Polarization and LENR?

• I have been following LENR for some time now, and haven't seen an idea that could be practical and useful at enhancing LENR reactions.

Namely, I believe that through polarization of nickel or palladium (ideally) with hydrogen that a greater surface area of material could be utilized and greater COP can be achieved.

I don't think it would be complex to follow the following recipe;

1. Elicit polarization values between electrochemical values between porous nickel or palladium and hydrogen.

2. An instantaneous increase in T and P to account for stimulating transmutation of nickel or palladium via LENR process. Overcoming the Columb barrier can be precisely calculated and hence the ideal value can be easier calculated whilst polarization is ongoing between nickel and hydrogen...

Hence, do you think polarization of nickel with hydrogen would simplify the LENR process and would enable an easier way to elicit LENR?

• Promethian

Changed the title of the thread from “Polarisation and LENR” to “Polarization and LENR?”.
  • I suspect that utilizing polarization would be ideal for control mechanisms like Brillouin Energy Corporation since they utilize the Controlled Electron Capture Reaction mechanism. I did mention it to them in the BEC thread that they could increase the COP and surface area by utilizing polarization.

I further suspect that the reaction would be even easier to elicit with reverse polarity to attract the hydrogen atoms to the nickel cathode.

• Can you supply a link describing this kind of polarization you are talking about?

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1747519819889936

Polarizability of Hydrogen Atom - Wolfram Demonstrations Project
    An electric field \[ScriptCapitalE] distorts the charge distribution of an atom. For s states, the energy is decreased by -FractionBox[1, 2]\[Alpha]…
    demonstrations.wolfram.com

So, with the knowledge of the first link would it be possible to elicit the polarization values needed, between hydrogen and nickel.

What are "electrochemical values" you are talking about?

Well, this would only obtain as true given that the electrode of nickel were submerged in H2O to calculate the inverse polarization values between the electrode of nickel and water; but, I suppose that would be somewhat harder to determine.

• Alan Smith , may I ask what do you think?

I think it is a key factor. I had a hunch about this being important - because that is what happens (to a limited extent) in electrolysis - the creation and orientation of magnetic dipoles in the material. And sure enough, Russ and I found that an intermittent unipolar magnetic field did stimulate LENR reactions - hence my early adoption of high-current low-voltage DC solenoid heaters wrapped around the fuel tubes. This meant that we had more Ampere-turns and hence a stronger B-Field around the fuel as it was heated and then allowed to cool to just below the Curie point. Which is where we often saw the best results.

• I think it is a key factor. I had a hunch about this being important - because that is what happens (to a limited extent) in electrolysis - the creation and orientation of magnetic dipoles in the material. And sure enough, Russ and I found that an intermittent unipolar magnetic field did stimulate LENR reactions - hence my early adoption of high-current low-voltage DC solenoid heaters wrapped around the fuel tubes. This meant that we had more Ampere-turns and hence a stronger B-Field around the fuel as it was heated and then allowed to cool to just below the Curie point. Which is where we often saw the best results.

Is it also your interpretation that by utilizing reverse polarity, would further enhance the reaction between nickel and hydrogen as to attract the hydrogen atoms to the nickel cathode?

I suspect a significant enhancement in LENR effects due to utilizing reverse polarity.

• Paradigmnoia

I'm not totally sure what you mean by 'reverse polarity' but when we tried an alternating NS magnetic dield on a frequency of about 10Hz it killed any reaction immediately.

There's a clue there, I think, for people who wonder how to control LENR systems.

Sorry, I mean that if your utilize inverse polarization values by reverse polarity of the control system, you would be able to attract the hydrogen to the electrode, yes?

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

• hence my early adoption of high-current low-voltage DC solenoid heaters wrapped around the fuel tubes

what was the current?

... 1 amp could give 1 Tesla

1 Tesla electromagnet?
    Is it possible to create a powerful electromagnet at home? With use of a ferromagnet it seems so... Using the following formula: $B(Tesla)= k\mu_0nI$. I…
    physics.stackexchange.com

1Tesla is not much compared to 30 T..

but to corral protons,deuterium at a temperature of 300 C is probably easier than doing it at 51.000.000 C

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2112.05840

• We had 40 turns at 50V 5A current, Radius of coil approx 3cms, fuel at the center line.

My brief calcs show something a tad less than 1Tesla

is a smaller coil with a nail feasible in the exptal context ...?

Lets say you took awg 38 wire, it has resistance per unit length as 2.19Ω/m2.19Ω/m so net resistance of your device will be {R=2πrn2.19R=2πrn2.19} here rr is radius of loops you are making for solenoid.

Assuming you..

have a nail of material with k>1000k>1000 and of cross-sectional diameter 5mm5mm and you carefully wind awg 38 wire on it,

your loop's radius will be 2.5×103m2.5×10−3m

Assuming you have a nail of material with k>1000k>1000 and of cross-sectional dimater 5mm5mm and you carefully wind awg 38 wire on it, your loop's radius will be 2.5×103m2.5×10−3m ....

1 Tesla electromagnet?
    Is it possible to create a powerful electromagnet at home? With use of a ferromagnet it seems so... Using the following formula: $B(Tesla)= k\mu_0nI$. I…
    physics.stackexchange.com

• is a smaller coil with a nail feasible in the exptal context ...?

A much smaller coil is possible, diameter 1cm but probably no more than 15 turns on the space available, and because of lower resistance (less wire) only 1.5-2.0A at 50V. Possibly wise to go for a lower voltage, say 8A at 12V D, though 20A at 5V might be possible.

The nail isn't really helpful, since the fuel inside the tube the coil described above would be wrapped around is mostly ferromagnetic. Biggest problem I see here is that fused alumina (the fuel tube) becomes quite conductive when you hit 450-500C. Leakage currents from the coil could upset the thermocouple inside the tube.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.