Posts by David Fojt

Alain,

When are we going to stop talking about princesses and princes of cold fusion as well as the underworlds who likes them rather than technology.........?

Thank you for your quick reply now 4 options:

Rossi is a crook and loses is trail

Rossi is a crook but win !

IH are crook then loses their trail

IH are crook and win.

What should happen for lenr field following these 4 hypothesis ?

As i'm not an expert i ask "all experts here" to light up my understanding. (Dewey and others).

Is it possible that the judge decides a third way ? For example, plan an Independent expertise on Rossi technology to check validity ?

I expect that a court must have a horror of deciding in a hurry, even if both parties are pressing to defend their cause ? No ?

StephenC, did you talk about this ?

Yes, i suggest this type of 20nm structure i made, could stabilize some H+ entities.

This is really from this size we see something interesting.

We don't talk here about hydride inside lattice because a lattice is a compound of stabilized H ( hydrides) and free H+ as for P&F.

Just H+ part is interesting because when they are released from the lattice XH appaers.

Another way should be to do thems directly outside lattice so this type of "carpet" helps this process.

Holmlid has explained that metalized hydrogen is a superatom where the positive charge carriers are located in the center of the crystal and the negative charged carriers are located in a cloud orbiting around the positive center.

This metalized structure is an example of HOLE superconductivity. Protons are the holes and they are superconducting.

Your explanation Axil makes sense because during a simple electrolysis we saw a big flash onto nanostrutured nickel.

This is close we see in this paper. Something happens close/under 20 nm, it's like a border for new theories.

In case of this paper, structured H+ entities are stabilized because trapped inside lattice ( electron cloud).

Then when H+ entity leaves the lattice by reaching metallic layers border, we see XH but not a lot because everything is entrapped, so moving too slowly outside the lattice to reach high XH.

Therefore, we did and outside lattice's trap stabilized by current ( potential difference) between still 20 nm structures, as well as it's running well now...!

Axil, how you suggest the mecanism to keep stabilized theses objects ?

How they could initiate Lenr ?

Piantelli runs cold fusion at nickel with high speed and reproducibility by utilizing nickel whiskers, i.e. thin needle-like crystals enclosing one screw-like dislocation, grown at the surface of nickel with atom beam epitaxy at low pressure (Knudsen cells).

gsed_0001_0013_0_img3214.png

Zephir let's have a look" upstairs" what i wrote..

You talk about : https://www.google.fr/search?q…_AUIBigB&biw=1366&bih=648

I suggest you have to understand the meaning of "stacking fault energy" to go away.

Piantelli i think, never shared XH results therefore you are right it's a part of a succesful process.

i think the dynamic of lenr location is more important than just the location itself.

By dynamic i talk about special polarisation both EM field.

Jurg,

what's about metallic oxide cavities ? as iron oxide for example ? both its have an high curie point .

In a general way, I can not always say relevant things therefore I try to raise the level by talking about things other than the muddle around IH/Rossi which is feeding unfortunally too much thread, i think..

Axil sorry, i couln't share your understanding.

You talk about special nucleus behavior like a lot of people therefore i suggest rather special electron trajectories which should induce high magnetic field.

By this way, coulomb barrier should be weakened in some areas.

This is in relation in fact for example with Groszek's work who Alan shared papers.

Foil discharges follows same rules also, or globally what we call as picochemistry.

I can't give more details of this theory because it's still under construction...tweaking.

I expect that Einstein rules could do a role in Lenr,but, in few words what's happen at universe's size could be righ at lenr size.

We should have to best understand how is exactly the border between baryonic matter and non baryonic matter ( EM ground).

I must continue to swallow more aspirin to go away in my speculations..

According to these interesting papers, bloggers should still believe that it's enough to load nickel's lattice and wait, to watch LENR.

This is not the case, as nickel is so difficult to load into the bulk.
    However, its structure is close to palladium.
    It is proven that cracks would be important. Palladium alloyed with silver seems to work better too.

In fact, palladium / silver alloys or nickel / cobalt alloys prevent structural defects called "slipping and twinning". Go to Google " pictures" to better understand.
    It is in relation with so called 'stacking fault energy'.
    These defaults, "slipping and twinning" prevent, in fact, the free circulation of another type of defects which moves inside lattice ( voids). Yes these voids "move" according to thermal or mechanical constraints.

Engendering brutal mechanical constraints should one day allow one to make lenr bombs, following my understanding.

What should happen finally in the case of P & F ?
    The lattice is electrochemically loaded, it has been found by a lot of papers that almost 2 hydrogen atoms per palladium atom are required to trigger LENR.
    In fact, one of the two hydrogen atoms sticks to each atom of palladium, such as a hydride in the famous alpha and beta phases. This "neutralizes" the palladium lattice.
    The second hydrogen atoms (H +) slips between the palladium atoms inside lattice.
    At this stage, this is not yet enough to initiate LENR reactions.

One might think that lenr appear when these H + fall into an atomic voids/vacancy.
    I expect exactly the opposite.
    In fact, since these gaps are mobile, it must be understood that the interstitial lattice is fully charged with H +.
    The analogy would be a chair that is abruptly removed under the person sitting on it.
    So when the gaps move, a vacuum/void is quickly created locally that is "filled" roughly by the 6 H + surrounding it. At this stage LENR occurs.

I suggest this vacuum is an analogy of an external surface, so at this stage these 6 H + roughly should recover 6 electrons.
    This quick and local movement of these electrons creates a strong electromagnetic field which makes the job to trigger LENR.
    In conclusion, with crystal lattice help , it is indeed the local EM field which would create LENR reaction.

Threat perception from Planet Rossi is part of their topsy-turvy kingdom and ongoing mis-information campaign. It is interesting how organized it all is. A friendly heads-up to stay clear of what is shaping up to be a solution to an obvious problem remains just that. All claims from Planet Rossi require an opposite interpretation filter. May their mistakes continue!

XOXO

friendly heads-up or not friendly heads-up, therefore i would like to know why IH army needs LenrForum for some communication/just bashing ?

Second point never you answered me about my older question.. did IH tested Ecat HT ?

Because in the case of Florida's trial we only talked about Ecat low T°.

Good thread since a long time....

Personally i don't understand why him and his friends need to spend so much time here for Rossi's bashing even if Rossi were a croock..?

After all, he has the money to afford the best lawyers.

We already seen in USA, ( For example Strausskhan's case) this is lawyer's rate you pay which "creates" the truth ultimately...

Thetruemonty I advise you to stay student ... and to keep an angelic vision of things.

Nickelates share many similarities with cuprates (in history the nickel ores were often confused with these copper ones), but we should keep on mind, it's just a proposal and the nickel compounds tested aren't actually superconductive. The layered perowskite structure isn't everything for superconductivity - the presence of hole atoms (highly oxidized atoms within structure attracting electrons) is also important there. With compare to copper(3+) oxidation state the nickel(4+) state is way less potent in making holes stripes and it attracts electrons in lower extent. We can see, that trilayer structure is not sufficiently negentropic, the working superconductors have way more layers between hole planes The physicists should learn how to do it from people, who already produce room temperature superconductors (1, 2) rather than to reinvent wheel.

Zephir_AWT

Thank you to share your interesting knowledges.

If i have well understood, more layers means higher critical temperature ? Therefore if we follow link you added, its talks just about 20 K as difference by Pb added ?

Could we do a general rule ?

David Fojt

David, I am considering dead volume and compaction as two separate issues. In general, I control the pressure with a back pressure regulator. I am not closing it off and heating which could cause the pressures to be extreme. The only reason that it seems that this experiment's tube fractured was from a plug that prevented the gas from escaping quickly enough.

Separately, is there an issue for LENR itself where the fuel should be spread out more thinly in the reactor tube? This could be for getting the heat out. As I posted to StephenC above, if the LENR outputs low energy photons, and the fuel is too compacted, then the photons could go into heating the fuel, whereas if the fuel is more sparsely loaded, the photons could be absorbed in the reactor tube. This could prevent local over-heating of the fuel.

Finally, you can have a big background , be clever then telling bullshits (Hagelstein), i'm agree with you about how XH is released.

I'm really surprised by diameter of Rossi's core ? It seems too small if you focus strongly on pictures, rather 10 mm diameter for myself..?

According to my undertanding dead volume and compaction are the same problem.

I suggest very very small amount is the way. after calculation following Rossi's patent , we have ( by volume ) around 5% Ni , almost the same for Al then 90% LI.

Like that LI helps to easily separate each Ni grain.

From my tests, it need about 1/3 - 1/2 free space in tube if use lithium + Ni, depends Li amount. It expand heavilly when attack alumina. Fill tube like D-letter.

Even with much of free space it may crack when cools down - keep it hot (300C or more) if run long tests.

Iron / SS steel fuel capsule inside tube may help, H2 shields it from oxidation so it can be thin. I have not tested capsule. I think it is posible to do vacuum without metal Li and use lithium carbonate as lithium source (it is alumina compatible 1000C+) (Metal Li works as vacuum pump)

Eros,

According to your setting, what was maximum pressure you reached ? How you drive it ?

David Fojt

Yes, I have that paper. The biggest issue with SS is not the Li or the hydrogen permeation, it is oxidation at high temperature from the outside. SS may be OK if the outside of the tube is bathed in argon. However, I do not think the Kanthal for the heater coil would be happy bathed in argon - it needs oxygen to keep from eroding. The Kanthal loses oxygen when hot and needs to be soaked in oxygen continuously to replenish the oxide being lost.

Bob,

1. The Kanthal's guy, told us that it was necessary to mount it beyond 1200 °, at least 1 second to ensure its later reliability, that's all. I'm not aware therefore about what is involved in the case of your oxide explanation.

2. About compaction, you are right finally... By dead volume you understand now that it is too small.

3. How avoid compaction ? It depends also about how your "fuel"reaches a "certain" dynamic.

4. Take care about tube sizing because diameter of core should be in direct relation with level of EM stimulation.

Good luck for next run !

Bob, according this paper we already have seen, Ferritic SS seems better against Lithium than austenitic SS. It should be better also against leaks. It may be necessary to use ticker tubes..

For my understanding a part of H2 from LAH should be transfered up to pure Li. Unfortunally during this stage a lot of H2 are also deposited onto Nickel. Nickel has a buffering role and slows down the transfer to Li. This is why i prefer use directly LIH which is the final target finally. I suppose LIH is less corrosive than pure Li.

To add, the Li power remains in relation with quantity you put in your tube, depending of your dead volume..

Files

• Lithium.pdf

(3.3 MB, downloaded 26 times, last: )

You blame the victim for the crime. A German woman I knew many decades ago claimed that Poland was a much responsible for starting World War II as Germany was. What you say makes just about as much sense as that.

I am a Polish origin then a name from Czech origin (Like Me356), so I am a perfect criminal ..
    More seriously, I was bored tonight and had nothing to say too, I'm told that I will find someone like me tonight ..

Moved from this thread. Eric

It was announced last night that IH will not be hosting the upcoming ICCF after all. It seems the burden of fighting with that despicable crook has taken the wind out of their sails for now.

The conference is still expected to be in the US, host is yet to be announced.

Leave the pretended wicked quiet without knowing the really true truth. Every truth is not like in American movies with the good on one side and the nice on the other ..There is a bit of good, bad and ugly in each of us. Also true for Rossi, also true for IH.

Did you read the Penon report? I cannot imagine how any person with a junior high school level of knowledge could read that report and conclude that the E-Cat technology works.

The report is here:

http://coldfusioncommunity.net…/01/0197.03_Exhibit_3.pdf

Dear Jed Rothwell,

You seems aware about lot of things, so i have never spent time to separate wrong from no wrong about Rossi/IH fight.

In the case of Rossi's Florida's run, are we talking about the low temperature Ecat ? If, yes, has IH tested the Ecat HT, a day, and with what results ?

So far so good! If it was easy anyone could do it. What's next?

No ! Because ingrédients are simple but difficult to understand how they run..this is why it is not good to mix everything whithout a good understanding. In Parkhomov's case he used mullite as reactor's tube so it was nibbled by heating then released silicon Inside the mix.

Silicon for example is well know to increase equilibrium level. In few words by SI added you will release faster H2 from Li............

David Fojt

I don't think it is necessary to avoid the LAH to limit the pressure, just regulate it (to exhaust) above the desired maximum pressure. If you use LiH instead, you just won't get as much gas. Interestingly, it seems A. Parkhomov's latest experiments have been showing XH without any Li at all and with the same carbonyl Ni powder he has been using. I think a report is coming on this at Asti. I think Me356 has also said that the Li was not needed. If the Li is not needed in the reaction, perhaps it would be better to eliminate the Al which will cause the Li to not wet to the Ni (argument to use pure LiH as you suggest). I believe Me356 also said that the Al detracts from the XH.

Bob, both Alexander and Me356 told about XH then nothing..I just said that Me356 told interesting things in relation with hydrides, no more. Using LIH is just to avoid H transfert stage from LAH. Sorry i'm not agree with what you explain about Carbonyl Ni and no need of Li therefore may be i'm wrong. Al is used to drive height of equilibrium, no more. We must discover all things about equilibrium balance.

Hi David. The pressure could get high - to >1000 PSIA if all of the H2 was released from the hydride. However, what really occurs is that as the pressure goes up, and at a given temperature, an equilibrium is reached, and all of the H2 is not released from the hydride. While I haven't run and experiment that would let the pressure go up to that high pressure equilibrium, I cite the !Bang experiment that had no regulator - it exploded. What I saw in this experiment is that a lot of gas was initially released and I had the pressure limited to 90 PSIA by back pressure regulator venting. After the pressure fell below 90 PSIA, the valve was completely closed and all of the remaining pressure change was caused by absorption.

Hi Bob, i know about pressure you will reach if all H2 is released therefore in your case its remains relatively low, what parameters you considered ? Do you know that just few % of H2 could be quickly released from LAH or LIH ? Height where equilibrium is reached is directly in relation with dead volume and relative percentage of mixture. About Bang experiment, this subtle team released so fast LAH with too small dead volume if you compare for example with Shonsheng, then no added any pure Li to transfer H2. We can criticize Me356 but he said a lot of truth about hydrides behavior. Now you understand that it should be better to avoid the first LAH stage that you describe by using only LIH and Al, powder also of course..

Next update in time:

It is strange how the pressure went to 0 by 600°C, then shot up at 700°C as the LiH and Al melted. Then the pressure rose rapidly and dropped like a rock at 750°C with no other event - the valve has been closed (regulating at 90 PSIA) since above140°C. That precipitous fall in pressure was not the valve opening - it is still set to regulate at 90 PSIA. At 1000°C, the regulation pressure will be set to 9 PSIA, but the expectation is that the pressure will already be at or below this value.

Bob have you calculated the maximum pressure you could reach with powder's quantity you fill in relation with dead volume then without any event also ?