ISCMNS - The International Society for Condensed Matter Nuclear Science. Why not Join?

• The International Society for Condensed Matter Nuclear Science is the organising body for many conferences and workshops on LENR topics. Membership is free and forum members are invited to join. For various reasons including the poor health of the Secretary entering you into the membership list may take a little time, but it will be done

Membership of the Society

You can find the current list of members here.

Membership is open to anyone with an interest in Condensed Matter Nuclear Science. Although we are a multi-disciplinary scientific society, many non scientists including politicians, journalists, industrialists and educators have an interest and a contribution to make.

The Society is a limited liability corporation but members are not shareholders. They do not own the Society and they cannot sell or transfer their membership. Their liability in the case that the Society cannot pay its debts is limited to €1 each.

You can join by signing the Individual application form and sending it to the address on the form.

Membership of ISCMNS is now free. Fees were abolished on 1 October 2022.

Institutions and firms should apply using this Institutional Application Form. Currently institutional members may nominate an unlimited number of representatives and all will be entitled to discounts (if any) for ISCMNS services. However all members of whatever category have only 1 vote each.

Strictly speaking you do not become a legal member of the Society until your name and details are entered into the official register of Members (at the registered office in England of the Society). So there may be some delay after your membership is accepted before you can vote. However even if you have not paid membership dues you will generally be eligible for discounts at meetings so long as the dues are paid at that meeting.

Membership Benefits

1. Meetings sponsored by ISCMNS.
    2. Communication with fellow members all over the world.
    3. Members may purchase the ISCMNS DVD-ROM.
    4. Members in good standing may vote and stand for office.
    5. Members may apply to the [email protected] to add a link to their own home page, if this may be of interest to members.
    6. A membership certificate.
  • I'm currently the ISCMNS membership secretary and due to issues we have with access the ISCMNS email and website, I will be adding new members on request to me directly until ICCF25, or the said issues are sorted.

If anyone has sent an application via email to join ISCMNS and not had any confirmation back, you can send me a message.

If you have not applied before you should and all you need to do is ask before ICCF25.

You can send me a DM on Telegram (@petedarling) or on here.

• If you will Pete , please put me in as an ISCMNS member. If anything, it will look good on my resume. :)

And BTW: Thanks for stepping up to the plate for ISCMNS, and LF. Probably more than you signed up for...like the rest of us. But at least it's for a good cause.

• I do have one little question. On the "Application for Individual Membership" form, there is the following line:

I agree that my address may be appear on the list of members as required by Law.

And as mentioned in above posts, the membership list is freely downloadable.

Which UK law says that ordinary members of a society, formed as a company "limited by guarantee", are required to have their addresses appear on a freely circulated list? (I've been an ordinary member of several "limited by guarantee" societies over the years - and have never been required to publish my address publicly).

It's true that contact addresses for Officers of the company are available via the UK Companies House website. But ordinary members?

How does this square with UK data protection law? https://www.gov.uk/data-protection

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

Edited 2 times, last by Frogfall ().

• RELAX.

The new members list will not be public. At the moment we are working with some legacy software and antique T&C's. We are at some point soon. building a new website and that will not display member details. And in the interim, the current public list will not change.

• Thanks Alan Smith for the prompt reply, and reassurance. But my question was about the statement that it was a legal requirement.

I'm genuinely interested in the legal position - and I wouldn't like to see the society fall foul of GDPR, or be accused of bending the truth by claiming something was a legal requirement, when it wasn't.

Maintaining an internal memberhip list, with contact details, is something all societies do. And many do circulate membership lists between members, albeit redacted where personal permission hasn't been granted. However, the internet has changed the way information gets used, and it has taken a while for laws to adjust.

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

Edited once, last by Frogfall ().

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.