LENR Calender Member
  • Member since May 23rd 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by LENR Calender

Rossi has claimed somewhat recently that [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] is a licensee for the Americas and a few other countries. So clearly they haven't acquired the IP. Just the rights to commercialize the e-cat in some regions of the world.

Chances are Rossi is very protective of his secrets with his licensees, given the Defkalion debacle.

I believe the 1 year test was run in cooperation with [lexicon]IH[/lexicon].

Maybe Rossi had to set some boundaries with [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] and refuse some of their requests. [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] might have lost a bit of their confidence in the process.

From the MFMP website:

Analysis from Bob Higgins in his own words.

"Based on comments from Jones and others, I have done some analysis to determine if the GS5.2 signal in Spectrum-07 could have come from gamma produced from radon gas decay progeny. First, Alan Goldwater produced a map showing the areas where radon levels were high in his area. In the area of his lab, radon levels are low, but they are higher where Jeff Morris did his work. Internet participant, Ecco, found a plot of gammaemissions from radon progeny - I put it here:

https://drive.google.com/file/…4cOM2cnV6U0V5Z3MxSXM/view

I took this graph, digitized it, calibrated the energy scale, and resampled it to the same energy scale and samples as the GS5.2 Spectrum-07 calibrated signal data. Then I hypothesized, what if the Spectrum-07 signal came from radon? So, I normalized the radon progeny spectrum to have the same total counts as the Spectrum-07 signal and overlaid the two on the same graph.You can find the high resolution graph here:

https://drive.google.com/open?…Pc25a4cOM2Yk8xQlNZOHo3ZVk

What can be seen in the overlay is that the two spectra are clearly different. If the GS5.2 Spectrum-07 signal were due to radon progeny gamma, a distinct peak would have been seen at 610 keV, and by contrast, the GS5.2 Spectrum-07 signal is clearly smooth."

Even the most entrenched skeptics can't logically deny that Rossi and Piantelli are among the most successful LENR researchers.

It happens that Piantelli's and Rossi's theories are somewhat consistent with each other. Both have had years of experience running experiments. Rossi used to think that nickel was the main fuel in the Ni-H-Li system, but now understands it is lithium.

It is possible that Piantelli's theory is wrong. However chances are it is consistent with both Rossi's and Piantelli's years of experimental results. Therefore it is useful for would-be replicators. The theory is useful as long as it can make correct predictions.

Newton's law of universal gravitation isn't that universal but it's pretty damn useful. Maybe not the best analogy but you get my point.

We might not all like the style of how the MFMP delivered those recent results (I personally think it could have been done in a more humble way), but a consequence of all that hand waving is that the MFMP has raised more than $5,000 since the whole "reveal".

This means a new optris ,better radiation detection equipment for the replication. Seems like a good thing to me.

Rossi's comments are useful when deciding what hypotheses to prioritize when designing upcoming tests. In a way they complement " Rossi bought some commercial Ni-62", a fact that you found interesting.
    There are two contradictory hypothesis:

1) (Axil) Ni-62 is a dead end and using pure Ni-58 will enhance the reaction.

2) Using enriched Ni (i.e. adding more Ni62) will enhance the reaction.

Based on Rossi's comments, I would guess that (2) is the more likely hypothesis. Therefore, if I was MFMP I would prioritize testing 2 over 1. The lead time for an experiment being 3-4 weeks and the cost of Ni-62 for an experiment being in the hundreds of dollars, this matters quite a bit.

Now regarding the NI-62 is heavier than other isotopes, I have to admit that I am a bit confused as well.

My personal uneducated guess is that the enrichment/transmutation of Nickel in the reactor is taking away frmo the desired reaction.

For example, if we have those two reactions happening:

Ni61 +p -> Ni62 (1)

Li7 +p -> 2 alpha (2)

then having (1) happening could be detrimental to having more of (2) happening.

Back in 2011, Rossi claimed on the JONP that he had found a way to enrich natural nickel:

Andrea Rossi May 30th, 2011 at 8:25 PM:We buy regular Ni powder, then we make a treatment of it wich changes the isotopical composition. In that paper I referred to the powder as we buy it, not to the composition of the powder after the treatment we make. In any case, the composition of Ni, as we buy it, is well known: 58 (67,88%), 60 (26,23%), 61 (1,19%), 62 (3,66%), 64 (1,08%).After that, we change it.

Other Rossi claims from 2011 regarding Nickel enrichment (here I'm paraphrasing- it's all from JONP):

- Ni58 is not eliminated, just reduced
    -"We enrich Ni 62 and 64 isotopes, but this is not an effect of the operation of the reactor."
    - (Regarding the cost of enrichment) "Few hundreds of euros activate for 6 months the 1 MW plant."
    - The reaction would be weaker without enrichment
    - "we have invented a process of ours to enrich Ni without relevant costs"

More recently, he seemed to have implied that he mislead us and the enrichment is a result (side-effect?) of operating the reactor. However he was surprised to find a 99% Ni62 result (possibly a sampling result)

Andrea Rossi: We think that our process, the so called “Rossi Effect”, is , as a serendipity, also a system to produce 62Ni, because only this fact can explain the formation of atoms of stable Cu, even if in very small amounts; we also noticed that using eventually powders of Ni enriched this way, the efficiency of the E-Cats increases. But we are not sure of this fact, because there may have been errors in the analysis, so we are studying , as a side effect , this phenomenon.

why is there lead in the last step of the recipe?

I believe the lead is what turns the emissions into extra heat...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.