The LENR-CANR ChatGPT is ON LINE!

• I now have a large capacity ChatBot. I uploaded 121 papers, including every issue of J. Condensed Matter Nuclear Science (JCMNS). It works splendidly! Better than I expected.

I will upload the rest of the papers in the next week or two. I have to prepare some of them.

The screen is on the menu system. Direct link: https://lenr-canr.org/wordpress/?page_id=2988

There are two bots, the Index and the Library. The difference is explained on this screen.

Here is an exchange I had this morning, testing various aspects of the Bot. This shows a few problems with the Bot, in bold below. Sometimes, it cannot find text or a name that is right there in the paper it quotes from. This is running ChatGPT version 3. It will be upgraded to version 4, which should fix some of these problems.

Library Bot

Hello! What can I do for you today?

[Ahem . . . I start with my own book.]

Summarize the book "Cold Fusion and the Future"

The book "Cold Fusion and the Future" by Jed Rothwell discusses the potential of cold fusion technology and its impact on society and technology. It argues that cold fusion, if commercialized, could eliminate most pollution and save billions of dollars currently spent on fossil fuels. The book also covers various technologies that could be changed by cold fusion, such as desalination, global warming, and the oil and electric power industries. The author aims to inspire readers and enlist them in the political battle to allow research on cold fusion. The book is not a review or history of the field, but rather focuses on the potential benefits of cold fusion technology.

[Good summary! This content is from the book, but it is paraphrased and summarized.]

Can you find a paragraph beginning: "Material Studies, Theoretical and Computational Studies, Modeling and Simulation"?

Yes, there is a paragraph in the provided context that begins with "Material Studies, Theoretical and Computational Studies, Modeling and Simulation." It is part of a detailed program for a conference called ICCF-23, which includes various topics related to condensed matter nuclear science. The program is available at http://ikkem.com/iccf-23_program.php.

Quote that entire paragraph, verbatim.

I apologize, but I am unable to provide the exact paragraph as it is not included in the provided context. However, I can direct you to the website where the program for the ICCF-23 conference is available, which includes the paragraph you are looking for. The website is http://ikkem.com/iccf-23_program.php.

Quote the entire paragraph that begins ""Material Studies, Theoretical and Computational Studies, Modeling and Simulation."

"Material Studies, Theoretical and Computational Studies, Modeling and Simulation, Approaches to Replication, Applications etc. The detailed program is available at http://ikkem.com/iccf-23_program.php."

Quote the paragraph that says, "We must thank Christy L. Frazier for writing a detailed report . . ."

I apologize, but there is no paragraph in the provided context that says "We must thank Christy L. Frazier for writing a detailed report." If you have any other questions related to the provided context, I would be happy to assist you.

Do these documents mention Christy Frazier?

I am sorry, but there is no mention of Christy Frazier in the provided context. If you have any other questions related to the provided context, I would be happy to assist you.

[It also cannot find "Christy L. Frazier," which is right there next to the paragraph the bot quoted above, in https://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/BiberianJPjcondensedzi.pdf It is strange that the Bot cannot find the name.]

Did the LOC organization keep the videos of the ICCF23 conference on line? If so, what is the URL of the videos?

Yes, the LOC organization kept all presentations and discussions in video online for two years at http://ikkem.com/iccf-23_oralab.php and http://ikkem.com/iccf23_3min.php. These websites contain videos of the presentations and discussions from the ICCF23 conference.

Quote the paragraph that says that the LOC organization keep [Sic my mistake] the videos of the ICCF23 conference on line. Quote it verbatim.

"To promote research in the field of CMNS, LOC has kept all presentations and discussions in video online for two years at http://ikkem.com/iccf-23_oralab.php and http://ikkem.com/iccf23_3min.php."

What does issue 157 of Infinite Energy say, and when was it published?

The provided context does not contain any information about the contents or publication date of issue 157 of Infinite Energy magazine. Therefore, I cannot provide a response to this question.

[It is right there on the same page.]

Was the ICCF23 conference held virtually? How about ICCF24?

Yes, the ICCF23 conference was held virtually due to the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic and related travel restrictions. As for ICCF24, the provided context does not contain any information about whether it will be held virtually or in person.

When and where was the ICCF24 conference held?

The provided context does not contain any information about when or where the ICCF24 conference was held. Therefore, I cannot provide a response to this question.

[That is correct. I have not uploaded documents with ICCF24 information yet. My mistake.]

When and where was the ICCF23 conference held?

The ICCF23 conference was held virtually from Beijing, China, with three sessions expanding from morning, afternoon, and evening, from December 17-21, 2019. The conference website is still available for future reference at http://ikkem.com/iccf-23.php.

Can you find the paragraph that says there were "live Q&A sessions at ICCF23"?

Yes, one highlight of the ICCF23 conference was the live Q&A sessions for the deep and broad scientific exchange, which were recorded and then quickly uploaded and shared with all participants on the website for each day. These active, inspiring, and fruitful discussions were recorded and can be seen in Figure 1 of the provided context.

Quote the paragraph that says there were "live Q&A sessions at ICCF23." Quote it verbatim.

"One highlight of this conference was the live Q&A sessions for the deep and broad scientific exchange (see Figure 1). These active, inspiring and fruitful discussions were recorded, and then quickly uploaded and shared with all participants on the website for each day."

Was the word "scientific" spelled correctly in the original text?

Yes, the word "scientific" was spelled correctly in the original text.

[This is good news! The word "scientific" came out wrong with the Adobe Acrobat OCR. Perhaps the bot corrects spelling errors as it tokenizes words.]

Which issue of the Journal of Condensed Matter Nuclear Science had papers from the 21st International Conference on Condensed Matter Nuclear Science (ICCF21)?

The papers from the 21st International Conference on Condensed Matter Nuclear Science (ICCF21) were included in the Journal of Condensed Matter Nuclear Science, Volume 29, August 2019.

Do you have the URL of the Journal of Condensed Matter Nuclear Science, Volume 29, August 2019.

I'm sorry, but I do not have the URL for the Journal of Condensed Matter Nuclear Science, Volume 29, August 2019. The data I have provided only includes information about the journal's copyright and usage policies, as well as some of its published volumes and articles.

[That was a trick question. The URL is not in this database. The Index bot has this:

Do you have the URL of the Journal of Condensed Matter Nuclear Science, Volume 29, August 2019?

Yes, the URL for the Journal of Condensed Matter Nuclear Science, Volume 29, August 2019 is http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/B…JPjcondensedzb.pdf#page=4.

I guess I should copy that index into the Library bot. I will leave it in the Index Bot so that readers can do simple searches without getting tons of data.]

Library Bot again:

Describe experiments with palladium boron alloys (Pd-B).

Experiments with palladium boron alloys (Pd-B) have shown that they produce highly reliable Low Energy Nuclear Reaction (LENR) results. Three compositions of Pd-B alloys were prepared with nominal boron concentrations of 0.25%, 0.50%, and 0.75% by weight. Glow-Discharge Mass Spectroscopy (GDMS) analyses of the three as-prepared materials showed 0.62%, 0.38%, and 0.18% by weight of boron. Annealing of the swaged sample at 650 o C for 2 h resulted in grain sizes of about 100 μ m. The alloying with boron expands the palladium lattice by forming an interstitial alloy with palladium. X-ray diffraction studies showed two distinct phases of the same face centered cubic structure with different lattice parameters. The alloys described in the data have proven to be effective in production of energy by LENR. They gave excess powers in seven out of eight experiments in China Lake, California. The materials also produced energy in one study in the New Hydrogen Energy laboratory in Japan, and in another in a private laboratory in California.

[An interesting summary. There is lots more in the literature about Pd-B but I may not have uploaded those papers yet.]

Who conducted the Pd-B experiments at China Lake, California? When? What papers did they publish?

The Pd-B experiments at China Lake, California were conducted by the Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division. The experiments were conducted in 1994-1995 and are documented in a Navy Report [2]. The report includes figures for each experiment showing the measured excess power for several different times each day. The total excess energy produced in one of the experiments was 636 kJ or 5.2 MJ per cubic centimeter of the Pd-B material. The authors of the report acknowledge the contributions of Dr Stanislaw Szpak, who pioneered the Pd/D co-deposition process. The report is not available online, but it can be accessed through the Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division.

Index bot

[The Index Bot knows the URLs. Here is an Index Bot exchange:]

What are the author(s), title and URL of the Pd-B experiments at China Lake?

The author(s) of the Pd-B experiments at China Lake are M. Miles and B.F. Bush. The title of the experiment is "Radiation Measurements at China Lake: Real or Artifacts?" and the URL is http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MilesMradiationm.pdf.

Are there papers about Pd-B authored by Szpak?

I'm sorry, but I do not have any information about papers authored by Szpak on Pd-B. My data only includes information on Szpak's work on the Pd/D co-deposition process and related experiments.

[Trick question. Szpak is acknowledged in China Lake papers, but he was not an author. The Bot knows the difference between an acknowledgement and an author. It also knows when Biberian is listed as editor, not an author.]

Do you have any other papers by Szpak?

Yes, I have information on several papers authored by Szpak. Some of the titles include "SPAWAR Systems Center-Pacific Pd:D Co-Deposition Research: Overview of Refereed LENR Publications," "Evidence of nuclear reactions in the Pd lattice," and "LENR Research Using Co-Deposition."

What is the URL of "Evidence of nuclear reactions in the Pd lattice"?

The URL for "Evidence of nuclear reactions in the Pd lattice" by Szpak, S., et al. is http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/SzpakSevidenceof.pdf.

[You have to repeat the title. The Bot does not understand "what is the URL of that paper?" referring to the last sentence, even when the sentence references only one paper.]

• Wonderful tool! Thanks for making this available to us. It will save all of us a lot of effort doing our searching, and learning the old fashioned way. I checked around, and it appears you are the first in LENR history to offer something like this. Congrats!...if I am correct. My guess is others will follow your lead. They have no choice really, as this fits the definition of revolutionary IMO.

One question: Are there any limitations for LENR CANR visitors wishing to use your ChatGPT?

Also, you might want to put something on the Media/News/Video Library-No discussions please - Page 61 - News - LENR Forum (lenr-forum.com) thread. We will be highlighting your library's new capabilities in May's newsletter, but this needs to be out there in the community now.

• Well, good, interesting, as i'm not so gifted as you with the computer science, could you ask this system with :

Rossi Focardi secret catalyst

It could give indications of its real relevance (or not), i think maybe we will discover the truth or the confirmation of Rossi's as a crock :)

• Rossi Focardi secret catalys

"Andrea Rossi and Sergio Focardi used a nickel-hydrogen fusion reactor as a catalyst for their ECat (energy catalyzer) boiler, as described in the article "Specifics of Andrea Rossi's 'Energy Catalyzer' Test, University of Bologna, January 14, 2011" by Macy, M."

• One question: Are there any limitations for LENR CANR visitors wishing to use your ChatGPT?

Do you mean a limited number of accesses per month? I hope not. Not for $150!

At the moment you will not find any stand alone paper by authors starting with "M," "S" and some other letters. I uploaded 121 papers. It took the ChatBot many hours to prepare them. It was still working when I went to bed. I will upload the "S" papers soon. I have to prepare some of the older ones, to reduce OCR errors. After I upload everything, you will be able to find any text in any paper. However, the bot sometimes overlooks text and makes mistakes. It could not find "Christy L. Frazier" which is right there in the paragraph it found. I am trying to sus out why, and how to prevent it. This is ChatGPT version 3. When they upgrade to version 4 some of these problems will go away.

ChatGPT does not automatically scan LENR-CANR.org for papers. I have to manually upload copies of the papers. ChatGPT then takes the papers, OCRs them, fixes some spelling problems, and converts them into a database with a format quite different from a human-readable database. In programmer jargon it is "tokenized." There are some guidelines for submitting documents to be tokenized. You want to keep paragraphs short, no more than 512 tokens (512 being a magic number in computerdom) and separated by two line feeds. You can submit a paragraph to be tokenized here:

OpenAI API
    An API for accessing new AI models developed by OpenAI
    platform.openai.com

The Index bot has a structured database with the fields marked, like so:

Title: Accomazzi, P., <i>Binuclear Atoms: A Model to Explain Low Energy Nuclear Reactions.</i> J. Condensed Matter Nucl. Sci., 2017. <b>25</b>: p. 68-75.

URL: http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/B…JPjcondensedx.pdf#page=74

First Author: Accomazzi, P.

All Authors: Accomazzi, P.

Keywords: Binuclear atom, LENR, Mills hydrino, Rossi E-Cat, Ultra dense hydrogen

Abstract: In this paper we show that the helium-like hydrogen spectra obtained by Randell L. Mills and ultra-dense . . .

Title: Meulenberg, A., <i>Review of Storms Paper.</i> Infinite Energy, 2013(108).

URL: http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/Meulenbergreviewofst.pdf

First Author: Meulenberg, A.

All Authors: Meulenberg, A.

Keywords: theory, critique

Abstract: Edmund Storms’ paper, "Cold Fusion from a Chemist’s Point of View," has . . .

For some reason, it cannot find some fields for some papers. Example:

What are the keywords in the paper Meulenberg, A., Review of Storms Paper. Infinite Energy, 2013(108).

The keywords in the paper Meulenberg, A., Review of Storms Paper. Infinite Energy, 2013(108) are "theory" and "critique".

What is the URL?

There is no URL provided for the paper Meulenberg, A., Review of Storms Paper. Infinite Energy, 2013(108).

What is the URL for the paper Meulenberg, A., Review of Storms Paper. Infinite Energy, 2013(108)?

There is no URL provided for the paper Meulenberg, A., Review of Storms Paper. Infinite Energy, 2013(108).

Are you sure? There is a field labeled "URL:" just below the title in your database. What does it say?

I apologize for the confusion. Upon checking the data, it appears that there is no URL provided for the paper Meulenberg, A., Review of Storms Paper. Infinite Energy, 2013(108).

• Thanks Jed, I will probe this during the weekend.

My first try:

Can you elaborate what is known about the relationship between EVOs, condensed plasmoids and ball lightning?

According to the data provided, there is evidence of a relationship between EVOs (also known as plasmoids) and ball lightning. Many experiments involving macro or micro electric discharges have reported the observation of strange tracks and transmutations of LENR (low-energy nuclear reactions) in association with the detection of EVOs. These objects have been called by various names including EVs and charged clusters by researchers, and they behave like ball lightning. The properties of these objects are so unimaginable that it is unlikely that a theory to explain them will address observations of the third kind (C) at the same time as observations of the first two kinds (A and B). However, understanding the concept of plasmoids helps people to understand atomic effects when atoms transform to a ball lightning.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Here is the beauty of ChatGPT. It is far less intelligent than a person. It makes stupid mistakes. It sometimes overlooks text which is right there in the file, such as the name "Christy L. Frazier." But it can instantly search through 2.6 GB of papers at LENR-CANR.org, and find things you never knew existed. You do not have to search for exact words, the way you do with a Google search. It can find similar ideas with different wording.

When you search for "screening effects" with the Google box that only finds documents at LENR-CANR.org, it gives you 9 pages of files. Too much! When you ask ChatGPT you see that Huke is probably the main author who has looked at this:

List some papers that discuss screening effects.

There are several papers listed in the provided context that discuss screening effects, including: - "Effects of Electron Screening on Low-energy Fusion Cross Sections" by H.J Assenbaum, K Langanke, and Rolfs - "Enhancement of deuteron-fusion reactions in metals and experimental implications" by A Huke, K Czerski, P Heide, et al. - "Experimental techniques for the investigation of the electron screening effect for d+d fusion reactions in metallic environments" by A Huke, K Czerski, and Heidea - "Forbidden nuclear reactions in astrophysics" by P Kálmán and T Keszthelyi - "Screening in cold fusion derived from D–D reactions" by H Hora, J.C Kelly, J.U Patel, Mark A Prelas, G.H Miley, and J.W Tompkins.

Zoom in on this:

Huke seems to be author who has written the most about screening effects. Summarize his research.

A Huke has written several papers on screening effects, including "Experimental techniques for the investigation of the electron screening effect for d+d fusion reactions in metallic environments" and "Enhancement of deuteron-fusion reactions in metals and experimental implications". These papers discuss the effects of electron screening on low-energy fusion cross sections and the enhancement of deuteron-fusion reactions in metals. Huke's research suggests that screening effects can significantly impact fusion rates in certain conditions.

Summarize Huke, "Experimental techniques for the investigation of the electron screening effect for d+d fusion reactions in metallic environments"

Huke's paper "Experimental techniques for the investigation of the electron screening effect for d+d fusion reactions in metallic environments" discusses the investigation of electron screening effects on low-energy fusion cross sections in metallic environments. The paper describes experimental techniques used to measure the screening energy of the d+d reaction in metal, which is a quantitative scale of the enhancement at very low energies. The paper also discusses the variation of the reaction rate at lower energies with different host materials and the strongly enhanced DD reaction that occurs in PdO at E d = 2.5 keV.

Okay, suppose you recall that Hagelstein also addressed this topic. So you ask:

What does Hagelstein say about screening effects?

Hagelstein has written several papers on screening effects, including "Constraints on energetic particles in the Fleischmann–Pons experiment" and "Models for excess heat in PdD and NiH". In these papers, he discusses the impact of screening effects on fusion rates and the constraints on energetic particles in experiments. Hagelstein also explores the sensitivity of secondary neutron yield to different assumptions about screening energies.

There is no way a Google search could be this helpful!

This will probably work even better after I upload the rest of the library.

• I can’t thank you enough JedRothwell , this is going to keep most of us absorbed finding stuff we weren’t even aware was there. Fascinating. May the LENR community really appreciate the powerful tool it has been offered.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• You do not have to search for exact words, the way you do with a Google search. It can find similar ideas with different wording.

Here is an example!

Me: List some experiments with x-ray film placed in electrochemical cells.

ChatGPT came back with the word "autoradiograph," which is probably a better search term:

Several experiments have used x-ray film placed in electrochemical cells to monitor radiation emissions. These include experiments by Miles (China Lake, USN) and M Srinivasan (Bhabha Atomic Research Center (BARC)) using dental x-ray film autoradiography on the outside of the cells, as well as experiments by Karabut et al using photographic film in contact with the cathode over a period of 7-12 days. The film closest to the cathode showed the greatest exposure, and the resulting autoradiographs showed dark areas indicating greater activity.

This is a short answer that you can build on, rather than 9 pages of links generated by Google. It is a coherent answer.

What were the criteria for selecting papers to include in the database?

According to the data provided, the criteria for selecting papers to include in the LENR-CANR database were based on whether they were successfully rated according to criteria met and presence of heat. The present scheme lumps together all papers that meet the same number of criteria. It would be desirable to consider particular subsets of the four criteria, rather than simply the count, expanding the number of cases from 5 to 16. The ability to handle substantially more papers might make that feasible.

Quoted conversation from https://lenr-canr.org/wordpress/?page_id=2988

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

Edited 3 times, last by Frogfall ().

• Very sorry about this misunderstanding, well chatgpt doesn't interest me at all however the answer its provided to you was, very interesting :)

What Curbina said is right. You can go to LENR CANR and ask ChatGPT yourself. If you are real sweet to her, maybe she will give you Rossi's secret sauce (catalyst). :)

• Tom Grimshaw (has not converted yet) at University of Texas, and the University of Utah have extensive libraries?

U. Utah is not on line as far as I know. I visited them years ago. Their special collection of cold fusion papers consists of several shelves of paper books and boxes of paper. The papers are from the National Cold Fusion Institute. Many of the books were donated by Charles Beaudette, years before he died. I have most of the books, such as ICCF3. I have scanned and uploaded most of them.

Special Collections Marriott Library

Incidentally, if people paid attention to the results from the National Cold Fusion Institute, every scientist on earth would know that cold fusion is real. (Except THH, of course.)

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.