Full NASA Seedling Seminar - LENR Aircraft is online

• Official Post

Did you read the same book?

maybe, but at least Mats gives his position today:
    http://matslew.wordpress.com/2…d-the-e-cat/#comment-2313

And no, I don’t believe that this is a farce.

But the main point is that several tests have been done after this one, just because of one thing: It was a sufficient indication that something interesting could be going on, and it was therefore worth continuing to investigate. And the eventually, in Levi-Essén et al report, a quite well performed measurement was done, indicating anomalous heat. Hopefully the doubts that were expressed regarding that report, mainly concerning the electrical measurement, will be addressed in the report that is being prepared now by those who have supposedly done a new independent test in a neutral location.

Mats have a nice way reminding to Cimpy and Mary that they are wrong... He is professional, lie Charles Beaudette is in his book.
    reminding the facts, staying cool about the word...

I feel free to feel horrified, but Neither Mats nor Charles Beaudette play with our emotions.

• Official Post

Mats seems to rather propose evidence and reasoning and let the reader conclude.
    There is numerous reports showing that fraud is impossible or improbable, and some explanation of the real structure of critics.

When he says that even the failed demo are so badly done that it cannot be a scam, he mix critics with evidence of reality...
    Maybe is he simply a skeptic in the real sense, as he present evidence of all side, analyse and more than analyzing, reports various actors analysis...

Mats is not tender for Rossi, not about fraud, but about loose job, lies and impulsive decisions, yet he explains that it can be expected for innovators.

• Official Post

I just propose the readers read the book to check.

As I said Mats propose arguments, witnessing, reasoning... and you have to conclude his opinion from the way he present the things.
    note also that as said in previous message, he rule-out the case of total fraud, while at the same time challenging Rossi's claims, and the reliability of the device...

Skeptics mostly don't care on Rossi device, they just want Cold Fusion not to be real.
    on that point it is hopeless.

now as engineer, Rossi can be criticized, and as businessman too.
    Not a surprise.

• Official Post

one of the final paragraphs

Over all, that body of evidence supports the strong argument that cold fusion or LENR actually exists. Given its potential as a new, clean, flexible and inexhaustible energy source, I cannot see any sensible arguments to halt research in this field. On the contrary, significant resources should be invested in discovering everything there is to learn about the phenomenon and to examine every possibility. Yet public awareness of what might be happening remains minimal, partly due to opposition to the idea of cold fusion and but also because of the distrust of Rossi.
    Rossi’s openness to criticism makes it easy for critics to attack him. But to decide in advance that his process is impossible seems unwise. The Swedish-Italian report shows credibly that it produces energy. No one argues that it’s some form of perpetuum mobile that conjures up energy from nothing; its energy is bound in matter, released by some form of nuclear reaction (see appendix).

tallking of the test and pomp&ericsson...(more nasty in the book)

Eventually the debate silenced and again I had been mistaken when I thought that well-conducted and rigorous measurements would increase the interest to at least discuss and investigate the phenomenon. Now I began to believe that no test, no result and no measurement, however well implemented, would have significant public impact. Only when the technology was commercially developed, if it worked and was available in retail stores, could it arouse public interest, I thought. That was more or less what Rossi had always maintained and I realized that I was now ready to prove him right.

and more similar positive opinion expressed about the previous test, often in the way "it cannot be a fraud, rationally it cannot"...

• Official Post

Are you certain Higgs have been detected by CERN...

It is clear that he write his book with the opinion that E-cat is very probably real, and he say it in very different ways, in comments about some critics.
    However you are right, he doubt a little like any skeptic doubt on anything.

question is how big is the risk. But I imagine the reader can make his opinion by reading the book.

I don't understand what is to be sure, as I know anything can be wrong in what we judge as sure, but practically there is a degree when you can take solid decision, invest money, launch projects.

There is also some kind of extreme skepticism which is not a kind of modesty, but a way to deny evidences, preventing rational decisions.

What is however clear is that Mats is convinced that Rossi is not the most rational engineer on the planet, not the best organiser for tests...

His recent articles are clear about his belief in LENR, and even E-cat reality, ruling out the consensual conspiracy theory as not serious.

• Yea they are all frauds aye? Do you think fossil fuels and other inefficient energy sources are the be all end all? Where was the formula in Franklins experiment? The right brothers? It took the world 5 years to believe flight real. And with the left propaganda machine humming in the 21st century, we are denied innovation for 25 years and counting on this one. As soon as pons and flieshman made their discovery, the world should have start funding it to figure it out. But the paycheck collectors put a stop to that funding didn't they? You will better spend your time in something you believe in. Then you begin to get borderline disrespectful to someone who actually does some work to keep we fans informed. And you want to rain on parades. Why aren't you busy creating something that will change the world? Hell you know it all. Or is it the fossil fuel you claim to hate that is really what you want to keep YOUR people in power. LENR is real to the point of people laughing at you new flat earthers. You should just sit there and do nothing and when your neighbor tells you he has one you can call him a liar and say he has got receptacles hidden. The funny thing is the quantum worshippers are way behind and when lenr hits, they will have rendered themselves obsolete along with fusion and fossil fuel. So if you can't say something productive, keep it to yourself and present an alternative. Liar liar pants on fire is old and had been used on innovation in an attempt to keep them suppressed.

• Yea they are all frauds aye?

No, I'm talking about Rossi here.

Do you think fossil fuels and other inefficient energy sources are the be all end all?

No?

Where was the formula in Franklins experiment? The right brothers? It took the world 5 years to believe flight real.

And?

And with the left

Left?

... propaganda machine humming in the 21st century, we are denied innovation for 25 years and counting on this one.

As i said, Rossi is the one att issue here.

As soon as pons and flieshman made their discovery, the world should have start funding it to figure it out.

I agree.

But the paycheck collectors put a stop to that funding didn't they?

Probably one of the reasons, yes.

You will better spend your time in something you believe in. Then you begin to get borderline disrespectful to someone who actually does some work to keep we fans informed.

Rossi hasn't yet showed that his inovation works, until then, I'll treat it as a scam.

And you want to rain on parades.

No, I propose the need for evidence. There's good science on cf/lenr, but this kind of circus doesn't promote a serious evaluation of the phenomena.

Why aren't you busy creating something that will change the world?

I'm very active promoting science on cf/lenr in my spare time, yes.

Hell you know it all. Or is it the fossil fuel you claim to hate that is really what you want to keep YOUR people in power.

This kind of foil hat rants doesn't promote serious research in the field, on the contrary.

LENR is real to the point of people laughing at you new flat earthers.

The evidence is compelling, but there's still issues of reproducibility and so on.

You should just sit there and do nothing and when your neighbor tells you he has one you can call him a liar and say he has got receptacles hidden. The funny thing is the quantum worshippers are way behind and when lenr hits, they will have rendered themselves obsolete along with fusion and fossil fuel. So if you can't say something productive, keep it to yourself and present an alternative. Liar liar pants on fire is old and had been used on innovation in an attempt to keep them suppressed.

As I said, this kind of uneducated rants is a disservice to the science of cf/lenr, and to yourself.

• Official Post

The evidence is compelling, but there's still issues of reproducibility and so on.

+1
    This is the most pessimistic, cautious, prudent, position that is rational.

There are very good reason to be more optimistic about Rossi, from latest test report, and from recent outing by S Pomp who confirmed that the test was real and was ready to face skeptic people. Linked to the fact the the test was not canceled, the report not yet published, and knowing the test was real that Rossi cannot lie without being sure to be corrected, his claim that only one of the reactor was used mean that the reactor was not destroyed early, not proposing ridiculous performance below the specifications.

I disagree with the critic about oil conspiracy, or politician conspiracy.
    For me Oil Companies, like all capitalist and corruption structure, have investigated LENR, do agree with your position, and stopped their skunkwork team to investigate, for fear of academic terrorism.
    Oil companies, like big corps will wake up soon, and do what they do well : use their capital mass, their regulatory influence, to slow and capture the market so most of the benefit get into their pocket and most be wasted , not in shareholder benefit, but in useless intermediate work as usual (bureaucracy, useless complexity and centralization that justify their existence).

As I repeat all the time, the problem is purely academic, mostly the dominance of a deified profession, who felt concerned by LENR while they were totally incompetent to judge the experiments, and not yet ready to help by their only useful competence : theory. They were so greatly influential, egotistic, illiterate in the domain, stubborn that they killed most effort of research, even by the greedy capitalist who are today too much submitted to governmental forces, to academic consensus.

Rossi have a bad profile, but it is classic for innovators. Profiling is interesting when you don't have a test report, but since 2013 the evidence are compelling...
    One can be cautious and keep some fear of unimagined tricks (all imagined tricks are ruled out, either by science, or by game theory)... I would revers the position by saying that nobody rational could eliminate the possibility that Rossi have a working reactor (an euphemism, that some don't even admit).

Many critics against Rossi are fading, letting more a serie of entrepreneur and technologist failures, rather than fraud.
    He have been cleared of environmental and fraud crimes in Petroldragon, and the judge recognized all was based on retroactive law (ruling out fraud).
    The judge that hunted him, is under accusation of corruption.
    His work about thermoelectric generators are in fact following classic direction (anisotropic structure, very expensive to design, and until now impossible to industrialize). The recent news from skeptic seems to be that the Army corp was funded by Leonatdo technology Incorporated (the corp of Rossi's boss, not Leonardo Corp of Rossi)... they paid them to test their TEG... it failed as expected, but that is the game...

When one accept that LENR is real, hard to control, but able to produce huge power and energy, there is nearly certain possibility after much work to obtain a controllable energy source.

If as ENEA have shown recently the F&P experiment lack of reliability is related to doping and crystallography parameters similar to what we observe in semiconductors, there is no doubt it can be controlled one day.
    If it is a really random phenomenon like radioactivity, there is no doubt engineers can build machine that exploit the random to produce a statistically predictable result.

Question is when... Is it Rossi ? why not. He have seen what any engineer would have found, that working without water at high temperature is better for heat to power conversion. He have also seen that when something works in a random way a good solution is to produce many random object hoping that a proportion will work...

If not Rossi, Brillouin, Miley, and even Hagelstein, have found something reliable... Not yet efficient but to be improved...

One things that prevent most people to accept Rossi is the cognitive dissonance linked to the beliefs that cold fusion is impossible... Anybody informed know that cold fusion is proven since long (with many challenge of temperature, reliability, control, endurance, performance)... but they are skeptic against any industrial claim of cold fusion as if cold fusion was a hoax, which they know is false...

This does not cancel the need to be cautious on Rossi, like on any entrepreneur claiming he have succeeded in industrializing new technology. Simply current evidence, direct and indirect seems to be unavoidable. I cannot imagine a coherent and credible scenario where E-cat is not working enough to prove LENR is real and there is industrial potential. However there is reasonable possibilities that it is hard to use industrially... not a dominant hypothesis today, but not a ridiculous one.

There is however clear evidence from history that this facts will be accepted very slowly by academic elite, probably more than 1 year to reach the top, countdown starting not from any report but from an industrial achievement. (I took the Wright brother plane as model of academic denial - Internet can make it faster but global-groupthink can make it slower).

• Official Post

http://stephanpomp.blogspot.fr…2078#c7252989263462744030

I think there was more explanation that the problem was the required period of silence preventing normal activity for him.

it seems clear IH was not afraid of him, but maybe Pomp was afraid of IH.
    quite classic, as you know that most skeptics have refused to visit or participate to LENr experiment.
    One of the only visit reported is Garwin and Lewis in McKubre labs.
    He found nothing serious to critic, and concluded it was an invisible problem.

Read the book of Beaudette for the stories (page 329)

... he continue ...

I have concluded that fear is an important force in preventing scientists from looking into cold fusion studies even as an academic exercise. Progress will have to be made in the ghetto without help from orthodox scientists, even those with open minds. There is one source of help, though, from outside the ghetto. The silent partner in this controversy made provision that anomalous power would continue to register on the calorimeters even as their accuracy was much improved. Presumably that help will continue.
    It is my thesis that this climate of fear was put into place at Baltimore by the mistaken attack on Fleischmann and Pons’s mental acuity and by the savage and ignorant criticism of their calorimetry. After those eminently successful attacks, who else dared to risk suffering from such public ruthlessness?

• Official Post

when you call someone that have written a nasty biased critics accusing the testers to be fraudsters (to the point Bo Hoistad say the paper is shameful) , to participate to the next test, you are ready to face hard-skeptic...

now to see him flee with a bad excuse, is expected.

The problem with honest skeptics like Essen, Küllander, Celani, Dawn Dominguez, is that once they look into the telescope... they became convinced, thus instantly bad scientists.

• when you call someone that have written a nasty biased critics accusing the testers to be fraudsters (to the point Bo Hoistad say the paper is shameful) , to participate to the next test, you are ready to face hard-skeptic...

No, there were restrictions on what to write or not. That is not research independence.

... now to see him flee with a bad excuse, is expected.

No, he doesn't flee, he´s safeguarding his independence.

The problem with honest skeptics like Essen, Küllander, Celani, Dawn Dominguez, is that once they look into the telescope... they became convinced, thus instantly bad scientists.

I don't know about Celani or Dominguez, but Essén and Kullander has given Rossi a free ride on their credentials. This is bad judgement even if the e-cat works. The whole thing smells like a scam, and especially Essén should have known better.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.