magicsound MFMP
  • Male
  • from Santa Cruz, California USA (UTC -8)
  • Member since Jul 19th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by magicsound

The version is 1.2.00B USB (released June 19th, 2014).

By the way, if was curious and I checked. The task of re-compiling from disassembled code doesn't look to be easy;

I was able to hack the binary to change the time format to 24-hour. I also changed the version number to 1.2.24H. Download the file here:

https://drive.google.com/open?…xJkjesxe4kUl9INklBbzNiREU

Rename the original file for backup, then put this one in its place. Let me know if this substitution works - if not, I will post the entire folder.

IH and Leonardo settle out of court!

In a stunning conclusion to what seemed like a determined effort to destroy the notion of value in LENR research, all parties had a big love in and were seen dancing around like cats COPping off on a hot tin roof. $89million has been paid and fully robotised factory locations have been selected in 5 supermarkets

Home Depot CEO said in a bar this morning “everyone loves cats, just look at their popularity on Youtube, Let’s have them eee-cats, they sound like they would be really popular”

To relieve stress on Andrea Rossi, 5 clones have been produced to manage every aspect of each factory including selection and management of customers. To ensure that every thing is above board and that no one in any factory says anything that is not approved, several Weaver bots have been installed in each location in advance of the Rossi clone arrivals.

In a joint statement the two organisations said they were tired of talking about whose dogbone worked and whose didn’t and who had more patents pending. “We both want to look forward to making the world a better place where everyone can have a jacuzzi and cheaper 62Ni”

As a jest of good will, Tom Cat Darden back ordered a Tea Cat kettle from Amazon for Rossi.

B00030AUC0

Tip off: Joe King

I do not think you have replicated the cold fusion effect, so your observations have no bearing on this.

I agree that I have not demonstrated excess heat to the rigorous standard such a finding requires. However, I think your conclusion is incorrect. The experimental process yields useful insight into systems behavior, no matter what the data shows. A good null experiment is as important as bad positive one, because both characterize the system parameters and define the error bars.

For example, my Glowstick experiments incorporated many features of the Lugano and Parkhomov systems, and my results have suggested (at least to me) that either those systems did not work as described, or the details of those systems have not been fully disclosed or sufficiently replicated. How does that not bear on the present issue?

JedRothwell

Sorry, there's no evidence I have seen that LENR in Ni-H systems is a linear thermal gain process. Quite the contrary, I would expect the system to be non-linear due to the complex temperature-dependent reactions (whether neochemical or nuclear) that must be occurring in a working LENR system.

I have seen instances in my own experiments where increasing input power reduced or eliminated apparent excess heat. I suspect what I observed was endothermic phase change inside the cell and/or instrumentation nonlinearity, but my point is that these systems are complicated, messy and unpredictable, at least so far!

Has nobody acces to a lathe or drilling machine ? This is the very cheapest method. With "tube switching" you can drill 20cm with drilling it from both sides, using an about 10,1cm long tool!

Sorry, I had the wrong size in my reply. Bob is using 1/16" (1.6 mm) OD capillary tubing. I don't think anyone is going to make that by end-drilling a solid rod! Apparently it is welded, then drawn to this small size, so it isn't so surprising to find a defect.

@BobH Congratulations on finding the leak.

I see McMaster-Carr only offers 1/8" OD in welded construction. Swagelok offers it in seamless construction 316L, but the minimum order looks like 20 feet or 6 meters.

"Small Parts" on Amazon has 1/8" x 12" seamless 316L for under $9, probably the best price, and usually quick delivery.

can

Here's my summary of the LAH phases:

https://drive.google.com/open?…xJkjesxe4kZFVuMG9paFJncjA

The second referenced paper by Oksana Bodak has further details:

goo.gl/vLG8Uc

Note that the melting temperatures of LiH and Al are very close. When both are molten, it seems likely that an ionic solution of LiAl*H- may form. For that reason, the Glowstick temp profile includes a pause at ~700°C for that process to complete. BobG found additional references supporting this theory, but unfortunately I didn't add them to my doc. If you come up with anything relevant, I'll include it.

can I'm not convinced the Wiki article correctly describes the decomposition. I think other references show at least one alternate path involving formation of LiAl*Hx as an ionic solution. This may be a distraction from the thread (Bob's current project), and crowd thinking seems pointed towards plasma right now. But it's still worth remembering what we discussed and did in 2016.

We've discussed the properties of LiAl several times in the past, particularly its curious quasi-ionic structure. Here's an excerpt of an interesting paper I just found that notes its lower reactivity compared to Li, and describes other unusual properties of this alloy.

https://drive.google.com/open?…xJkjesxe4kc1FnRGhwdmd3LWc

Keep in mind that both the Glowstick and Parkhomov reactors used LiAlH4 in the fuel, rather than pure metallic Li. Thus the molten metal present was LiAl, not pure Li.

In GS5.2, about 100 mg of Nanoshel passivated Li was used in addition to the LAH, and that experiment produced the most interesting results to date. The attached image may show the effect of even such a minute amount of pure metallic Li in the fuel. This was after several weeks of elevated temperature cycling, up to 1300°C in the core. The effect on the 316L stainless steel capsule was also clearly severe.

https://drive.google.com/open?…xJkjesxe4kLUpPaHJGTVJXd3c

can

Here are some photos of Glowstick reactor tubes after exposure to molten Li for a week or more. tubes made of Mullite show considerable degradation, probably due to leaching of the ~30% silica from the ceramic (first image). The tubes made of high purity Al2O3 showed no penetration or degradation from the contents (second image).

Regarding BobH's comment about Ni foil, I saw considerable degradation of a Ni foil fuel capsule in GS4 (third image).

https://drive.google.com/open?…xJkjesxe4kRzdHaGlOeDdQems

https://drive.google.com/open?…xJkjesxe4kNzJJcDE3ZENna3c

https://drive.google.com/open?…xJkjesxe4kLU5jQlNERWJ5S3c

The next choice after alumina would probably be zirconia.

Unfortunately, the electrical resistivity of zirconia drops even faster than Alumina. At 500 C it is ten orders of magnitude more conductive than at 20 C. So at operating temperature, a zirconia tube would probably look like a short circuit to any high voltage applied between the ends of the tube.

for details: http://global.kyocera.com/prdct/fc/product/pdf/material.pdf

when you say BG is: " making his current proposal in that spirit", is it in the "redpill" spirit

"Redpill" has nothing to do with MFMP and is a personal interest of BobG. Each of us has many different interests and passions, and it isn't always easy to keep them separate. But for the group to function as I described, we must keep our collaboration focused on the scientific practice of LENR research, while still allowing each of us the freedom of being individuals. It's a challenging path, but worth the effort in my experience.

BG has made some big claims over the past year or so that haven't really matched the level of his hype. I am confused about whether BG speaks for MFMP anymore or is he solo now. We will see with this latest claim of a COP of 8. That would be well beyond any measurement error, and if the engineers in India are glad to open source it, the knowledge would be everywhere for replicators. Still, I take it all with a big grain of salt. I will believe it when multiple labs independently replicate what Bob has found.

I've explained this before, but it bears repeating. MFMP is a collective of independent researchers. Our collaboration is based on a shared goal of performing LENR research as Live Open Science, and that is the full extent of our formal rules. There is no "official spokesman" of the group and no guarantee that we will agree with each others projects or statements. However, we do try to reach consensus on major projects, for which the group's modest resources can be made available.

BobG is making his current proposal in that spirit, as just another member of the MFMP collective. Involvement of other individual members of the collective has yet to be decided, but you can be sure we will be discussing it intensely. It's a project that seems to have great potential towards the goal we share.

@magicsound

You come across to me as a voice of reason. Can you expound on your comment a little further. What conclusion do you therefore draw, if any, regarding the THH / ele dispute here?

The data speaks for itself {:~>

Seriously, results of our research have been published after peer review in JCMNS vol.20, available in Jed's archive and elsewhere.

THH can speak for himself regarding his thoughts on our work, or the similar analysis done by TC. I merely wanted to point out that the use of total emissivity in the Lugano calculation of thermal power from temperature is correct, although ele incorrectly goes beyond that by asserting its use in the Optris camera.

We need to be specific about the use of emissivity (ɛ) on thermal calculations in the Lugano report. In the case of the Optris camera, the ɛ within the sensing range of the bolometer is clearly what must be used. The camera used by MFMP was identical to the one used in Lugano, and both cameras were factory calibrated. That means yes, there is a unique calibration of each pixel for the selected temperature range. That information is stored in the camera ROM and is used by the PIConnect software (along with the ɛ setting) to correctly calculate temperature for each pixel.

However, the calculation of power from the measured pixel temperature data must use the full-bandwidth ɛ of the object, not the band-limited ɛ used by the camera. The MFMP (Higgins) analysis considered only the accuracy of the temperature measurements, for which the band value of ɛ was determined experimentally using several instruments. The value of ɛ thus found closely matched the camera manufacturers recommended value, as well as several other references.