Please suggest topics for LENR Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

• The ChatGPT bot at LENR-CANR.org allows a Custom Q&A. I just started exploring it. You enter a question and then write the answer. When someone asks that question, or one a lot like it, the Bot gives your answer. I added this question as a test, in the top bot, CHATBOT 1 INDEX:

Question:

What is a good introduction to cold fusion?

Answer:

We recommend McKubre, M.C.H., Cold Fusion (LENR) One Perspective on the State of the Science. https://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/McKubreMCHcoldfusionb.pdf

When you ask that question, verbatim, that canned answer displays. A variation on that question also displays that answer: "Where can find an introduction to cold fusion?"

When you ask a rather different question, it synthesizes an answer, as usual:

Where can I find basic information about cold fusion?

You can find basic information about cold fusion in several sources. One source is the paper by Storms, E. titled "Cold Fusion for Dummies" which provides a brief history of the field and answers three basic questions about cold fusion: Why are some people so hostile to the claims; why should a person believe the claims are real; and why should anyone care if the claims are real or not? Another source is the paper by Biberian, J.P. titled "Condensed matter nuclear science (cold fusion): an update" which provides an overview of the evidence for cold fusion and the lack of a satisfactory theory explaining the unique characteristics of condensed matter nuclear science. Additionally, the paper by Fleischmann, M. and S. titled "The key features of such 'Cold Fusion' systems are described" describes the key features of cold fusion systems. Finally, the paper by Kowalski, L. titled "Recent cold fusion claims: are they valid?" provides a review of the claims made in the field of cold fusion.

This sort of works. It could be giving the same McKubre reference by coincidence:

Is there an introduction to cold fusion?

Yes, there are several introductions to cold fusion available. One recommended introduction is "Cold Fusion (LENR) One Perspective on the State of the Science" by McKubre, M.C.H. Another introduction is "An Introduction to Cold Fusion" by Li, X.Z. which was published in Science Daily in 1990. There are also other introductions available, such as "Warming Up to Cold Fusion" by Weinberger, S. and "Background to Cold Fusion: the Genesis of a Concept" by Fleischmann, M.

So, anyway, tell me what Q&A's you think I should add. If you can think of two or three ways the question might be asked, I can enter all three, with the same answer.

• What government labs, or agencies, have done LENR research?

What government funding has been given to private labs for LENR research?

Name the for-profit private companies formed to commercialize LENR?

How many LENR, or related, patents been applied for, and how many approved by the USPTO, and EU?

• It is clear what type of particle emissions are produced by Cold Fusion Experiments?

It comes up a pretty good answer for that without a canned answer. It says:

Yes, it is known that cold fusion experiments produce less radiation than expected when detection is attempted outside of the apparatus. However, detected radiation clearly shows that nuclear reactions are occurring and provides information about the process. Cold fusion is found to produce helium and occasionally tritium. The helium is expected to originate as energetic alpha particles and the tritium as energetic tritons. Gamma and x-ray spectrometry may be employed to determine the energy and probable cause of these photon emissions. Activation products, radioactive nuclei resulting principally from neutron-nuclei and to a lesser extent proton-nuclei capture reactions, can serve as important evidence and indicators of specific cold fusion reactions.

Given the stochastic nature of the LLM it will come up with a different answer next time.

• What government labs, or agencies, have done LENR research?

What government funding has been given to private labs for LENR research?

Name the for-profit private companies formed to commercialize LENR?

How many LENR, or related, patents been applied for, and how many approved by the USPTO, and EU?

I wouldn't know the answers to most of those questions! If you want to provide the answers, I would consider adding them.

Those are not questions the Bot can answer from the literature, so perhaps we should address them.

• What papers by Bush and Eagleton show particle emissions from a Cold Fusion system?

She says:

There are several papers by Bush and Eagleton related to cold fusion, but the one that specifically mentions particle emissions is "Experimental Studies Supporting the Transmission Resonance Model for Cold Fusion in Light Water: II. Correlation of X-Ray Emission with Excess Power", which was presented at the Third International Conference on Cold Fusion in 1993.

That is the kind of specific information we should leave to the Bot to answer. The Q&A I have in mind would be broad questions that people are likely to ask that would not be directly answered in the technical literature.

• How much damage has been done to the environment by Hot Fusion experiments/ITER?
    • Are proponents of LENR more susceptible than average to conspiracy theories?
    • Is Andrea Rossi a leading LENR researcher, or just a space alien?
    • Which is more scientific: string theory, astrology, or phrenology?
    • How often does Alan Smith manufacture meth, and what is its quality.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.