E-Cat Stanley Steamer

• So what about the tempature needed for steam engines in trains, steam powered ships and of course automobiles - plus trucks - does a steamer have the torque to pull my 5th wheel,
    should if it can pull trains! This is all old tech and should be easy to implement, instead of having to reinvent the wheel :D . Love to see the old style Steam locamotive and side paddle Steam ships! :thumbup: Can the 1 gram E-Cat do it???

• Official Post

not so sure today it is the simplest techniques to use 19th century tech.

Today there is good turbines, and why not turbo from ICE engines, which are the cheapest turbine I know since mass produced.

add to that alternators like in electric hybrid, or even car starters.
    add car batteries , or golf cart batteries (they endure intermediate depth discharge unlike car batteries)...
    and you have a cheap LENR hybrid car...

the real revolution in LENR will be to make cheaper, because the fuel is very cheap and there is no interest in wasting investment cost with high efficiency.

anyway I've discussed with a car design engineer (the kind who design waste heat recuperators or modern indexed gear box) who said me that an ICE cost is 700Euro, and that a thermal engine (rankine or brayton) could be that cheap if mass produced unless power plant turbines.

I follow the work of waste heat recuperation technologies like the one of Exoes, and I see that they will be the kind of guys to ask for that job.

• O, I'm just a hopeless romantic, been setting up my christmas tree and putting the locamotive steam train under it, just thinking how nice it would be with all that energy to make steam, it would be great to have some of the things from simpler days. Back a hundred and twenty years ago you did not have to pay for electricity or gas for your car, you were not dependent on someone else to supply your needs.,

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.