Buying nickel carbonate

• I live in Finland, and just tried to buy nickel carbonate from Finnish chemistry/laboratory stuff seller, who refused, because they suspect that i do not have proper laboratory and a person that is hired as "chemical security expert". So does this apply to all Europe? Which country do you recommend where i should move to be able to buy simple chemicals like that? Any recommendations where to buy that stuff from the net?

• I live in Finland, and just tried to buy nickel carbonate from Finnish chemistry/laboratory stuff seller, who refused, because they suspect that i do not have proper laboratory and a person that is hired as "chemical security expert". So does this apply to all Europe? Which country do you recommend where i should move to be able to buy simple chemicals like that? Any recommendations where to buy that stuff from the net?

Nickel carbonate is kinda safe, and the guys are douchebags. I recommend Russia. You can get absolutely anything here for cheap.

I am not sure about nickel carbonate in particular, but a local pottery guild or supplier can get a surprising variety of unusual compounds in bulk.

• Yes, I made order from one pottery firm, only problem with them is that there is no spec about purity, it is just "nickel carbonate".

Since Nickel Carbonate is almost completely insoluble in water at any temperature, you could try 'hot washing' it a couple of times for at least 1 hour in plenty of hot distilled water (say 80C) with continuous stirring. This would remove most common impurities.

But maybe you should take note of the hazchem sheet for this chemical. It can bite.

ICSC 0927 - NICKEL CARBONATE

• Well got the nickel carbonate, it was fine green powder, and tried mixing with some vinegar, it takes a few hours while co2 bubbles off, and then you get clear green liquid that is nickel acetate, and that can be used to nickel coat.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.