CedricE Member
  • Member since May 22nd 2015

Posts by CedricE

For initiating discrete breathers, I wonder if short pulses of high density current through a lattice would create similar effects as Dr. Dubinko's suggestion for electron beams.
    There's a lot that this theory doesn't explain but it seems like a path that should be explored. It would be great to see theoretical work done on the possible nuclear reactions that discrete breathers could catalyze.

From the paper:
    "One of the perspective ways of triggering LENR is to use electron beams with variable beam energy [41]. The point is that electrons hitting the target atoms displace them from equilibrium positions by the distance depending on the electron energy and the atomic mass. The displaced atoms start vibrating with frequencies inversely proportional to the initial dis-placements. If the frequency (i.e. initial displacement) matches the LAV frequency, a LAV is generated. Therefore, electron irradiation with variable energy provides a method of displacing atoms from their equilibrium positions at any desired dis-tance, which in its turn allows one to fit the beam energy to generate LAVs and hence to trigger LENR."

@me356

If I've understood correctly, you plan on trying different frequencies and waveforms of electric current through the heater coil? Is it possible that you could explain the electrical equipment/setup that you're using (or have created) to do that? Thanks!

Is the purpose of high frequencies of alternating current/magnetic waves to induce lattice vibration waves through the reactants?
    Do we know what range of frequencies we're looking for?

Is it possible that ultrasound could produce similar effects? possibly combined with piezoelectric materials?
    I don't think I know exactly how this would affect the reactants but I'm simply suggesting the idea.

I don't have the knowledge to be able to question the BSM theory but I'm very curious about it. I have two questions:

1) Are there any rebuttals to this theory? Are there any unexplained contradictions or reasons why it might be false?

2) If I'm not mistaken, the BSM-SG theory would explain the lack of radiation from LENR experiments and the reason why the Coulomb barrier isn't preventing the nuclear reactions. Does it also predict the effects of magnetic fields (DC, AC, fuzzy, etc.) in LENR reactions such as the theorized nickel/lithium/hydrogen reaction?

Thanks!

Looking at the excellent pictures and trying to interpret them. It appears the central ceramic "reactor" tube has cracked longitudinally, and early enough in, or before, the failure that one can see the gray deposit on the fracture surfaces. Playing the devil's advocate for the moment: Could the crack have occurred, then the potential difference from one end of the coil to the other end have been shorted through the core which then became even more highly ionized and then [further] melted nickel, (lithium and aluminum) in the interior of the reactor. Perhaps making the reactor a rather short lived "discharge lamp" and further melting the ingredients within the reactor. Also quite possibly driving the temperature well beyond the break even point for excess energy production while precipitating a rapid failure of whatever else failed (which I guess you are saying was not much else).

I don't know if the central core cracks could even have accessed the potential across the coil, but if it could then at least there is something to consider.

I'm still a little fuzzy as to what exactly your structure was, and exactly what we are looking at there. I did look over the now English annotated Parkhomov diagram, and that helps some since you mentioned "like Parkhomov".

What happened during the failure is not very clear to me but your suggestion that initial cracking would've resulted in the overheating makes sense. Would it be possible to use a material for the reactor tube that retains its strength at high temperatures such as inconel or certain steel alloys (AISI 310/316 that I mentioned a few posts ago)?
    Also, the MFMP posts about avoiding water glass is interesting and hints to what could have initiated the failure. I think nickec said it well, this is like chipping at a stone wall and we're about to discover what's on the other side. :)

Although this might be old news for you guys, I'm just discovering the subject of LENR and I thought this would be worth asking. I found this in a Forbes article from 2013:
    "… a cylinder having a silicon nitride ceramic outer shell, 33 cm in length, and 10 cm in diameter. A second cylinder made of a different ceramic material (corundum) was located within the shell, and housed three delta-connected spiral-wire resistor coils. Resistors were laid out horizontally, parallel to and equidistant from the cylinder axis, and were as long as the cylinder itself. They were fed by a TRIAC power regulator device which interrupted each phase periodically, in order to modulate power input with an industrial trade secret waveform. This procedure, needed to properly activate the E-Cat HT charge, had no bearing whatsoever on the power consumption of the device, which remained constant throughout the test. The most important element of the E-Cat HT was lodged inside the structure. It consisted of an AISI 310 steel cylinder, 3 mm thick and 33 mm in diameter, housing the powder charges. Two AISI 316 steel cone-shaped caps were hot-hammered in the cylinder, sealing it hermetically."

Do we know if Andrea Rossi still uses a similar configuration for his hot e-cat? Has anyone tried the spiral-wire resistor coils and/or AISI 316 steel tubes sealed with caps of the same material?

All the best,
    Cedric

The thermocouple is not installed, the experiment will be collected before the second cell without fuel temperature measurements which are held inside and outside and since the findings make the necessary calibration for the working cell. Measurements of the temperature will produce a thermocouple attached to the surface of the reactor.

^This is better translated here:

Thermocouple is not installed; a second fuel cell without actually fuel will be assembled before the experiment and I will measure temperature inside and outside with its help and calibrate the working cell by gathered data. Temperature measurements will be carried out by thermocouple attached to surface of the reactor.