Increase lattice vacancies in nickel

• Hi

I have an idea about increasing the number of lattice vacancies in nickel in order for it to be able to hold more hydrogen.

How can I determine if the processed pieces of nickel contains more hydrogen? Weighing seems like a usable method.

Has there been any other attempts to increase lattice vacancies in nickel?

Would it be of significant importance to increase lattice vacancies in nickel?

• Hello. I think in the case of Pd the current approach is either to add impurities in the metal and/or using compressed pellets of nanopowders.

Perhaps the same approach is extensible to Nickel?

Anyway, the idea is beyond vacancies, is to create suitable reaction sites in nano cracks in the metal lattice, as per Storms latest approach.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• David Jonsson

There have been attempts to use japanese Sword Steel (Tamahagane) methods to make highly loaded palladium. This involves hydrogen-loading a piece of Pd sheet, folding it in (say) half so the most highly loaded side is inside, and then using a roller-mill to reduce it back to the original thickness. This oiece is then loaded, folded, rolled and reloaded- and so on.

From memory Arata may have done this, and IH bought a rolling machine a few years back, presumably for the same purpose.

• To elaborate on this further, Ed Storms is currently using sintered nickel powders to reliably produce anomalous heat and (as yet unreported) direct electrocity. He also experiments with adding Boron Oxide - Boron was used in metallic form by Johnson Matthey as a flux/oxygen scavenging agent in the 'original' P&F Pd smelted by their Harlow Metals branch.

David Jonsson Off topic- a few years back in a post you mentioned this:-

The following book describe a small fusion process as a combination of hot fusion and beam target fusion

http://books.google.se/books/about/Rymdvapnet_som_f%C3%B6r%C3%A4ndrade_v%C3%A4rlden.html?id=VS6IygAACAAJ&redir_esc=y

It is written by the former Swedish defense researcher Erik Witalis. There is an English manuscript but no publisher has yet accepted it.

It still appears to be either unavailable or 'sold out' depending on where you look. Do you have a copy?

ETA;_ if you are in touch with the author and he still has an unpublished English manuscript I might be able to help.

• I don't know if anyone has developed a way to relate hydrogen content of nickel to magnetic properties.

See: MAGNETIC SUSCEPTIBILITY OF NICKEL HYDRIDE (1988)

Cold work, of course, will also affect things such as magnetic permeability - so if CW is involved, calibration would need to be done on the worked material rather than the annealed.

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.