Ged Member
  • Member since Oct 20th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Ged

Huh. It's almost 100 C lower for the same power in as with the nickel-hydrogen. That does remove a great many variables, as a control. Fantastic idea, me356. Also interesting that the Pd doesn't work under these conditions. Hydrogen loading is likely key, as expected.

Well then, seems I did misinterpret Me356's comment. Very interesting Ecco, thanks for that! I agree that it's a good idea to try to kill the thing and see if that is possible. At the very least at the end of all the tests. Can't heat too hot or the wire could be physically broken. Probably a quenching method that could be used.

Actually a really great bit of data seeing no excess heat with the new Ti setup. Looking at the data, it's clear how special the two successful, back to back, excess runs were. This TiH2 failure strengthens the two successes. This is why failure is sometimes a success in and of itself.

That is true for the 'muon flux' app, you want this one instead:
    http://wipac.wisc.edu/deco

Very interesting. I'm really skeptical, since CCDs are highly sensitive to infrared, and thus have a high amount of charge background (working with CCD cameras for dark field imaging teaches you a lot of their physical aspects and limitations). Phone CCDs are even worst, with very small wells (1.2-1.5 um^2 and such for high MP cameras) that have very high current noise in pure dark just from natural electronic current jitter, and low sensitivity (due to the small amount of liberatable electrons in such a small area). Particles like muons would be both rare and not cause a lot of charge displacement, so I am doubtful they'd be above the electronic or IR noise for the low sensitivity of cell phone cameras.

But, love to see hard data showing if it does work!