ogfusionist Member
  • Member since Jun 11th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by ogfusionist

Of course the reactor mix is the key to hydrogen fusion. The ragoel NiO/Al2O3fiber will initiate fusion at the dissociation temperature of H2. Problem is maintaining temperature control to prevent meltdown.
    Amazing how previous tests (Rossi syndrome) have a strangle hold on getting on with new approaches. Let's forget about the endless rereads of previous reports and get on with something new.

Proton fusion to produce helium plus gamma radiation is a stellar process happening an infinite number of times in our universe. No need for going off on tangents seeking a strange physics explanation. The process can easly be repeated on a lab tabletop with a nickel compound having an interatomic spacing that forces hydrogen fusion at low temperature.

The basic problem with tangential diversion is in controlling the automatic diversion by the "e-cat" mentality. The Rossi effect is huge and compounds what is a very simple chemical reaction.

"So we live now in a world with new state of hydrogen but none is still replicating his work around the world, that is amazing !"

An (-NI-O-) array will produce the "new state of hydrogen" that allows proton fusion with helium production and gamma radiation. I've done this experiment and see no point in replication. It's an unacceptable method for producing energy at this time.

I propose that we relegate LENR to the science of alchemy. When I first witnessed hydrogen fusion 50 years ago my role was as a research alchemist. In this time span there has been no satisfactory explanation for the phenonom, hence it’s a candidate for the relm of alchemy.

My reactor distructed at 830 C. fifty years ago. May have been the first to initiate hydrogen fusion in a laboratory. The ragoel catalyst is ideal for initiating hydrogen fusion. Trial and error attempts using special forms of nickel metal are circumvented by using the nickelous oxide array. This catalyst is ideal for initiating hydrogen fusion.

When a thought bridges the unconcious/conscious barrier in the modern cavemans' brain related to LENR, how analagous is this to the old cavemans' concept of fire? Probably fear was the primary motivating factor relative to judgment at that time. They weren't burdened with modern "ad-blog-trolling".

The ability to overcome the Coulomb barrier with a simple reactor is a very beautiful gift but our awareness of it is too premature for pratical use. Track the e-cats' evolutionary progress as a measure of immaturity. I relate some forms of profit making as being immature.

"Back to LENR, sorry for the interruption".

Yes, when I first initiated hydrogen fusion it was in it's basic form. There was no transmutation at the higher AMU's. A very small quantity of hydrogen fused to produce helium.
    I'm assembling a reactor to replicate this for the hell of it.

If for some perverse reason someone wants to witness nanoscale hydrogen fusion firsthand try this pathological approach to KISS:

Wind an alumina tube with heater wire and load submicron particle size nickelous oxide on Al2O3FiberFrax into the central section. A silver powder getter must be present adjacent to the NiO/FiberFrax reactor to eliminate all sulfur compounds.
    Run helium gas through the tube while resistance heating to 830 C. Adjust the variable power input to maintain a steady 830 C and then switch from helium to hydrogen. The reactor will self distruct when fusion initiates.

"The definition of pathological is someone obsessive or something done obsessively, or it is something related to a disease."

I copied the above to insure that our definition of pathology is on the same track.

The reactor from my lab experiment ~50 years ago did cause hydrogen fusion. I have analyzed the results and found helium as the product with no higher amu isotopic changes. I've stopped being obsessed by this long ago. Not pathological any more for me. I've shown that nanoscale fusion exists, now it's up to the disbelievers to become obsessed with showing it's non existent. The arguments against nanoscale fusion do lead into the realm of abnormal psychology. Greatest discovery since fire and the modern cavemens' mentality is an expected obsessive resistance.

"The initializing of the regime of thermogeneration for the reactor with thin walls (0.2 mm) can take place already at 800-900 C"

I've posted many times on this forum that my reactor initiated hydrogen fusion at exactly 830 C. Also posted protocol for exact process for replication. All this has been effectively ignored. There must be a hierarchy relative to acceptance in LENR research.

This method of producing energy at low cost would create a very serious economic problem. Instead of performing experiments that would prove that it can be controlled, now that the problem of catalyst poisoning is understood let's argue that it's not possible.

I agree, let's argue it to death and forget it.

This post relates to applying a label to a reactor material that has produced excessive thermal output from hydrogen fusion at 830 C. The material is composed of submicron particles of nickelous oxide that have been deposited on Al2O3 FiberFrax. The strips of impregnated material are green in color and the label is "RAGOEL".

If you want a successful replication take care with the hydrogen used in the reactor. I had access to boil off from liquid hydrogen, dissociated NH3 and molecular sieve purified hydrogen. All poisoned the reactor. The delivery pipes all contaminated the hydrogen with H2S and poisoned the reactor. A getter for sulfides immediately before the reactor charge is absolutely necessary. Also, make sure that the catalyst isn't already poisoned with sulfides before use.

You stated: "Also, I'm not discouraged easily as you can probably tell but if you think it is imperative that I do not try and contribute to LENR research I will not."

My intent was certainly not to discourage you. Nanoscale fusion research needs scientists like you. Unleashing stellar fusion on earth is somewhat related to the first cave men fooling with fire but many orders of magnitude greater. Contribute but be careful.

These experiments lead to use of very fine particle size that require some form of milling. This becomes highly dangerous. Compressed hydrogen is not dangerous when used with the respect it deserves. Much safer than lithium aluminum hydride. I carry part of an Erlenmeyer flask embedded in my left arm from my early work with hydrogen. The flask left standing overnight permeated air that taught me a lesson when I continued my ignition experiment the next morning. Actually I'm right handed but was holding the flask in my left hand.

Pardon the babble but I'm trying to emphasize that some of this work can carry unpleasant surprises. You can be extremely careful and still get unanticipated results.

Avoid lithium aluminum hydride, compressed hydrogen is a little safer for the fusion experiment.

It's interesting that the explosive properties of this hydride, when misused will solve the problem related to genetics for individuals that have problems with scavenging cancerous cells. It has been established that nickel is a carcinogen and in fusion experiments some individuals use nickel and aluminum hydride. It's a brutal way of avoiding cancer when experimenting with nickel. Especially the extremely fine sub micron material that works best in the fusion reaction. Avoid metal containers when working with hydrogen, shrapnel is more hazardous to health than ceramic shards in most cases.

If you have heated laboratory grade pyrex tubing in a burner flame, it softens slowly. As 830 C was approached on the reactor, the run away quickly melted the tube housing the reactor fuel. Thermocouple tracing shot above 1000 C. If I were to try a repeat, a mixer on the hydrogen supply to dilute helium into the reactor is what I'd use. Again when the fusion triggers all hell breaks loose; something like having captured the sun in a bottle. Very similar basic fusion process.

If you try a repeat spend some time assuring that the hydrogen gas, nickelous oxide and FiberFrax are sulfur free. A silver getter immediately before the catalyst but with its temperature kept near 500 C is an absolute requirement. My lab supply was hydrogen boil off from liquid hydrogen but the pipes leading to the lab introduced enough H2S to poison the catalyst unless a getter was used just before the catalyst. Also, use an alumina (silica free) tube to house the reactor charge. Its translucent properties are very revealing, the area opposite the reactor charge will glow very bright when fusion initiates. The idea of having a light pipe in the reactor to measure brightness temperature is also interesting

Warning at my age reality and dreams get confused although I recall this experiment as one of the big surprises in my life.