New Scientist's Older Stories on LENR - Comment Welcome

• Frank Gordon sent me these stories from the archives, published on 2003 and 2007. They concentrate primarily on the USN work, but I must confess I have not had time (yet) to study them closely. Although we try to keep these 'News' threads low on comments, in this case please do.

Cold Fusion Rides Again (2007) New scientist May 5 2007.pdf

Cold Fusion -what the USN found after 10 years research New Scientist CF article March 2003.pdf

• We have much to be thankful for the old guard who kept the science alive. As these articles can attest to, and the many others before them, they risked much to get the word out that there was something they were seeing in the lab worth pursuing. I wonder at times if LENR would be collecting dust on some back of the lab shelf had we not had people willing to speak up...knowing the damage to their reputation likely to result. What a loss had that happened!

I may be wrong, but IMO things are different now. LENR is growing more and more entrenched with each passing year. It can't be beaten down anymore. There are just too many entities working on it now, and all are reporting substantial progress. The USNavy started the research almost from the beginning, and after a roller coaster ride of funding/no funding, they appear to have committed permanently with the new HIVER project, which is already reporting solid results.

NASA, CleanHME, NEDO...the same. Then there are the new entrants who presented initial promising results at ICCF24 such as the US Army, and Parchi/Vassalo/Righe. They will not continue on alone, and already are partnering with, and/or collaborating with others with more established programs. And not to be forgotten are the old guard such as Staker, Storms, and Celani still meticulously advancing their own research.

A new and most promising development is the small army of volunteers, led largely by our own Alan Smith and the MFMP, who are ready with little notice to travel to test the latest gadget. If unable to visit themselves, they can, and do marshal other volunteers to fill in. A good example of this teamwork is with the Egely wand, and me356 reactor. No more waiting years to find out if these things actually work as advertised. That can happen now in a matter of months.

Things are looking up. I think LENR is around for good now.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.