ResearchGate Discontinuing Projects

• A number of people on here use Researchgate - some for searching for and obtaining copies of papers direct from authors, some to follow particular researchers or projects, and some to post updates of their own work. However, the people running ResearchGate have decided to discontinue the 'Projects' facility. This means that material currently only hosted within a Project will disappear soon.

https://www.researchgate.net/researchgate-updates/retiring-projects

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

• A number of people on here use Researchgate - some for searching for and obtaining copies of papers direct from authors, some to follow particular researchers or projects, and some to post updates of their own work. However, the people running ResearchGate have decided to discontinue the 'Projects' facility. This means that material currently only hosted within a Project will disappear soon.

https://www.researchgate.net/r…updates/retiring-projects

Yes, I received this notification a couple of days ago. It was a very good way to store material, I worry how many people will handle this, like Takhashi or Holmlid, that have most of their publications associated to their projects.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• It seems to be only teh "Project" feature, that is not enough used, as researshers don't update enough their project section...
    As I understand, papers are still there?

“Only puny secrets need keeping. The biggest secrets are kept by public incredulity.” (Marshall McLuhan)
    twitter @alain_co

• AlainCo - I think if a "Research Item" (e.g. an article) has been added to a project, then it is also available under the author's "Research" tab. However other items - such as collections of references - only seem to appear in the project, and will disappear from external view (it seems the project leader will be sent a copy, when the facility closes). There may be other items that are treated in the same way. I don't know.

Also, projects sometimes have items in them from several different participants - and so, even if they were still available under the respective authors' research tab, there would be no way for anyone to find them again unless by luck.

I accept that the Project facility was underused across the site - but for open source activities it could have been quite useful.

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.