INFINITE ENERGY MAGAZINE 161 - The Ed Storms Interview.

• Dr. Edmund Storms, was presented with the Minoru Toyoda Gold Medal at ICCF24 in Mountain View, California (July 25-28, 2022), is one of the most prolific experimenters, theorists and writers in the history of cold fusion. Storms has a Ph.D. in radiochemistry, and spent 30 years at Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) before his life changed to a path less traveled in March 1989.

The interview that follows ensued as a result of discussions on the CMNS Forum and other online back and forth. Ed Storms, Michael McKubre, Larry Forsley and I realized that to have a concentrated, in one place discussion on particular pointsrelating to Ed Storms’ theoretical work might help expand and clarify some questions. What follows is a further explanation of Ed Storms book The Explanation of Low Energy Nuclear Reaction.

https://www.infinite-energy.com/iemagazine/issue161/MacyStormsIE161.pdf

• In the interview Ed says " The nuclear active environment is an environment

that causes or allows atoms to come together in such a way
    as to allow nuclear interaction. How the atoms go about
    doing this requires more detail. The environment allows the
    atoms to come together with a relationship to one another
    that would allow fusion to take place by some mysterious
    mechanism. The kind of environment that would allow
    atoms to come together is determined by the chemical
    nature of the material, because this happens in a chemical
    structure. Therefore, the rules that apply to a chemical structure must apply. These atoms don’t come together with the
    anticipation of fusing. They’re in a chemical environment
    doing whatever the chemical environment requires them to
    do. Chemists study and understand the nature of such an
    environment and the rules that apply. I’m trying to apply
    those rules to what’s happening."

I think this is a superficial account of some very deep thinking.

• The LENRs postulate for 1989 remains the chemistry involvement.

This reminds me of the aviation beginnings where the postulate was the 2 parallel wings (biplane) then we realized that it was the total thickness of its 2 wings/plans that was the most important.

We therefore evolved towards simple but thicker wings.

• Infinite Energy is always a good read. #161 contains a lot of cold fusion stories - some of which may be available free online soon.

Virtual subscriptions are not expensive btw. The cover painting on this one is by another cold fusion (bubble fusion) guy, Roger Stringham.

• First I would like to ask a question. Does anyone have a more detailed explanation of Storms new method both with palladium and nickel? I read somewhere his method for nickel activation is different than with palladium.

Now, I would like to try to express what I think might be going on in the cracks.

"The cracks in the lattice allow for a resonant zone in which the oscillations of electrons can be enhanced to an amplitude that allows for them to lose a certain degree of individuality as their waveforms overlap. Any atomic hydrogen or deuterium present in this region will be surrounded by not individual electrons but a sea that is more like a macro-electron. In this environment conditions exist which allow for not only classical electron screening but also other processes that are yet to be fully understood. The result is energy production. If the coherent self organized structure in one of these NAE grows larger, a "hot spot" can form that can be visible as damage on the fuel after the experiment."

• THE BIOSEARCH REPORT.

Infinite Energy Magazine gave copies of this report into the direct production of electricity from LENR away to all readers awhile back. The report is now availiable as a pdf from the store. An interesting read, their work is in synchrony with that of fabrice DAVID . Sadly the group has folded due to the sad death of its principal funder, Charlie Entenmann.. This is of particular interest to those who are interested in its cousin, the LEC.

From the Introduction: "Can BioSearch harness the energy from the electrons of energy states to directly create electricity as they are separated from their proton as hydrogen or deuterium gas is absorbed into a palladium lattice? BioSearch has run thousands of cells. The discussion presented herein are only the highlights of the findings."

https://www.infinite-energy.co…&cPath=12&products_id=593

2021, 26 pages

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.