I’d just like to mention that I had some brief correspondence with George, back in the mid 1980s - while he lived in Hungary. It seemed we had a mutual interest in ball lightning, and I was put in contact with him via one of the researchers at TORRO ( https://www.torro.org.uk ) who was based near me.

George very kindly sent me a printed volume of collected reports of sporadic ball lightning that he had researched and compiled himself. Even back then he had some inkling about possible nuclear effects associated with the phenomenon.

Interestingly, many of the papers I had been digging out at around that time contained suggestions of possible sub-atomic activity connected to terrestrial lightning - but proof was not available until much later (at least for gamma & positrons), and the possible appearance of neutrons is still a subject of some research.

His "wand" is intriguing - although I would have preferred to see a properly instrumented test rig.

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

• If you have had a chance to watch Egely's video's presentation, you would have seen the research of Ken Shoulders referenced. You would have also seen the term polariton referenced. I beleive that Egely's invention is based on that technology.

• Well,

my scope isn't only the web.

For example 10 years ago i helped to fix on Biberian's garden a wood house what became his laboratory.

I have seen the dusty plasma replication he done after have visiting Egely.

At this time i worked a while for Arcelor Mittal that allowed me to find to him coke which we reduced as dust to improve the Egely's system.

I should have the pictures somewhere.

If you have had a chance to watch Egely's video's presentation, you would have seen the research of Ken Shoulders referenced. You would have also seen the term polariton referenced. I beleive that Egely's invention is based on that technology.

Re: This year at ICCF-24 he provided a short version (although info packed) of a longer presentation that shared his latest and perhaps most significant breakthrough so far: a plasma based “catalytic fusion” device utilizing “condensed plasmoids” which he describes as the quantum mechanical catalysts of his system — allowing for nuclear fusion reactions.

Yes, Egely states that his system is based on nuclear fusion reactions. But this assumption is not supported by any experimental data. There is no neutrons produced or gamma rays at the energies' associated with the claimed fusion reaction. There is no compression of hydrogen inside a lattice. What produces the energy seen after the initiation of the spark in not known. In fact, energy is generated continuously for 3 microseconds after a 2 microsecond spark production cycle. Has there ever been any observation of a constant and continuous production of energy from a fusion reaction? The Egely spark process onto metal is more like the Army's laser irradiation of palladium experiment that produces transmutation. In fact, the Egely system does not produce transmutation unless the spark is overpowered.

Furthermore, Ken Shoulders never stated the the EVO produces fusion. One reason that this subject is so obscure and confounding is the fact that it is based on unsupported and invalid assumptions. This field is so confused and bereft of any logic that it is no wonder that it has wallowed in failure for so many years.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.