RobertBryant Member
  • Male
  • from Sydney,Australia
  • Member since May 10th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by RobertBryant

I am (slightly) shocked by the level of bias shown here.

What bias..?

Just reporting the news from the desert..

"

And neither is Dr Fareed from California going to back down.

"Local doctor pushing proven treatment of COVID into national debate" https://www.thedesertreview.co…ea-8943-4f707d6ebc1a.html

"My name is Dr. George Fareed. I am a physician in Imperial County, California,

that has been hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic.13143-5f0cc857cf6ec-image-1-jpg

I take care of patients on both an outpatient and inpatient basis, as well as nursing home patients

, the most vulnerable among us.

In this letter, I am proposing a medical strategy that can help us not only through this current crisis

, but also that will enable us to approach outbreaks of COVID-19 that may occur in the future.

In my attempts to keep people alive, I have had an opportunity to use many different types of treatments

— remdesivir, dexamethasone, convalescent plasma replacement, etc.

Yet, by far the best tool beyond supportive care with oxygen

has been the combination of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), with either azithromycin or doxycycline, and zinc.

This "HCQ cocktail" (that costs less than $100) has enabled me to prevent patients from being admitted to the hospital

, as well as help those patients that are hospitalized.

The key is giving the HCQ cocktail early, within the first five days of the disease.

Not only have I seen outstanding results with this approach, I have not seen any patient exhibit serious side-effects.

To be clear — this drug has been used as an anti-malarial and to treat systemic lupus erythematosus as well as rheumatoid arthritis,

and has over a 50-year track record for safety.

It is shocking that it only now is being characterized as a dangerous drug

This Dr. Zelenko is just not going to back down

And neither is Dr Fareed from California going to back down.

"Local doctor pushing proven treatment of COVID into national debate" https://www.thedesertreview.co…ea-8943-4f707d6ebc1a.html

"My name is Dr. George Fareed. I am a physician in Imperial County, California,

that has been hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic.

I take care of patients on both an outpatient and inpatient basis, as well as nursing home patients

, the most vulnerable among us.

In this letter, I am proposing a medical strategy that can help us not only through this current crisis

, but also that will enable us to approach outbreaks of COVID-19 that may occur in the future.

In my attempts to keep people alive, I have had an opportunity to use many different types of treatments

— remdesivir, dexamethasone, convalescent plasma replacement, etc.

Yet, by far the best tool beyond supportive care with oxygen

has been the combination of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), with either azithromycin or doxycycline, and zinc.

This "HCQ cocktail" (that costs less than $100) has enabled me to prevent patients from being admitted to the hospital

, as well as help those patients that are hospitalized.

The key is giving the HCQ cocktail early, within the first five days of the disease.

Not only have I seen outstanding results with this approach, I have not seen any patient exhibit serious side-effects.

To be clear — this drug has been used as an anti-malarial and to treat systemic lupus erythematosus as well as rheumatoid arthritis,

and has over a 50-year track record for safety.

It is shocking that it only now is being characterized as a dangerous drug

From the high priest..Gross ...SM Chronicles in the year 5779...

the next update in 5780 has been cancelled.. Hosanna

"

elementary particle physics is the discovery and understanding of the basic

building blocks of matter and the forces that act on them that is expanded after

the success of the standard model to include our understanding of gravity

dynamical space-time and therefore cosmology in the history of the universe

and I'll be discussing very briefly all of these subjects in very little time"

"culminating at the end of the 20th century in a comprehensive standard theory

it is beautiful

those of us who understand it a bit know what I mean... for others

it might not look so beautiful ...but believe me

it is it's based on deep symmetry principles quantum mechanics relativity and local

symmetries of nature

" we can't no one has ever seen a quark and that ..

we understood is because the vacuum the properties of the quantum vacuum

which is like a medium, a strange medium that pushes squeezes the flux lines of force into a tube and

if you just apply Gauss's law to flux lines that are squeezed into a tube you

will find that the force between the......"

But David...when we sacrifice billions on the altar of a muon collidier..?? we will see a quark?

if I should live so long.. and may you live to 120...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The Proton Sea...From the Cern courier

https://cerncourier.com/a/the-proton-laid-bare/

", a picture in which the flavour properties of the proton are governed by three valence quarks immersed in a sea of quark–antiquark pairs"

'the sea still amounts to only around half of that of the proton.

This missing momentum was termed an energy crisis,

and was solved by the existence of gluons with spin 1

, which bind the quarks together and confine them inside the proton."

"The sea seems to be unpolarised, and about 20% of the proton’s spin is in gluon polarisation,

though it is not possible to measure ..

Nevertheless, it seems unlikely that all of the missing spin is in gluons,

and the puzzle is not yet solved"

However latterday Chaldeans attempt to destroy this Holy Sea

"The F2 data appearing to remain constant for w > 3 in Fig. 2

led Bjorken and Paschos to assume the proton F2 remained constant as x → 0 (11).

Based on this, they developed a case for a proton made of the three quarks,

now called “valence” quarks, immersed in a background of
    quark-antiquark pairs they called a pion cloud, which we call “sea” quarks, today (11).

The JLAB data shows that the Bjorken and Paschos assumption was wrong.

Consequently, their justification for the existence of sea quarks in the proton appears to be invalid."

"https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/66fb/a7247f3d1bb1e077b6965894096f08c01240.pdf?_ga=2.65038510.1621016044.1594637804-1882556141.1594144327

Proton structure from electron-proton deep inelastic scattering
    William L. Stubbs

William Stubs.. alternatives to quarks.. Vixra 2019

https://vixra.org/pdf/1912.0083v1.pdf

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.o…804-1882556141.1594144327

"

3. But They Are Not Quarks
    Bjorken and Paschos expected the proton F2
    curve to peak at about x = ⅓, something like the plot
    on the top in Fig. 1. This would show that the
    proton was made of three particles, as Gell-Mann
    predicted.

It did not. Instead, the measured data
    gave the curve on the bottom in Fig. 1.
    Approaching zero from x = 1, the F2 curve rose
    until about x = 1
    ∕5 and appeared to remain constant
    within a wide scattering of data points for the
    duration of the available data. From this result,
    Bjorken and Paschos concluded that the proton was
    not made of just three particles and therefore, not
    made of Gell-Mann’s three quarks

Strange when HCQ has been so much studied

thousands of patients on 2400 mg/day is the Wreckovery study..

which incompetent pharmacist checked that dose....?? the routine dosing is 200-400 mg..

When selfcongratulatory Landray writes..

“If more people took the RECOVERY model, or something like it, did that for the drugs they were interested in,

in the patients they’re interested in, in their part of the world … we make progress an awful lot quicker,” said Landray.

I take it that he is not talking about the HCQ part of the study..

http://covexit.com/oxford-prof…soir-newspaper-denies-it/

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I was looking at the cover of my 1992 statistics textbook and there was this old picture on it about NY

The current Covid death rate is about ~2/1000 which looks like the red peak below..

Of course the numbers are bigger in 2020 but history puts the % in perspective..

I've edited the post to keep you happy,

It neither makes me neither happy or sad whatever THH writes

but when he attributes 'will convince' to me = 100% probability of convincing??

it is not Bayesian

it is THHist hyperbole...and I don't think like that at all.. I am not God..

o que sera ..sera . por Deus

now I need a box of rat poison

to warfarinise yourself is no simple procedure... you need to get a physcian to prescribe for you..and also have several days worth of blood clotting times (INR) diagnosed..

otherwise you may end up like a poisoned rat..becaus eof an overdose of warfarin

anticoagulation monitoring via INR can be DIY.. but it still costs.. the Roche Coaguchek is expensive and the little test strips are also exoensive.. my Dad has been doing that for

20 years without any massive bleeding episodes..but he has to keep his diet fairly constant...no bingeing on alcohol or green veges..

Anticoagulation , like dexamethasone... is probably only useful when you get hospitalised with severe virally induced inflammation..

when you have close medical supervsion anyway( hopefully)

The wise thing is to employ other defensive means first

social distancing ( in rural areas it is easier).. hand hygiene... Vitamin D...... vitamin C..

hesperidin does seem to have some justification to it .. citrus juice in moderation..

oh for a secluded place in the country..with orange trees..

RB - you are .. clever enough to know:It will convince many here... it is statistically fraudulent.

"will " = a THH assumption

'clever' has nothing to do with it

I am not assumptive enough to say "will" .. perhaps "may" is a better word

" is statistically Fraudulent" = THH non sequitiur =

n=1 is not statistics ... the mean and standard deviation are undefined if n=1

where does fraudulent even come in??? except in the THH attempt to inject fraud

now if one gets an accumulation of anecdotes... then it is possible to get statistics... with n>!.. and that is happening progressively

in the end THH's statistical wordplay is nonstatistical rhetoric

Max.... is this Russian... its not so verbose.... I think

More anecdotal evidence for.. HCQ..

https://www.usatoday.com/story…oquine-column/5397728002/

Warning;)

look away .. those who live and die by randomised controlled trials only

"My father, who is 96 years old, felt suddenly fatigued back in March

with some shortness of breath and fever.

He laid down on his couch and said he didn’t think

he was going to get up again. He has heart disease and a pacemaker,

and his cardiologist weighed the options

and agreed to start him

on hydroxychloroquine. He was much better within a day.

"Dr. Marc Siegel, a member of USA TODAY's Board of Contributors

and a Fox News medical correspondent,

is a clinical professor of medicine and medical director of Doctor Radio at NYU Langone Health

Of course, informed opinion is the lowest level of evidence

Is it surprising how much of medical practice is NOT based on Level 1.?

Not really ..Level I evidence is expensive and time consuming.,,

But maybe it was just the placebo effect????

I am not experienced enough to be sure which studies can be trusted.

Take dexamethasone..then Hail Mary.. the 28d mortality is still 20%

dexamethasone was being used in plenty of hospitals before the Recovery 'discovery' RCT

Dexa is a common option for all kinds of serious inflammatotry conditions..

but there is a problem ... it reduces the immune response of the body..

so its a balance between reducing the immune reponse and reducing the inflammatory process

The response of doctors in the field

.. So .. 6000 patients, 2,000,000 sterling of RCT and Oxford proves Dexamethasone works.. sometimes???

and late HCQ doesn't work.....

"Is that it?

Then we look at the Landray HCQ botchup,, HCQ given at toxic doses and its used for amebic dysentery?????

http://covexit.com/oxford-prof…soir-newspaper-denies-it/

99.9 % of our lived lives are based on nonrandomised unblinded evidence.

The RCT evidence for early treatment of community acquired Covid with HCQ + Zn + Azithromycin is at least 6 months away

because of the difficulty of coordinating community based doctors with separate and small varying patient numbers..

the closest thing to it is Costa Rica.. where they are getting community suspects into hosptial ASAP and treating ASAP..

As Zelenko said... like the Marine in war we act on the best availbale evidence at the time and we adjust.. tactically

the problem with the imposed governmentl restrictions on a well-tolerated drug with few side effects like HCQ

is that this freedom for adjustment has been curtailed..

The only reason I am not worried is that the people close to me in NZ, Sydney and Japan don't need HCQ..right now

we are not at war

but if I was in the UK with the current death rates I wouldn't be just sitting around on LF ,

I'd be outside Downing St with a placard.

I'm not exactly against it, because it may have some efficacy, but I am against the way people here continue to promote it as obviously a magic bullet

THHtwisted truth.!

No one here is promoting HCQ obviously as a magic bullet

but you have more chance of survival with early HCQ + Zn +A than with deathbed dexamethasone

whimsical "WMD"

Donald Rumsfeld erstwhile Eaglescout from Illinois

along his sticky path from aspartame to Afghanistan.. https://www.huffpost.com/entry…msfeld-and-the-s_b_805581

there was a little dalliance with Gilead..

Donald H. Rumsfeld Named Chairman of Gilead Sciences Foster City, CA -- January 3, 1997

Remdesevir

Headliines ..its just been approved in Australia as the first anti-Covid drug... whoopee do.. for those in severe distress on a ventilator..

there are known knowns and unknown unknowns

and disknown knowns

known by Eaglescouts alone.