Device for registration and investigation of Lenr manifestations in conditions of diaphragm discharge

• Lenr manifestations Lenr

The purpose of this work

LENR - Low Energy Nuclear Reactions - Cold Controlled Nuclear Fusion is a phenomenon that, despite numerous positive experiments around the world, official science continues to deny. Therefore, it is still important to propose a simple and easily reproducible experiment proving the existence of this very relevant phenomenon. The installation proposed here should register the phenomenon according to its three manifestations: excessive heat generation, transmutation of the environment and signs of "strange radiation". A little-studied process of diaphragm discharge in distilled water is used, when plasma is excited between liquid electrodes in the holes of a silicon diaphragm.

http://rulev-igor1940.ru/bilder/bild_2_40.jpg">

• Thank you for posting this, your first after being a member for almost 10 years!

. Can you tell me if the experiment has actually been performed in full as described, or is t still in the planning stage? I guess from the photos (very nice) of the plasma bubbles that you have done some work on this, can you share any results?

• Thank you. There is (I suspect) a problem with the creation of durable plasmoids in water. I'm pretty sure it can happen, having seen what could be plasmoids myself, but they were very brief glowing 'dots'. I would also suggest that silicon might not be a requirement if you only need to make a dielectric barrier, it might be that polycarbonate sheet would serve.

I also think that 2kV is rather overdoing it, depending on the electrode gap, certainly Shoulders never found very high voltages were always required- it is the concentration -the charge gradient at a particular point- be that the tip of a mercury-wetted needle of a pinhole in a barrier that does the trick. Maybe a pinhole in the dielectric could provide the very high charge density required to create a plasmoid

• Alan Smidt

I would also suggest that silicon may not be a requirement, if you only need to create a dielectric barrier, perhaps a polycarbonate sheet will do.

I disagree. Where we are talking about transmutation as a result of EV activity, it is not desirable to have unjustifiably extraneous materials (we have only water and silicon). In addition, a powerful cavitation occurs in the hole when the vapor bubbles collapse.

I also think that 2 kV is quite a lot

The voltage on the power source, as well as the polarity, can be changed.

There is 3 km between the cloud and the ground, a lightning discharge develops within a second. The difference between the velocity of the field propagation and the development of the streamer (ionized channel in gas) is five orders of magnitude (300,000 / 3).

EV plays the main role in the development of the streamer. The resulting charge cluster absorbs 10 ^ 11 electrons where there are many of them. At the same time, the EV remains electrically neutral, which is absolutely incredible from the point of view of modern science and what Showalders has convincingly proved with his experiments. Further, the cluster, being neutral or slightly charged, drifts relatively slowly across the field or to the side and finally crashes. It releases its electrons in a space filled with neutral atoms - an electrically conductive island is formed. The discharge instantly germinates to the length of the drift EV. The paratroopers were put on a plane and thrown into enemy territory.

In our case, the streamer develops from the hole in the diaphragm to the electrodes and the concentration of EV clusters near the holes is greatest. In the experiment, it is most important to trace the balance of energy. The cluster does not live at the expense of an external field, but at the expense of transmutations, and since it consumes energy (at least for radiation), the balance should be positive.

• The voltage on the power source, as well as the polarity, can be changed.

I guess you could change polarity if the disposition of electrodes was symmetrical, but is there much point - left to right, right to left is much the same as far as the system is concerned.

I take your point about the desirability of not using a material (like polycarbonate) that could be eroded by cavitation collapse etc, that was just my attempt to keep costs down, but I guess you could still use polycarbonate but with smaller perforated pieces of silicon attached.. A large piece of pure silicon would be very expensive. The advantage of using smaller pieces is that you could remove and study them more easily than a large tank divider.

• You might find some useful info here. In fact this paper comes from a conference report with quite a few papers freely downloadable, posted by a research group working on plasmoids. Link to the whole collection is here:- http://bjm.scs.illinois.edu/spectroscopy/ballplasma.php

Water-based atmospheric pressure ball plasmoids are a fascinating and intriguing

phenomenon first observed by Egorov and Stephanov in 2002 [1]. Produced with only a high

voltage power supply, capacitor, two simple electrodes and a container of water, these plasmoids

are extraordinary in two ways. First, they emit light for a total of over 400 ms given a pulse of

high-voltage DC electricity that provides appreciable current for only ~200 ms. This long

lifetime is unprecedented in the laboratory at atmospheric pressures without a fuel source.

Reported “long-lived” plasma afterglows include lifetimes of ~1 ms in a 4 torr Ar-Hg mixture

[2], and two papers modelling atmospheric air afterglows (Te = 2 eV and 7.5 eV,

[3] and [4] respectively) show that nearly all chemical reactions

cease in <1 ms. Secondly, these plasmoids are self-contained, showing a clear and nearly

spherical boundary between the plasmoid and the surrounding environment. As reviewed in [5],

DC-generated atmospheric pressure plasmas are confined to traveling between two electrodes as

an arc, corona, glow discharge, dielectric barrier discharge, unless the plasma is blown out from

between the two electrodes, typically in a turbulent fashion. Recently plasma sources capable of

producing laminar jets of plasma capable of shooting plasma 550 mm have been produced with

high velocities (1000 m/s) [6]. However, to the author’s knowledge, these ball plasmoids are the

only laminar low-velocity plasma-based phenomenon not confined between electrodes to be

reported.

Partially due to the simplicity of the experiment, this captivating phenomenon has been

studied by many scientists around globe. The following pages give a thorough summary of the

research on atmospheric pressure ball plasmoids to date. Since this summary uses some

terminology and equipment described in Chapter 2, it may be helpful to read the description of

the plasmoid generator in Chapter 2 first.

http://bjm.scs.illinois.edu/miscpubs/Friday2014.pdf

• I looked through the EVO branch and realized that this animal is nothing but a superconducting and at the same time a superfluid black hole consisting of 43% Higgs bosons.

Meanwhile, Wikipedia still does not know such words as "EVO" and "Lenr"

By the way, I want to ask. Has anyone repeated the experiment of Showalders, when he turned a nanosecond pulse into an electrically neutral EV cluster containing 10 ^ 11 pieces of electrons on the tip of a needle? And when this cluster, having slowly drifted, was safely discharged in another part of the installation into another circuit, returning all 10 ^ 11 pieces of electrons in cash. Or should it be taken as a fairy tale?

• I never met KS, but I do know several people (about 4 actually) who worked with him at SRI and in one case afterwards for many years. The general consensus is that he was an absolute genius when it came to building and testing anything and could fix whatever was required along the way. I think some of his colleagues were a little in awe of him.

Certainly when working long ago for Texas instruments he pioneered some of their first integrated circuit designs, and at Jupiter Technology devised and built what I believe was the first quad mass spec and designed the first usable high-speed oscilloscopes.

So on the whole, probably no need for fairy tales.

• I am a long-time lenr-themed person of interest, but I paid serious attention to this site for the first time. Perhaps the recent restructuring had a beneficial effect. There is a serious situation here, discipline, good activity, dilettante’s are not favored.

After reading a number of branches, I got the impression that the range of discussions of the lenr area in this house is somewhat limited and specifically shifted. With my theme, I will try to diversify the picture somewhat, and the monologue mode will suit me quite well.

To begin with, I put here a link to my old work on the interpretation of the works of Ken Shoulders. On this occasion, I specially translated it from Russian into English.

Зарядовые кластеры Kenneth R. Shoulders'а

Summary.

A talented researcher K.S. discovered and researched his EVO’s and by this alone put himself in that very queue in front of F&P. Complexity and chaos often tend to be dialectically simplified (have the such a property).

A decade and a half has passed since Ken's elegant experiments proved that electrons are able to self-organize into structures with properties completely unheard of before him.

These were not random observations - a man experimented with his charge clusters for years, tried to convey his discoveries to the scientific community, defended five patents in which he scrupulously conveyed the device of his experimental installations. Still no curiosity.

The Paris Academy has stopped considering perpetual motion projects since the beginning of the last century. This is wise, and, most importantly, convenient.

What K.S. did have in his experiments?

In conditions when the curvature of the metal surface is greater than a certain value (a sharp needle, a grain of a nanocrystal) and in the presence of an electric field directed from the cathode, electrons gather in groups of 10 ^ 8 pieces, capture 10 ^ 3 of any atoms from the surrounding space and create strictly orderly electrically neutral formations capable of smoothly drifting in space. For this alone, Ken is entitled to a bonfire... or a Nobel Prize.

Clusters are readily grouped into larger formations. Usually he experimented with more noticeable "sparks" of 10 ^ 3 clusters, and only after a year of work Ken was able to get a single EV - for this the inventor needed to recreate picosecond electronics.

Ken was particularly struck by the fact that throughout his life EV has a positive balance of energy with the environment. The cluster glows when moving, induces potential and allows you to remove some of the energy from metal screens, literally explodes when destroyed at the anode. Where does the energy come from? Ken suggested the existence of a certain zero energy of the ether. Later it turned out that charge clusters really have access to inexhaustible energy, and this is due to the mass exchange between the environment and the internal atomic mass of the cluster. Moving through space, the cluster captures the atoms in its path and simultaneously releases the same or slightly different atoms from its pool. The cluster uses the meager mass defect resulting from the rearrangement of protons and neutrons inside the pool of atoms for its comfortable existence. Ken showed that in his tube EV is tracked at a distance of 2-3 mm if there is a vacuum, and confidently drifts to the anode at a distance of 60 cm in an argon atmosphere at a pressure of 3-4 mmHg.

The article was written more than ten years ago, some links may not work.

• Where does the energy come from? Ken suggested the existence of a certain zero energy of the ether. Later it turned out that charge clusters really have access to inexhaustible energy, and this is due to the mass exchange between the environment and the internal atomic mass of the cluster. Moving through space, the cluster captures the atoms in its path and simultaneously releases the same or slightly different atoms from its pool. The cluster uses the meager mass defect resulting from the rearrangement of protons and neutrons inside the pool of atoms for its comfortable existence. Ken showed that in his tube EV is tracked at a distance of 2-3 mm if there is a vacuum, and confidently drifts to the anode at a distance of 60 cm in an argon atmosphere at a pressure of 3-4 mmHg.

Whether that is scientifically accurate, or not, yours is the best description I have read yet. Or maybe I should say simplest. By that, I mean I understood it. :) Reminds me of what Einstein said "if you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough". By that measure you understand it well.

And also, thank you for the compliment about our forum. Not to brag, but we -as in the staff and members alike, take pride in how much the forum has come along in the last few years. I can confidently say that we are widely read within the community, so what is written here gets heavily circulated.

• Appreciate your willingness to deep dive in this topic. I just wanted to point out that Ken Shoulders work is not at all shunned by LENR-forum, in fact we even have available for download “A Tale of Discovery” in the USEFUL BOOK THREAD.

We are also aware that Takaaki Matsumoto realized the importance of Kenneth Shoulders’s work and recognized that EVOs / Ball lightning were at the core of LENR, which was recorded for posterity in a letter exchange published in Fusion Technology.

That said, the problem for a wider acceptance and understanding of this important knowledge is that Ken’s work is complex and completely against the grain of mainstream knowledge, hence is met with silence, mostly. I don’t recall at which ICCF Kenneth attended and presented his conclusion that the key to LENR was the EVO. He was largely ignored. A shame, but also a fact.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.