Hydrino, small hydrogen, LENR and Simon Brink & Randell Mills. The new possibility?

• With explosives in general, the way that reaction rates are slowed don is by adding inert fillers, The Germans did this when they began to run short of Amatol, adding salt to make up the volume.

I would recommend that this experiment is done under near-vacuum or better - generally if you create a sudden high-current discharge inside a tube with much gas in the sudden shock-wave and thermal expansion it creates inside will cause it to shatter in a fairly energetic way. What ElonM called 'rapid unscheduled disassembly'. ;)

• With explosives in general, the way that reaction rates are slowed don is by adding inert fillers, The Germans did this when they began to run short of Amatol, adding salt to make up the volume.

I would recommend that this experiment is done under near-vacuum or better - generally if you create a sudden high-current discharge inside a tube with much gas in the sudden shock-wave and thermal expansion it creates inside will cause it to shatter in a fairly energetic way. What ElonM called 'rapid unscheduled disassembly'. ;)

Surely it will. There's however strong difference between energy range/level of the processes, but I don't understand the need for very high vacuum, it will just yield additional cost and problems, but it may be better though, I can't argue on that.

• For anybody who is contemplating this kind of high-voltage thing, there are lots of useful comments in this video about making 'flash graphene' using a high voltage discharge inside a Quartz tube.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• For anybody who is contemplating this kind of high-voltage thing, there are lots of useful comments in this video about making 'flash graphene' using a high voltage discharge inside a Quartz tube.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yep, this might be helpful.

• There are no deep fractional states. What Mills and others did measure are resonances not real states.

The only weak p-p bond (H*-H*/ D*/D*) that exists is close (about 98%) to Mills 1/4 Dihydrino...

But you got me thinking... Why Mills talking only about H(1/4)? Why not H(1/8) for example? This should produce much more energy. This is strange indeed.

• Why Mills talking only about H(1/4)?

Mills is mainly talking about H2(1/4) nowadays... not H(1/4)

used to call it "dihydrino."..

now he calls it "molecular hydrino"

He had some evidence for a small energy spike at around 500 e v

which he attributed to energy release

when "H2(1/4)" forms from ordinary hydrogen

H2>>> H2(1/4)

BUT,,not very much evidence for the 100...or more other "hydrinos" "dihydrinos"

"Fig. 3. EPR of postulated molecular hydrino H2(1/4) caged in solid Ga(O)OH polymer."

Electron paramagnetic resonance proof for the existence of molecular hydrino
    Quantum mechanics postulates that the hydrogen atom has a stable ground state from which it can be promoted to excited states by capture of electromag…
    www.sciencedirect.com

• I have really good hopes for Simon's works. It may explain transitions to deep fractional states and LENR induced by it. Many catalysts as well. Mills never really tried to go deeper than H(1/4) as far as I can tell. This is suspicious. I suspect he just doesn't know of any suitable catalyst for that, or perhaps, doesn't think it is needed at all for his reactors and research. Which is not so strange compared to other theories & explanations. It still would be interesting if it is possible in reality with suitable catalysts and enough energy for start.

• Mills never really tried to go deeper than H(1/4)

H2(1/4) .maybe he just got lucky. his hydrino theory suggested shrunken H

.he went looking for shrunken H..

and had enough ego/charisma/ 4 to find it...

but only shrunken H2

but he also needs to support all of his GUTCP (including the hydrino gospel)

as this is infallible..

sometimes people get stuck in their pet theories for decades.. it happens with

LENR research..many kinds of research

He may have actually tried to find more.. but rationalised away the null result.

still 500 ev from H2 is much more than combustion

but a lot less than 23Mev from D2>>>He

• ±250 eV/atom is not good enough when you think about it. In that case, why not just stick with fission reactors? They release much more 😁.

In fact, even if it will only generate 1/4 state, which I doubt, using deuterium will likely provide good results given the fact of previous "anomalies". It is by far, most realistic LENR scenario, as far as I can tell 😄. (Maaaaybe palladium comes close...)

• It seems that COP can be quite high due to combination of "super-chemical" reactions and LENR. That's my speculations, but still think it is worth a try. I can't possibly imagine/formulate a better fuel on theories of pico-hydrogen, LENR, Hydrino etc. It just simultaneously includes every ingredient for a great stew, from all points of view.

• I found some information on transition of H to H(1/17) by using H(1/4) as a catalyst, releasing enormous 3.48 keV, as stated by Mills himself. I also found that total energy from H to H(1/137) is around 500 keV, which really suites Low-Energy-Nuclear-Reactions range. It seems that Mills himself doesn't know of any catalyst besides Hydrino itself that will be able to produce transitions to lower state than H(1/6). I don't know if Simon Brink predicted any transitions using Hydrino as a catalyst itself, as far as I can tell it seems not, he didn't. Big difference.

• found some information on transition of H to H(1/17) by using H(1/4) as a catalyst, releasing enormous 3.48 keV,

As already said. single H(1/17) hydrinos cannot exist. Mills formula is just a mathematical fantasy that neglects basic physics like charge conservation.

Clusters of H*-H* can reach more deep bonds but then they fuse to 4-He in a very nasty process. Also a fusion to 12-C is possible that exists only as a matrix and then decays to 3-He, 4-He,D etc... See IAEA tables.

On the other side we have so called Halo nuclei where a proton exists close the nucleus as Dufour did show. Here so far we have no calculations that give exact energies as it would depend on the nucleus too.

Please be aware that there is no strong force that will attract the proton and fuse it with the nucleus even if it touches the surface. Its all a matter of EM flux interaction and fusion most of the time needs a complex flux reorganization.

With the SO(4) physics model I can approach the flux structure and make predictions which reactions could run. But here we walk on new ground. At least the Nickel model shows that it (some even isotopes can be stimulated by pulsed fields).

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.