Peter Metz Member
  • Male
  • Member since May 10th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Peter Metz

My view is that IH, in entering the license agreement, was paying Rossi for rights to his technology. Initial payment was $11.5M. If however Rossi could demonstrate that the technology was commercial ready (or near commercial ready) -- that is it can produce at commercial levels (1MW) and be reliable enough for commercial use (1 Year with reasonable downtime) -- then the technology is mature and worth an additional $89M. So the requirement of a one year test at a 1MW level seems quite reasonable to me. This may have been overreach by Rossi but perhaps the only way Rossi could get IH to agree to the $89M price.

The GPT was to be the mechanism for showing this. That the GPT (and the rest of the license agreement) was so poorly defined is a another issue.

Happy New Year everyone and a big thanks to the moderators and contributors of this forum. Let's hope in the coming new year we finally get closure on the 'Rossi Effect.'

Peter Metz

My bad about the subpoenas. I hate when that happens.

Who objected to the subpoena's seems consistent with who the 3rd-parties are associated with so I'm not surprised at this.

I agree that IH has so many approaches to getting the civil suit tossed, agreement or not. I hope IH pursues this to the fullest extent, but of course it's their money, effort, and time and may not be in their best interests.

Found this under the linkedin page for Reactance Engineering (thanks Alex):

Reactance Engineering provides contract engineering services in the following areas:
    Design and implementation of Factory Process Control Systems
    Local Area and Wide Area Networking.
    Quality Assurance
    Robotics

Seems highly appropriate however the work history for this James Bass does not seem to be entirely consistent with these specialties.

Abd:

Three? Two quashed, one abated (either now quashed or pending).

If James A Bass is a contrived name/position then that would support IH's claim of a fraudulent scheme. Agreed.

If James A Bass is real and is associated with a legitimate UK chemical processing company, that may induce IH to settle out of court since there is a much stronger likelihood that this company can refute IH's claims of fraud and incorrect ERV performance. I don't think they know yet who this company is.

James A Bass importance is mostly to try to get who he works for, either a legitimate concern or to Rossi.

I agree that things do not look good for Rossi but when money is involved who knows (they may settle out of court at the expense of full disclosure of what really happened).

Abd: You are right that the two quashed subpoenas may not have anything to do with James A Bass. But they could very well be related to the James A Bass identity, we don't know. It's my conjecture that they probably are given that the 3rd (and weakest) subpoena is about James A Bass. I could be wrong.

Jed: You say that James A Bass does not exist, but from IH's Amended Answer (Doc 30, Page 28, Statement 21): "Third-Party Defendant “Bass,” upon information and belief, is a citizen of Florida with a primary residence in this judicial district." Sounds like they have a very good idea who he is. This also fits very well with MrSelfSustain's conjecture. The correlations are quite strong, IMO. IH just needs some confirming evidence, like billing information from a phone carrier or payroll information from JM Products accountant....

[Edit: It still could be that James A Bass is an alias.]
    [Edit: The Amended Answer (Doc 30, Page 45, Statement 78 still says this: "Despite diligent search, Counter-Plaintiffs have not been able to identify or locate “Bass,” for the simple reason that he does not exist."]

IH may not have any idea who James A Bass is and is trying to find him using subpoena's, two of them which were quashed. I would love to know why the Judge quashed these two -- perhaps to avoid a general witch hunt with the subpoenas.

It may also be that IH has a good idea of who James A Bass is (based on physical description) but needs a stronger link. Hence they are trying to associate the account information of the phone number to this James A Bass (doubtful this will lead to anyone other than Henry Johnson the lawyer and president of JM Products) or paycheck stubs to a social security number etc.

I think the person (or his son) identified by MrSelfSustain is a strong possibility given what we know (which is very little).

Good lead! Further Internet sleuthing shows James Alan Bass has a son Andy Bass who may also use the name James A. Bass. Also the property address is a back lot fronted by another lot which is also owned by James A. Bass. I hope this helps the proper parties track down the identity of the real James A. Bass.

Dewey Weaver:

Didn't mean to imply that Rossi did indeed refuel--only the possibility that it may have occurred. All information from Rossi's Blog. Here's a comment on ECW by LuFong that gives the timeline and raises some interesting questions. It all seemed to happen within a day or so. No doubt IH has video to verify this?

https://disqus.com/home/discus…ified/#comment-2772942956

I believe Rossi has stated before that it is a non-trivial process to change the fuel. Based on all the people vouching for the isotopic analysis, it appears to me that at least the ash was sampled at some point. I cannot imagine any time other than here at the end. I think you must realize that the fuel analysis could be the smoking gun for Rossi OR IH depending on what it shows assuming the analysis was properly done (chain of custody of fuel and ash).

Thanks for the information and keep us posted!

Peter Metz

Dewey Weaver,

According to Rossi (on his blog), the 1MW plant had been shutdown to change the fuel (the day before the 1MW test ended). It seems to me that if the ash was sampled, this was the time. It may also be possible that the reactors no longer have any fuel in them or a fresh batch. Rossi seems to be one step ahead of IH?

Good luck,
    Peter Metz

AND HERE IS AN UPDATE OF TODAY, JULY 8TH:
    The past three days have been holidays for most, but for us have been a tremendous period of work during which we made a historic page for what concerns our tech: for the first time, an E-Cat module, entirely produced by our USA Partner in the new factory ( a magnificence), charged with the charge made by the Partner’s CEO, using the materials we teached to buy, prepare,manipulate, treat, to make the charges, assembled , insulated, has started its operation, and the results are the same of the E-Cats built by us. This event means that for the first time an E-Cat not built by me, not controlled by me and not charged by me, not tested in my factory, but manufactured from third parties upon our instructions and know how has worked properly. This is the first unit of the plant that will give to the factory of our USA Partner all its necessary thermal energy, and is also the school ship for the employees. It is very important that it has been completely made by the Customer, not by me: it is the first of millions, but the first is always special. We celebrated with Coca Cola ( alcohol is forbidden in that factory). All the former plants, even if built in the USA, had been supplied with reactors cores made by me, so this is a very important step.

Why didn't Rossi submit the ERV report when he filed his civil suit? I would think that since he is suing for non-payment for the Guaranteed Performance it would be in his best interest to provide this as evidence. (Note however that my reading of the contract states that a positive ERV report is necessary but not sufficient for payment.)