ICCF 24 Special Survey for LENR-Forum Members and Readers

• Alan Smith has been sent the link for the special LENR-Forum readers and members ICCF-24 Survey.

This survey is meant for any of our members who have watched at least some of the presentations and followed the related discussions on the forum. Please do respond and show Anthropcene Institute we are serious about the science as well as them.

You can proceed to respond to the survey in the following link.

Form

Thanks for helping us getting a better sense of how the public and the LENR-Forum members and readers perceived this important event.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Please keep the thread for comments about the survey and the public perception of the ICCF 24, all off topic posts will be moved either to a more appropiate thread or to clearance.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Done.

One thing that there wasn't space for in the form:

I don't know how others feel, but I was a bit perplexed by the need to rebrand to S-SAFE.

They make a distinction in suggesting that S-SAFE is an umbrella term that includes LENR, but it struck me as a perhaps disorienting convolution.

• orsova - the rebranding to S-SAFE is a marketing/acceptance thing. It happened before, when 'cold fusion' (a term I prefer) became LENR or for Mitch Swartz LANR (lattice assisted etc)

It's too early to see if the term will stick, or which groups might adopt it, but if it helps get grants for LENR research, who cares.

• Thanks! I agree with Alan Smith that the rebranding is just a marketing and acceptance ploy, and so be it if it helps bringing people and resources involved into LENR.

Japanese have been using Anomalous Heat for a good while and now are shifting to Quantum Hydrogen Energy, NASA used the Lattice confinement fusion term.

I also think the S-SAFE was used to include LENR in a wider context as part of Nuclear Energy, to make possible for the Anthropocene Institute to get behind LENR as a normal thing in their scope, as in their open push for Net Zero traditional nuclear energy is also a big part of the portfolio.

• Ditto done.

The names popular at the ICCF24 also included Metal Hydrogen Energy, the term used by Japanese researchers for a few years now. I heard that one a lot. Also, "solid state energy" is what organizers focused on in the title of the meeting. I heard "nano-nuclear". There are a lot of new ones.

I believe it is because presenters want to make a name that is easily digested by people who are totally against nuclear power like environmentalists, silicon valley people, etc. They also want to separate from "cold fusion" , which Scott Hsu doesn't like.

• Ditto done.

The names popular at the ICCF24 also included Metal Hydrogen Energy, the term used by Japanese researchers for a few years now. I heard that one a lot. Also, "solid state energy" is what organizers focused on in the title of the meeting. I heard "nano-nuclear". There are a lot of new ones.

I believe it is because presenters want to make a name that is easily digested by people who are totally against nuclear power like environmentalists, silicon valley people, etc. They also want to separate from "cold fusion" , which Scott Hsu doesn't like.

Listen Ruby, you write me a letter, what they think about my research....

Пропан M2U00642
    Пропаном идет стрельба на статоре...
    www.youtube.com

Пропан VID 20220912 163613
    Пропан
    www.youtube.com

There was more propane, it can pump methane...

Нефть - это кровь планеты, надо сделать модель планеты и мы получим генератор Тарасенко, эта энергия покорит вселенную! :lenr:

• I hope many of our members and readers have completed the survey by now, bumping the thread up in case some have not seen it yet.

• OK, now, almost November 2022, 3 months later from last ICCF, things became colder, what can we say about all promises announced, expected this last summer ?

ARPA-E teams, updates ?

Xprize ? update available about potential organization ?

Other US teams ?

• I think it is difficult to define "rules & regulations" for the Xprice.

On one side the goals should be challenging, yet not impossible to reach.

Additionally it will have quite a few "political" implications, not only for the scientific community.

Owning huge oil or gas reserves will suddenly have no meaning anymore.

• In fact, i wanted the Shane D. reply , probably the more informated of our US citizens :)

• We are trying to do our best to make sure ICCF24 is not forgotten (become cold as you say). In order to do that we have lined up an interview with an Italian team in a few weeks that virtually participated at the conference. That interview should be polished up and put out to the public in December. Then last week we put out the Bannister/Rothwell interview.

In addition, I have also been trying to book 1 other individual who gave a presentation, and one of the program leaders for one of the larger teams, hopefully to be interviewed in Jan/Feb. So far though, I have not had much luck with them, but will keep trying.

We can't do everything though, so if any of the ICCF presenters reading this want to be interviewed to talk more about their work, then contact one of us. We can arrange something. Alan and Ruby have really formed into great hosts. They, along with David, can make anyone feel at ease in front of the camera.

And let us not forget that we here on the forum have been talking a lot about the conference. Not much in the last 2 weeks maybe, but we carried the story for 3 solid months. Those interviews will hopefully extend the conversation and at least keep it lukewarm. Before LF became so popular, these events went cold almost as soon as the last presentation ended, so not bad.

As to updates about X-Prize and the ARPA-E teams...well, the staff has not heard anything. I guess we could start asking around to find out, but we all have our hands full with other things right now. So maybe some of our members could help us out?

• Well, i only asked for an update by curiousity if available as the forum was temporaly "lazy" :)

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.