LenzandCoLab Lab Group Moscow
  • Member since Aug 1st 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by LenzandCoLab

In my experiments I was using ceramic tube with melting point around 2000°C but it was melted too - I was using Kanthal A1. But when the winding is failing arcs may occur. Arcs temperature can be much higher than 2000°C and can last for tens of seconds. You can see my heater after failure - to this day I dont know if it was caused by arc or excess heat. Actually both phenomenons could appear but still we dont know if excess heat from inside caused this failure.
    It was so hot, that stainless steel plate that was 5cm away was melted too (by air heat transfer).
    You can see small bubble at the bottom that was formed during failure. Alumina cement was rated for 1800°C.

Looks like You have not cured cement before you applyed power to coil. In this case arcing is possible but any way not melting the ceramic tube. If you can not cure heater correctly just decrease amount of cement. Nicrome heater works fine without any cement. Ufortunately FeCrAl(Kanthal A1) should be cemented. Use cement as low as possible. Another problem is green rust at negative end if you use DC. In general I'd like to say there are several issues on this way that have to be overcome. Arcing, green rust, gas tighting, hydrogenation,steel type etc. Be ready to analyze and separate them. Prepare the solution.

FeCrAl heater meting point is 1500 C and you see melted ceramic with melting point more than 1700. So FeCrAl can not melt the ceramic.

First of all congratulations for the bright Hydrogenation idea. See my comment at blog Ego Out.
    I want ask you about your future plans in LENR research, how engaged and dedicated to it you can be (have no idea about the profile of your Company.
    LENR critically needs people like you. Rossi's monopoly is braking progress.
    Thank you for an open answer.
    Peter

I copy here answers to Franc Acland questions from Ecat-world. Hope you'll find information below. Photos attached to answer 8.
    1. I didn't do any hydrogen loading into Nickel except using reused Nickel(tube or(and) powder).
    2. Only estimation: 2-7 atm. it depends. I did several pressure tests but results are not sustainable to publish them. Actually in that tests I noticed that reaction occur with reused Nickel. Also looks like pressure behaviour depends on using reused Nickel in the reactor. I recommend to put no more than twice more LiAlH4 in the laser brazed metal tube in comparison with Parhomov recommendations. Check brazer joint for sustainability. I used air compressor up to 7.5 atm. Fortunately I have such results and everything is OK. Bricks set up saved me). Looks like that time it was more than 50 atm. Below 600 degrees is danger area, keep temperature increasing not high.
    3. No any evacuation. Just cleaning and drying reactor. Keep Nickel and LiAlH4 dry.

4. Just mixing.
    5. Usually I follow Parhomov recomendations. I that cases there are enough free space. Several times fuel occupied almost all internal space. Nothing special happened if you use correct temperature profile.
    6. For today I suppose there are at least two important things. First thing is reused Nickel. Reusing Nickel actually descirbed in Focardi paper at 1998. They did several hydrogenation cycles before starting the process and have COP about 1.7 at around 500 degrees. Second thing is heat conductivity of the fuel surround(reactor etc). 0.2 mm thickness of Nickel tube conductivity is close to 2.5 mm of ceramic tube (10/5) of Parhomov experiment. As I remeber heat conductivity difference for Nickel and ceramic is 10-15 times (depends on ceramic types) at 1000-1200 degrees. Wall thickness differs 12.5 times- so close. Thick tube I put inside ceramic sockets at the ends. So air is around center.
    7. No any experience with AC. Hope AC could help to protect from green rust of Nicrome or FeCrAl at negative end. We will use AC If we switch to inductive heating like Denis Vasilenko test set up.
    8. Several times with thin Nickel tubes like described in presentation. Additional two times with the same set up with thick Stainless steel reactor. However TC were failed before reactor and heater started to melt. I checked different places of second TC( above the reactor and wired to the reactor end opposite to main TC).
    9. Nearest plan is to achieve sustainable heat generation during at least several hours. Test several different tube materials. Prepare inductive test set up like Denis Vasilenko style.
    10. I read several papers and discussions about it. However I have not found from theoretical papers any practical recommendations about reactor, surround design, fuel structure, hydrogenation and excitation of Nickel. So everything is as usual).

Two graphs shows the same reactor behaviour during temperature transition from 800 to 900 degrees and 900 and 1000 degrees. For empty data just use the trend line for power graph of 900-1000 transition. It should be loked like 800-900 transiton graphs. Threse experiments were from very begining and shows that something really happened inside. They are supposed to not calculate heat excess accurately but only raw estimation that this is probably not chemical reaction. We were close to stop everything since had not any results with ceramic. We decided to continue after we found melted nickel tubes in a range 700-1000 degrees during temperature transitions. And remembered about Nickel excitation process described in Focardi paper.

The melting of the reactor tube can be explained by the formation of an alloy of aluminum with nickel and not excess of inner heat. The melting point of this alloy is about of 1200 C degrees. IMHO.

We calculated additional power excess using the power trendline at the 900-1000 Transition figure. You can see process during 30-40 seconds and power difference is about 15-20 watts at peak. So estimation is more than 100 Joules for the whole process. Taking account weight of all components in the reactor we have not find chemical reaction for this explanation.
    So could you estimate possible heat excess from formation of alloy you proposed?

@LenzandCoLab: How long did your experiment show excess heat? Hours or days?
    I ask this because the longer the reaction took place, the higher is the possibility to see changes in the isotopic composition.

Another question: Do you plan to setup your reactor at a official university and spread your knowledge in some physics departments?

After we achieve sustainable heat generation for at least several hours it might be resonable. I'd like to prepare reactor and test it at, for example, at Denis Vasilenko set up since last time I have to change heaters after each heat excess process and redrill the brick cleaning it from the melted metal inside.

Thank you Tarun.
    1. I have to translate and comment it into English . Hope it will be soon. I don't think you'll be happy with Russian.
    2. TC malfunction might be(theoretically). I check this posibility every time. However melted Steel of the reactor(and Kanthal coil) means tempearture above 1500. Second TC at the reactor end(air) also show temperature increasing with some delay- green line at the figure in the presentation. I attached zoomed picture -blue line.
    3. See picture attached- time is in seconds.

Clipping range is a problem. Actually I did not expect heat generation started at 1350 and K type of TC limit is 1370 - very close. 20 degrees is not enough for usual regulator settings. Additional 50 degrees and regulator could switch power down enough.So special mode should be programmed near the limit or switch to tungsten-rhenium TC.