bjogen Member
  • Male
  • from Skellefteå
  • Member since May 30th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by bjogen

Not exactly related to this thread, but still somewhat;

Bill Gates wrote a blogpost the other day, putting focus on "Provide everyone on earth with affordable energy without contributing to climate change":

https://www.gatesnotes.com/About-Bill-Gates/Accelerating-Innovation?WT.mc_id=20161006133230__BG-TW&WT.tsrc=BGTW&linkId=29604701

A clip of the text:

There is enormous potential to develop technologies that will make energy cheaper and reduce our energy imports without contributing to climate change or air pollution. In the next eight years, we could start the transition to a new type of clean fuel that doesn’t emit carbon, deploy batteries that let electric cars run far longer on a single charge, and produce dramatic drops in the total cost of renewables.

(Underline added by me)

Does he know anything we don't? Let the speculations begin! :)

Personally I'm ABSOLUTELY STUNNED by how people can spend endless hours on completely wasteless discussions. Crap - who do you think you will convince? (I'm asking both sides of the argument). If this works we will see eventually.

This kind of endless discussions could be held on politics, religion etc. But here we are discussing a very clear, technical matter. Works or not works. One or zero. Yet we don't know. Maybe we will never know. But if it works it will show clearly.

But obviously people like to discuss it anyway... So do not take any notice on my points.

Please, let this be the end of the Rossi saga. When [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] states that they worked three years with trying to substatiate Rossis device, and on that adds these words: All without success. Who on any internet forum can after this continue to believe / claim that Rossis device works? Ridicilous.

Let's keep focus on all other interesting stuff that's seems to happen lately.

Barty: Interesting to read what you wrote. In Sweden there is a fair drive towards electric cars. And noticable is that several of the German car manufacturers have electric cars on the market (hybrids). All those you mentioned.

Myself I will order a VW Passat hybrid within soon! Will run 50 km on a charge. Will cover more than 90% of the normal driving for me!

ogfusionist;

I'm having some difficulty to really understand your method of argumenting. Let me explain:

For months you have in various posts and threads mentioned about your findings in experiments some 50 years ago. In these posts I've sometimes interpreted a frustration and resignation from you, as seemingly no one has showed any interest in your findings. I have shared same feelings - I've also been puzzled why no one have showed interest in what you clearly claim being a reproducable protocol.

Now - in this thread, several members have expressed interest in your findings, and ask for more information. But the replies from you shows a flawour of rudness instead of seeing the upside that (finally) people are taking interest in your findings!

Is it not great that people want to learn more about your findings? Is it not possible for you to compile a description of your protocol? Or at least include a link in a post where we can find it?! Just saying that "the protocol exists in this forum" doesn't lead people into this specific information.

Theory is necessary for understanding what is happening. I can see you do not understand this simple fact about science.

What a waste of time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as what I know, we (science) does not know how cortisone work. You know, the miracle medicine that seemingly helps many medical needs. We've been using it for decades, helping huge amounts of people.

Pathosceptic - should we stop using it due to that we do not have any theory on how it works?

I recall some years back, I was reading a popular science magazine. There was a thermal camera picture (taken in complete darkness) of some lions that had cought some prey (don't remember the spieces). You could see on the pic that the prey had a noticable warm limb in one leg. Next to the picture was a text saying something like this:

"A group of lions has successfully cought a [the prey]. The catch was probably easy, as we can see that the [prey] was injured in one leg."

Let's assume that we could travel some 150-200 years back in time, and tell to the top-notch scientists of that time, that:

"In the future we will be able to build small hand-held machines that in real-time will be able to, in complete darkness, tell that 50 meters away from us are a five lions that have cought a [prey] because the [prey] has an injured limb in real-left leg"

I would for sure assume that those scientists would be extremely sceptical of this statement.

Sure, there are many similar examples like this. But I like this specific example, because it is "understandable" for more or less every basic-educated person. I mean, most of us understand the principles of a thermal camera and the basic physics of radiation in form of light (including infrared).

Thinking of this example fills me with some "hope" - probably there are still several amazing stuff to find out! Maybe "cold-fusion" is one of those, maybe not. But as you say, me356, we should be crazy enough to still trying to do "impossible" stuff.

The upside of the "cold-fusion" stuff that we are following in this forum is two-fold:

1. The experiments that (at least presently) are performed as super-simple. Meaning that we are not putting enormous resources into it. Heck of it - we have private persons performing experiments! :)

2. If this works, it is really simple to prove = either there is excess heat or not. Simple measurements will tell this. I mean, if we compare this to other sciences, like nutrition: We daily read statements like this (example): "Eat two eggs per day and live 10 years longer". Consider the enormous efforts that are put into such science! And still is extremely difficult to "prove" the results!

Keep the spirit up, all of you that have the resources and knowledge to do experiments!