Is Lugano E-cat simply a single phase load with two coils?

• Official Post

Hi all,

Since long what make me puzzled about the test results is that about the current the sum of (effective) current on two wires was equal to the current in the third wire.

In fact the only simple hypothesis is that the 3 current are more or less synchronous, ie that is is a single phase.

If for example there was identical pulse going on one wire, then the other, the effective current of the sum would be square root of 2 times each current... not twice. if triphase sinusoidal, you would find square root of 3 somewhere...

so finally, like for the TPR1, and as the recent photo with 3 E-cat independently laying on test-rack, it is probable that E-cat is single-phase.

the reason of the 3 wires is strange, but there can be simple reasons, especially if you remember LENR literature.

It is common in LENR to have the reaction be more active when the material is changing state, is "breathing"...
    maybe the two coils are "left" and "right" or "middle" and "extremities", and the controller is simply rocking the cat , right and left, to make the cat purr. It can also prevent the cat to go crazy and melt down... ?(

what is you opinion on that speculation... I find it more simple...

• Official Post

As the recent photography shows it is designed for industrial application where phase balance is important.
    As soon as you consume few dozen kW, the electric company ask you to use 3 phase and to balance your consumption.
    One advantage also is with 3phase dimmer, that the deforming power (harmonics) injected in the grid is reduced...

normally the electric company will ask you to reduce that deforming power, and the reactive power, or will make you pay for it (it consume energy in the grid because it is effective current heating wires without transporting active power).

Maybe their complex work today with 1MW heat (probably 100kWe) will be also to reduce the deforming power by switching intelligently.
    Their simple triphase dimmer seems a bit rough for that, and one need passive filters or more probably today some active switcher power factor compensator... I don't know for 100kW installations, but you find that both in computers supplies, and in grid compensators groups.

note that a 3phase wattmeter can measure precisely power whatever is the phase relation and waveform of voltage and current, provided you have 3 wires (and bandwidth match), and even single phase, two-phase, not realy phases...

One of the usage of that kind of high bandwidth powermeter is to measure those harmonics, the reactive power deforming power associated with harmonics, detect transients, defects, resonances...

If I have a critic on Rossi's setup it is to be a bit rough here. I imagine that the 1MW powerplant will be better filtered.
    When he describe the orchestration of a hundred E-cat, each probably independently stabilized by 1/3rd of a triphase dimmer and a thermocouple, I understand the hell for the electric side.

For peopel ineterested it is an active industry, to compensate power factor
    for computers
    http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/cn/AppNotes/cn531747.pdf
    or for grids
    http://thescipub.com/PDF/ajassp.2007.508.515.pdf

a bit off topic I agree.
    anyway 3phase is all but absurd for a device designed to work in cluster.

• Official Post
  • The following from the patent may be of interest:

'The power supply used in the third experiment was not a three-phase supply, but single-phase supply. That is, the TRIAC power supply used in the second experiment was replaced by a controller circuit having three-phase power input and single-phase output, mounted within a housing. '

• And a post by Thomas Kaminski from Ecatworld

'Last year's test was in reality, a single phase connection. A
    reversed clamp would have shown zero power in, leading to an INFINITE
    COP. Unlikely that would have snuck through. The test configurations
    were different. Those who say the same "reversed clamp" could explain
    the last test's COP are smoking something.'

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.