magicsound MFMP
  • Male
  • from Santa Cruz, California USA (UTC -8)
  • Member since Jul 19th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by magicsound

One question I have is how on earth can the CNT system work in the gas phase when all the carefully structured CNT frameworks would be vaporised?

Think Hydrotons. It seems possible, though the ID is bigger than Ed's cracks.

Would the electric fields on the inside of a CNT be enough to constrain deuterons to the center axis? Production of low energy photons would be a possible path of quantized energy release and diffuse thermalization.

Hmm, the abstract says "200 w/kg" or 0.2 w/g. Not much but the energy output over time (days or weeks) could be substantial.

Edit to add: Moved your post here magicsound as the idea is not to comment on the News/Media/library thread. Hope it doesn´t bother you ( Curbina ).

Thanks for the move. I was aware of the "no comments" request but thought it was important enough to mention. It's more appropriate here.

Researchers who are going to replicate the experiment, you can find useful details here

https://patentimages.storage.g…e1a2a7/WO2012088472A1.pdf

(Figures etc..)

That is very different from the experiment described at the start of this thread. The device and procedure in that patent are far from trivial and would be hard to duplicate without serious investment. For example, the conflat cell is to be built of Inconel and all parts and valves must be SC-11 clean and UV rated. These are not off the shelf" parts. A three-stage vacuum system with ion pump is also needed, with a base vacuum of 1E-8 Torr!

Finally, a typical quadrupole RGA would not be able to discriminate between He and D2 (both ~mass=4), and that was not considered. Measurement of He at ppm levels is a very skilled specialty, due to the many technical challenges and the possibility of leakage from ambient.

Nickel carbonate usually occurs as a light green crystalline solid or a brown powder. It dissolves in ammonia and dilute acids but is insoluble in hot water, easy tests to make. But if it appeared using distilled water, where would the carbonate come from?

Does the brown deposit appear without using the plastic tube? Try substituting a glass tube if you have something suitable.

That sure looks like a thermite type reaction. A table in this reference shows the ignition temperature of Cu in O atmosphere as 1338K, a bit below the melting point. But copper doesn't ignite in normal air, so there must be something else at work in your example.

Slightly off-topic: CuFe2O4 is a synthesized alloy used for organic reduction catalysis. Sound familiar?

It's well known that low Thz frequencies are indicated to trigger LENRs.

I have other information in this direction but are confidential, I say it bluntly.

Can you give some references for this that are not "confidential"?

Quote from arise:

Now, what would it take to make things better?

A very rough or black painted internal wall, of course !

By better, do you mean a stronger LENR reaction or process? By black do you mean high emissivity? What kind of black coating could survive in a hydrogen atmosphere at elevated temperature and without out-gassing contaminants that might suppress the desired reaction in the Ni-Pd?

During the bake-out with 300 watts heater power, the center of the cell settled at 358°C. Near the ends of the cell it was around 250°C, measured by the Optris camera. With the external sheath heater now used, the cell temperature is more uniform across the length, and is relatively independent of the cell contents.

DAK2 The RGA-MS scan I posted was taken from a prior calibration, before the leaking Baratron gauge was replaced. My most recent test following a high-temperature bake-out confirms that leak to have been eliminated. I'll do further MS analysis as soon as I install the new sampling valve and related parts, due to arrive this week. That will use a 1/8" Swagelok tube fitting, the only one remaining in the system.

I am sure we also said you need to monitor the gas with a mass spectrometer to be sure the water is gone.

Yes, you did, and I did as you recommended. Here's an analysis from an earlier bake out. The primary constituent coming out of the steel seems to be Nitrogen, followed by water vapor as expected. My test documented above shows that out gassing continues and accelerates well above 200°C, when water vapor from surface adhesion should be long gone. I suggest that substantial N is trapped in the steel grain boundaries, and is only released as the boundary stresses are relaxed at 300°C and above. Nitrogen is commonly added to austenitic stainless steels like 304 alloy, up to 0.1%. For details, see

https://www.totalmateria.com/p…cle&LN=EN&site=kts&NM=202

In this earlier test there was also some atmospheric leakage that might account for some of the gas detected. For that reason, the analysis should not be considered conclusive. The amount and temperature-dependence of out gassing measured in the latest test is clear, and its reduction after extended bake out confirms that possible atmospheric leakage has been eliminated.

Thorough bake out of the MR4 cell for 8 hours at up to 300 watts/350°C substantially reduced the out gassing from the stainless steel. The pressure increase measured after cooling was reduced from 60 Pa (Cal2) to just 8 Pa (Cal3), and appears to be close to standard gas law behavior. See the attached graph for details.

The protocol originally published by Mizuno and Rothwell specifies evacuating the cell for 1-2 hours at 200°C to remove water vapor. Based on the behavior seen in MR4, that would not be enough to reduce out gassing from the metal cell wall. Out gassing at 350°C is well below the annealing point of the Ni mesh (700°C) or decomposition of any CaCO3 present, but there could be changes in the Pd-Ni interface. It also seems possible that addition of such gas of unknown and uncontrolled composition and density might make the experiment hard to reproduce, as has apparently been the case. Further thought and discussion is certainly needed.