RobertBryant Member
  • Male
  • from Sydney,Australia
  • Member since May 10th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by RobertBryant

assume Mizuno followed the paper which assumes that velocity is flat across the pipe, and therefore the velocity as calculated from the blower power, measured be the anenometer, is used, multipled by pi*r*r to get the volumetric airflow.

Here we go

Wrong assumption. "which assumes that velocity is flat across the pipe,"

Where does it state this in the a paper??

Normally when one takes a velocity traverse the different circles/annuli relevant to the of the measured are taken into account.

You are assuming horseshit.

Do you assume Mizuno knows less fluid mechanics than you know?

You could crunch the numbers again and come up with small variants of it

So what formula have you used?

What velocity profile have you used.

at r=0 cm r= 1cm, 2cm 3 cm?

What is the accuracy of this profile 5%,10% 15% ...do you know?

In 2017, only 10% of heat was produced from renewables.”

In New Zealand today

81% electricity is from renewables according to the recent dashboard ...

https://www.transpower.co.nz/power-system-live-data

This figure ignores the energy use for transport which is almost entirely fossil fuels

The average consumer paying 36cNZ per kWh doesn't care about renewable/ non-renewable

they want something cheaper. geothermal/ wind are only economic compared to coal/gas burning

The LENR reactor of Mizuno would definitely be a gamechanger if made commercial

I will therefore simply block RB and not prod him further and hope he seeks some help.

God Bless you B2... I was referring to your lovely and commendable habit

of defending THHnew's calculating ability which you have done in several outbursts so far.

I think one post is in clearance,

I wish THHnew luck

especially with regard to calculating theoretical velocity profiles which as yet seems

to be beyond their/his/its capability

Re: SOT's "Its a bomb claim"

which B2 used as an excuse to launch an Off topic personal attack

without addressing this classic sottish comment

"

Geez man, what's the matter with you? The reactor won't be at 500 Pascals if the reaction runs away and vaporizes the nickel mesh, will it?"

The MP of 316 stainless steel of which the reactor is composed is about 1400C.

If SOT asserts that the 5 Litre reactor will explode at this temperature...

calculation shows that the pressure of the 3 mg of deuterium at this temperature will be 1405 Pascals.

The pressure at this temperature due to nickel mesh vaporising is zero...

because the BP of Nickel is 2730 C.

If the reactor fails because of overheating.. it will not be by a bang or a whimper

but by a squeak... as the atmosphere at 101,325 Pascals rushes in to fill a virtual vacuum.

SOT's recommendation for a pressure relief valve or burst disc is founded on zero calculation.

I doubt whether those who can do high school chemistry do not know this already.

do you know the world energy portion used only to heat homes and others

In tropical counties virtually zero.

In temperate countries much more.
    eg in NZ

"“In 2013, electricity was used for heating in 79.2 percent of occupied private dwellings, up from 74.8 percent in 2006, and 72.0 percent in 2001.”"

There is not much gas heating In NZ due to less reserves of natural gas and less reticulation.

"An estimated 27% of NSW households used reverse cycle air conditioning as the main type of heating, 25% used other types of electric heating and 23% used gas heating. Wood heating was used by 11% of NSW households as the main type of heating, with the greater proportion of those being outside Sydney in the Balance of NSW"

so a significant amount of heating is by electricity much of it at a COP of 1.

Mizuno was born in one the coldest city in Hokkaido... Asahigawa

Asahikawa (旭川), Hokkaido is the coldest place in Japan. Here the temperature often gets into -30℃ on a regular basis.

But on Feb. 17, 1987 they recorded Japan's lowest temperature ever at -41.2℃

Mizuno has identified home heating as good potential market in Hokkaido.

Regardless of SOT's fragile emotions the concept of running LENR reactor on a battery charged by solar during the day

is a worthwhile objective. Currently my sister in cool temperate NZ has solar panels 4KW and is offgrid

due to the cost of grid reticulation

... but the night's are a problem especially now 9 degrees C... nothing compared to Hokkaido though.

and Tesla batterie's are way too expensive.

b2 = ,loves thh2??

Thh2 must be feeling taunted to go back 2 years on to rossi

What was the full context

of that history?

God bless the personae

who feel taunted

but if they can't handle technical questions

without getting upset..

Btw b2/thh2/sot

what is the the mp of 316 stainless ,

97000 C?

Quite sad. There are many who can crunch a few numbers but have NO common sense or reality at all

Another technical input from B2. or is it THH2???

Tell me how SOT's nickel mesh can turn into a BOMB pls.

Nickel boiling point 2730 C

Copper boiling point 2562C.

What happens to the copper seals at 2562 C on the reactor?

Calculate the explosive pressure of 3 mg of deuterium 5 litres of reactor volume at 2562 C?

A linear change from 4 to 0 over this part allows (approximately) for a 10% error,

10% error?

Relative to what?

Please show the calculation of what the error is relative to.

Is this another one of those bloopers where Thhnew doesn't know what formula to use?

What velocity profile does THHnew expect in the edge annulus(yellow)?

Is it like A,B or C?

How does the velocity profile vary from Velocity 2m/s to 5m/s at 30C?

What method does THHnew assume that Mizuno used to calculate

the mass flowrate from seven point measurements

and the circular/annular areas pertaining to these.

Does THHnew know how to calculate the expected velocity profile or not?

What equation is THHnew using?

What is the accuracy of this equation for flow in airpipes?

Geez man, what's the matter with you? The reactor won't be at 500 Pascals if the reaction runs away and vaporizes the nickel mesh, will it

Show engineering calculation please SOT...

don't let your angry/upset runaway with you.

"Thanks for the gauge information. I understand the device needs no pressure relief if it's operating normally under a partial vacuum. The question referenced what might happen in the very improbable event that something lets loose inside the reactor, for example an unexpected release of extremely large amounts of heat that converts some parts to a very hot vapor or gas. In that case, it occurred to me that the sealed strong stainless steel container would become a bomb. After all, the reaction and its properties are, as per what was written, entirely unknown. It would seem reasonable enough to add some sort of burst disc or other safety device. Just curious but it's OK. I recall LENR experimenters tend not to use safety barriers and like to live dangerously.

Replicators you have been warned.. Its the BOMB!

Robert, you seem incapable at differentiating proof of concept from engineering issues

This is SOT talking. the engineer who thinks that Mizuno's reactor

at 500 Pascal's needs a pressure relief valve..??:)

as I have shown you in calculation

the 3 mg of deuterium requires a temperature of 90.000 C or so to reach atmospheric pressure?

This sort of inability to understand the source of skepticism is a major reason LENR has never been widely accepted as real... if it is real.

SOT's real scepticism comes from his inability to do these basic engineering calculations

be: "THH knows how to work out absorbed heat, but surprisingly forgot this initially when posting here. A good example of human fallibility".

Horseshit

THHnew has selective memory

THHnew forgot for a long time over many posts until I reminded him of his forgetfulness by showing him the correct formula.

he eventually conceded. (actually it took THHnew about an hour to do the calculations).

The fact is that THHnew never used the proper formula for all his overestimates of wall temperature eg 80C

because THHnew did not know it.

This forgetfulness is quite consistent with THHnew's newbie status in fluid mechanics.

"You are wrong about the re-radiation. That is because at the temperatures I did this calculation (380C reactor vs 80C wall) the re-radiation is less that 10% of the radiation due to the T^4 factor for relatively small gaps." THH

It remains to be seen whether THHnew can calculate the velocity profile

in the edge annulus of pipe flow using the thirty year old literature

One run: therefore errors on the run or how it is processed

the basic calculation in processing is

for the delta temperature's of 12C and 3C

Output = m x Cp x 12

Input= m x Cp x 3

Does THHnew suggest that Mizuno suddenly changed his mass flowrate m by a factor of 10 or or so

or that the the delta T's from the thermistor are in error by a factor of 4? suddenly??

Of course such egregious errors are it is possible if Mizuno is like THHnew who never checks his

5 second effusions on LF. .. But I doubt that Mizuno is so loose.

that would correspond to a ~ 10% error overall - no stepwise change needed.

Figures please

Please show calculation..

the error compared too what?

For the ideal- semi empirical velocity profile in the edge annulus

there are a number of software available undoubtedly but one could use Benedict or StreetWattersVennard(~1990)

There is a textbook somewhere online.

Please show how a systematic error of +10 % or _10%

in the active and the calibration run

in the airmassflowrate would reduce a COP of 300% , 30% to ZERO!

I refer THHNew to the dog

"

Rather than get into the nitty-gritty of the fleas on a dog's rear end

its better to first look at the purpose of the dog
    Is it a police Alsatian a poodle or the next dish at a Shanghai restaurant?

The focus of the calorimetry is output/input.

Calorimetry measures mass flowrate m and temp difference delta T

A rough guide to output/ input is m x Cp x delta T
    Lets say for the calibration/active the delta Ts are 3/3.5

Output = m x Cp x 3.5
    Input= m x Cp x 3

Lets assume the error in m is 10% ..The systematic error due to
    the edge annulus overestimate of velocity is 10%... unrealistically

Dividing Output/Input gives m x (1+10%) Cp x 3.5 divided by m x (1+10%)Cp x 3
    Equals 3.5/3 ....COP = 1.17

The effect of a 10 % systematic error on the O/I is negligible.
    COP equals 1.17 regardless.

People can make quite surprising mistakes, even when neither liars nor insane.

THHuxleynew wrote:

That is because at the temperatures I did this calculation (380C reactor vs 80C wall) the re-radiation is\\

less that 10% of the radiation due to the T^4 factor for relatively small gaps

Unfortumately THHnew does not know how to work out reflected heat.

A proper calculation involves both the emissivity of the reactor wall and the emissivity of the aluminium foil

and gives much more reradiation than 10% .... ~ 30%

walls. The real amount could be higher than this due to 18% error in airflow measurement tolerance (34%).

THHnew's vague calculations of 18%, 34% are based on implausible assumptions.

I estimate much less . The velocity profile in the annular region btw 3 and 3.3 cm is not zero.

A stepwise change from ~ 4m/s to zero m/s is unrealistic.

I would like to suggest a setup for the replication of Misuno’s results that I believe is skeptic-proof

No setup is skeptic proof.

there are skeptics and skeptics..

No skeptic has explained the huge R20 output heat by any calculation of any "artefact"/

although they have tried.

The R20 setup as explained with a simple insulated calorimeter box is sufficient to replicate.