magicsound MFMP
  • Male
  • from Santa Cruz, California USA (UTC -8)
  • Member since Jul 19th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by magicsound

Here's their patent application from 2022.

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/d7/f3/a6/7cf7ec1b70eb7f/WO2022175691A2.pdf

The principals are all apparently Russian, with a presence in London to raise funding.Vladimir Leonov whose work is claimed as the basis of the device, is known for his superunification theory and offshoots quantum energetics and anti-gravity.

George Egely's involvement gives the work some credibility. Alan Smith may be restricted by NDA from discussing his recent work with the Egely device, but any direct impressions he can share would be appreciated!

Strange coincidence seen in the article linked above by Frogtail:

a statement, attributed to chief executive, Andrea Rossi. “In the current economic climate, it simply does not make sense to incur the additional cost of running and maintaining the Class 90s when we have an alternative fleet of Class 66 locomotives at our disposal”

I can show the production of transmutation in experimental video data from the LION experiment where the transmute elements were seen exiting the EVO in a paste from its vortex tube.

Axil, you were not involved in any way with the LION experiment and its analysis. Therefore please refrain from claiming anything related to it. If you want to quote our findings in support of some theory you're proposing, please do so only by link(s) to our published findings. There are many reports of this work on our Youtube site https://www.youtube.com/@MFMP

That said, we did see with SEM/EDX that some transmutation probably occurred. Following the death of the researcher known as LION some months ago, a further replication of his work is now underway in Germany.

I did receive the mesh samples a few weeks ago but testing was delayed by some modifications and maintenance chores in the lab. I also had some other non-lenr projects to finish up - an actual paying customer in my studio.

I've now finished rebuilding the test cell to add a proper gas sampling port for the MKS mass spec I had it serviced and certified at MKS over the winter (took 3 months), so its data can now be trusted. Last week I did a full set of calibrations and the system is ready for the next experiment. The meshes were shipped in a meta paint can with N fill, so I will need to put together a way to handle and transfer the material under Argon cover gas. Probably a pair of glove bags taped together will be large enough to hold the container. That is planned for next week, reality permitting....

However, they did use an MFMP image rather than a real Rossi reactor image.

That image looks like a reactor we tested with a SiC heater element. An hour or two after the image was taken, the sealed reactor tube inside the heater went BANG, scatter shards of alumina all over the lab. I estimated it was about 100 bar inside the fuel tube. Too much LiAlH3 will do that.

It was around 1 AM, at HUG in Minnesota, middle of winter -20C outside.

I'm taking a break while waiting for the new type meshes from me356. Those will have to be sealed in inert gas for shipment, not an easy task. In other news, my Cirrus 2 mass spec. system has returned from reconditioning and calibration at MKS. I'm adding a proper capillary gas sampling valve to my spare reactor cell and will be testing that soon, but without me356 meshes.

Last year I priced a 2.75" Conflat flange with two type K thermocouple feed-throughs, quoted at $575 each (min. 3 pcs) from MDC. The feed-through pins and connectors have to be specific metals for this application, to avoid false junction voltages. There may also be a problem using type K TCs in hydrogen, which seems to promote the "green rot" degradation of the protective oxide layer.

Green Rot in Type K Thermocouples, and What to Do About It
    High temperatures and low-oxygen environments lead to green rot, a selective chromium oxidation in type K thermocouples that causes inaccuracies in temperature…
    blog.wika.us

The meshes in this test were already deeply saturated with H when received, as discussed some time ago. With the previous batch I saw up to 2k Pa come out when heat was applied. I'll continue to cycle with higher pressure (1k+ Pa) of deuterium.for now. Maybe change to the H bottle eventually.

It might be worth also trying out loading/unloading cycles with protium as suggested, because its diffusion and solubility behavior in palladium is different than deuterium

To change to Protium I would have to move the regulator from the D bottle to the H bottle. I can do that but the mesh would have to be deeply unloaded, taking hours at high vacuum. For now I'll continue with the current setup. After a restart, the lab computer is now working, with 1180 Pa of D2 added. Same YT stream as above.

If you can set I of the power supply through a connection with the labjack then you can make a simple predictive control of the required

The HP/Agilent 6555A power supply has an analog input for voltage set point, but not for current. I was thinking to code it as a closed-loop servo, with the available power measurement from the Tek PA1000 as the control input. It would be a nice project but not in the LENR critical path.

I changed the power supply settings to constant voltage to test. The effect of applying vacuum is inverted (power drops) compared to constant-current power. This confirms my guess in the previous post. It's about a 1% drop in heater power, from 200 Pa to vacuum. This is significant but not a big problem since the cell isn't expected to be LENR-active at vacuum. A fix is possible, but would need lots of work to implement constant-power mode using a control voltage from the Labjack.

Is this rise in power due to a drop in the resistivity of the heater coils? Even Constantan and Kanthal vary a bit.

That's my best guess. The power supply has been running in constant current mode, so power will vary linearly with R (P=I2R). Kanthal has a positive TC so R (and power) will increase as the temperature goes up, not good for stability. I think I should change the supply setup to constant voltage mode, which should give improved power stability.