Full NASA Seedling Seminar - LENR Aircraft is online

• Official Post

there will be many time frame.
    Innovation takes normally 5 years to reach the market with many illusion lost... E-cat is thus expected for 2016, as a modest technology... what it seems it is now, just to save electricity for heating... not the revolution we imagine.

To tumble a market it can take few years or a decade.
    The time for cars to be designed with LENR should be 5-10 years if following the usual pipeline in car company. 10-20 years for planes...

however some existing market can get frozen in 1-2years waiting for the revolution, killing any hope to sell expensive products with long payback... This fact can cause panic in incumbent market.
    Imagine that the boiler companies face clients that refuse to pay for expensive boilers... that electric companies refuse to buy nuclear powerplant, hydro, or solar/wind generators, just waiting for LENR power plants.
    Imagine Airbus and Boeing unable to sell their jumbo because people wait for the LENR jumbo...
    Imagine the oild companies who stop prospecting new oil, stop prospecting shales...

there will be no other choice for them than to accelerate the transition from 5-10 years to 3 years, or die.

in few month Rossi will give a report.
    LENR-Cities will give names of partners.

In one year, Brillouin will start to compete with Rossi will all US government behind them.
    NASA and ESA will start panicking to save their respective industries.
    EPRI, Elforsk, CEA, ENEA will panic to help their electric companies (Elforsk started already to warn).
    Boilers, cars, planes companies will feel quickly their clients want something that last and payback for 5-10 years, no more.
    money will flow.

and if the good seat are not taken in this 6 month, you will have to travel without seat.
    that is the meaning of my 6 month...

The train of panic will start in few years (with first e-cat style boilers), but the seat will be occupied in few month.
    and it will reach the next station in 5 years... full LENR prototypes of anything that heat, power and moves.

• Official Post

Now, with Elforsk and Cherokee support, after Levi&al test, it seems clear there is something honest and working.
    However the test show modest performances, and I suspect stability problems...
    Jed Rothwell who have been suspicious about E-cat, is now much more positive in his comment after having access to next test results...

Rossi and Brillouin seems the leading horses.
    Defkalion with recent defection (Luca Gamberale&Defkalion Europe, Symeon tsalikoglou) seems in huge trouble with no clear future (success is not to exclude, and rebirth is probable).

Anyway, if you have seen Rasta Rocket, you know that with good talent, big failures, and some delay, a new inexperienced team can catch-up with the leaders (nb: I don't says that Jamaica prepare a LENR team)...

• Now, with Elforsk and Cherokee support, after Levi&al test, it seems clear there is something honest and working.
    However the test show modest performances, and I suspect stability problems...

But Elforsk's test wasn't independent. Rossi still had control over the facilities and the equipment used.

Jed Rothwell who have been suspicious about E-cat, is now much more positive in his comment after having access to next test results...

Is this a genuin independent test?

• Official Post

what control ?
    not on the wire ? not on the outer wall ?
    Rossi did not have enough control on the environement to risk any trick...

the cables were unplugged, meters could be used to check anything, thermocouple could be placed anywhere, know emissivity dots could be placed anywhere, and many things have been tested (but not all, without Rossi being responsible of that)...
    That freedom to test, remove any possibility to use trick on that details...

The only possible trick that have been imagined is the DC offset. Not only it look hard to do it practically (since there was instruments on the same phase that would have exploded with high voltage DC), but simply it could be detected so easily that it was irrational to use that trick without controlling the instruments used.

You can see what participant like Torbjörn Hartman
    http://www.pureenergyblog.com/…arding-recent-e-cat-test/
    or Bo Hoistad
    http://ecatnews.com/?p=2620
    tested many tricks, with more or less scientific methods.

This is the opposite to his previous test, where Rossi controlled the instruments, the water flow, the thermocouples.
    I agree that even test where you allow people to check and test, but when they don't control, are much weaker.
    Defkalion demo for ICCF18 was weak in that sens, as matt lewans did not controls the water flow, could not play with the piles and wires for days... it was a demo, like previous Rossi's demo.

The fact that they used IR cam, thermocouples to calibrate it, instead of waterflow redice many opportunities to trick.

The only thing that Rossi was controlling was the building and the inside of the boxes, and all else could be checked and touched, without any opportunity to oppose...
    He could tweak the electric plug, but it could be measured...
    He could tweak the emissivity of the reactor, but thermocouple, known emissivity dost, and IR cam would find it.
    He could send energy my microwave, IR, UV, radiations, but the people moving around the reactor would have detected it, or suffered from it by mistake.

As Bo Hoistad admit, the content of the reactor is not proven... it can be pixie dust and Rossi team may have replaced it with black powder. What is sure is that it produce 3x/6x more heat than put inside as electricity.

If he was proposing tricks, he would have allowed few things, but would have controlled all else (as he did before).

• There is compelling evidence that Nickel-Hydrogen experiments produce excess heat. If you don't believe
    that then go to lenr-canr.org and search for nickel.

There a a plausible case for Nickel-Hydrogen reactors to work. If Rossi's E-CAT doesn't work then this design
    may not be far from what could work.

I am quite sure Rossi would not know why his reactor works if it does. Turning nickel into copper doesn't seem probable.

My point is that a device such as an E-CAT is a real scientific possibility. Other claims such as magnet motors or gravity engines or
    noble gas engines are nonsense. I also ignore what Randy Mills claims with his hydrinos.

• Official Post

I remind of a recent opinion of Jed, but maybe I misunderstood and mixed.

I just found that comment on the previous test

It is true that until recently Jed was not very positive on any LENR reactor except Brillouin...
    He at least took seriously the Elforsk report.

Probably I'm wrong, but I remind of something like that, having not report, but opinion from people abroad (he talk of opinion on others reactors, some not very positive)...
    Thanks barty :huh: , I was so sure, but cannot find the quote. Should have noted it, at least to see I misunderstood. :(
    Maybe I jumped on "The latest version was tested"... Blue fly they say in rescue team. I should be more careful and keep links like in the old time.

It was on vortex, from jed.

• Low Energy Nuclear Reaction Aircraft Investigator

Doug Wells, NASA Langley Research Center

Purpose

The purpose of this research is to investigate the potential vehicle performance impact of applying the emergent Low Energy Nuclear Reaction (LENR) technology to aircraft propulsion systems.

LENR potentially has over 4,000 times the density of chemical energy with zero greenhouse gas or hydrocarbon emissions. This technology could enable the use of an abundance of inexpensive energy to remove active design constraints, leading to new aircraft designs with very low fuel consumption, low noise, and no emissions.

The objectives of this project are to gather as many perspectives as possible on how and where to use a very high density energy source for aircraft including the benefits arising from its application, explore the performance impacts to aircraft, and evaluate potential propulsion system concepts.

Background

LENR is a type of nuclear energy and is expected to be clean, safe, portable, scalable, and abundant. The expected benefits make it an ideal energy solution. When it is applied to aircraft, LENR removes the environmental impacts of fuel burn and emission from combustion. Excess energy could be used to reduce noise so that all three of NASA’s technology goals for future subsonic vehicles are either eliminated or addressed.

Furthermore, aviation impacts almost every part of our daily lives, civilian and military.

A revolutionary technology like LENR has the potential to completely change how businesses, military, and the country operate as a whole, giving a tremendous financial, tactical, and resource advantage to anyone that utilizes it in the most effective way.

High density energy sources create some unique capabilities as well as challenges for integration into aircraft.

An LENR concept that has reported some success generates heat in a catalyst process that combines nickel metal (Ni) with hydrogen gas (H). The initial testing and theory show that radiation and radioisotopes are extremely short lived and can be easily shielded. Although nuclear fission has been looked at for use in aircraft, LENR is different. LENR has a higher energy density and no radioactive by products.

Success of this research will provide a firm foundation for future research and investment for high density energy source technology integration into aircraft.

• Official Post

As you show, the work of Doug Wells is application of research kind.

I fall on that old article about Bushnell in 2011
    http://blog.newenergytimes.com…-and-theory-confirmation/

Buschnell was talking of making basic research in NiH and validating Widom-Larsen-Srivastava theory.

• I agree with Jed Rothwell and Krivit that the test was not independent. Period.

• Official Post

krivit hate Rossi...

Jed It much more positive since that test.
    A good technique to refuse to admit something is to as condition that cannot be fulfilled.
    The tea kettle argument was used for long to refuse to admit the calorimetry.

Independent test without the tester, with free instruments, without problems of fluid, flow, was asked for long... now it is not enough...
    Testing such a technology out of a secure building is not rational. for the rest what can be done if you can touche the reactor and change the cable, install instruments at will...

is it rational doubt...

I'm more concerned about stability and performances.

• Yes, if the test isn't fully independent it isn't fully independent. I agree that the test is more independent this time, but there's still room for error or fraud, sorry. The e-cat is still waiting for a third party scientific independent validation. This is not a "tea kettle argument", it's standard scientific protocol.

I wonder, how could you be "more concerned about stability and performances", than with the question if it really works?

• Official Post

place for noticeable error, no.
    only critics were about possible fraud, based on stage magic tricks and huge complicity of the team of testers.

the profile of the testers, which installed position, some young, some older, from different countries and universities, make a general complicity not far from conspiracy theory.

moreover we cannot say that the testers were not aware of the risk of fraud... as they say, they independently tester many hypothesis of tricks.

note also that about errors, x3 or x6 , cause few hundred degrees centigrade of temperature change, and cannot be explained without huge mistakes.
    Moreover the IR cam protocole remove many question on flow ad thermocouple placement or hotspots...

only hypothesis is a 7 physicist conspiracy, to which you add few other complicity inside Industrial Heat, Cherokee, Leonardo Corporation...
    If you accept rossi is a CIA agent, why not... just have to find a motive.
    Also have to explain why his demo were so poor, because fraud demo are always without troubles.

You should read the book of Mats Lewans which give more details of the various demo, the loose jobs of Rossi about those demo, far from stage magician.

You will also learn the personality and career profile of Levi, Essen, Kullander...

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.