Paradigmnoia Member
  • Member since Oct 23rd 2015

Posts by Paradigmnoia

Plot of recent Lamp test results.

You can see how noisy the AC power is here during the day. At about 30000 seconds is 9:00 AM.

Straight nominal 120 V used, averaging closer to 115.5 V for most ramps.

Obviously going for 1000 W in this set up would be dangerous; the outlet air would probably be around 95 C, if it can even be evacuated fast enough.

I will plot these values up with the last values (shortly) and see how it hangs together.

Palladium on CaCO3 is known as a Lindlar Catalyst. It's widely used for hydrogenation in synthesis of organics such as Vitamin A. In such applications a "catalyst poison" is added to reduce the hydrogenation to a single bond. What I see in my prepared mesh is a very crude form of such a catalyst, where the Calcite is mixed into the deposited Pd by the burnishing process. Details of this structure can be seen in the image below, from my paper from August 2019.

7FHwxB-kBt1GGG-dTQrifraNHAT06pCN7wp3h032eYd5u3HY0oJ4xrjIzuE6iZQu-W0fzCsQ2u-Cx-YJqPXBwopuITuQq1alJIWd38O2TTQSMxED92yrPIVJS-0nraT7HEJYKLkp

I have seen platinum and palladium with native silver and gold naturally occurring in carbonate (mostly calcite) veins, associated with selenium.

That’s all I am saying about that other than it is true.

I have changed the 120 V lamps (in the bank of four) inside the calorimeter.

They are as follows from left to right: 75 W Sylvania Black Light, 200 W Sylvania, 150 W Sylvania, and one of the original 25 W Sylvania lamps from previous (in the same position). This gives many input power configurations, currently in mid test.

The tests will proceed with the following increments: 75 W, 150 W, 200 W, 250 W (75+25+150), 300 W (75+25+200), 350 W (150+200), 375 W (25+150+200), 425 W (150+200+75), and 450 W (75+25+150+200), each for at least two hours, sequentially.

Currently, the 300 W step is running.

Also, the earlier 100 W lamp used is not made by Sylvania as previously noted. It is a generic, bulb probably Chinese in origin, and I suspect it is actually rated at 130V although it is marked 120 V.

The Sylvania lamps seem to be performing very close to the rated power, (likely almost exactly if normalized to 120 V from the actual experiment voltages) so that brand is currently being used exclusively where possible.

I also have acquired a 1200 W, adjustable 0-120 V DC power supply with current and voltage limiting. I need to change the current and voltage datalogger setup before it can be tested above 5 A or 70 V, so that will have to wait for a bit.

The SKL is the latest in a series of props called e-cats, built by Andrea Rossi, a self-styled genius inventor and philosopher. In a bid to continue his pathetic personality cult stage act that (among other things) portends to solve the problems of the world’s energy needs and to keep his followers/marks from losing faith, ever-increasingly fantastic device improvements are reported by Rossi. The SKL e-cat is the current pinnacle of the series of Rossi’s nonsensical devices, soon to be replaced by yet another improved design, once enough time has passed to make some tentative followers wonder when the former pinnacle of ecat design will ever see the light of day. (The previous versions, however, are all destroyed and almost never mentioned again.)

- Obvious on the ECW “what is the e-cat SKL” story, post soon to be deleted and the author probably banned from ECW this time.

This is what I eagerly await. There is, increasingly, less and less room for ambiguity. The demo will presumably involve measuring Ecat SLK electrical output instead of heat measurement, the latter being fraught with all manner of trouble as we know. What could go wrong with simply measuring electrical input and output? 8o

Go Andrea!

It has been a long time since Rossi plugged a contraption directly into a Kill-A-Watt that was directly plugged into the wall outlet.

The last thing to consider, not that anything can be seriously made of it, is that the Professors say they bring their own testing equipment to several tests but Rossi always has the exact same stuff.

That's where I got it .. zoomed in to the pixel level and couldn't see a current clamp (or a Bigfoot or a Loch Ness Monster ...) Ah well.

Keep in mind that the March part used a single phase ecat, where the December part is three phase.

So, for the photos you posted, the amp clamps are visible on the workbench. (Not in those photos)
    For the December test the amp clamps seem to be way up the rack for some reason.

The 4 wires going to the ecat are the correct colours for three phase plus neutral in Italy. There are three wires coming out of each end of the ecat. There are two wire connections coming out of each end of the ecat by combining two of the three leads to one connection.

I tried to make sense of that and decided it might be possible to operate the easiest wiring interpretation but it would be ugly on the power supply end. Electrically like rolling a semi-circle for a wheel.

I guess that using 3 phase 3 wire, when there is actually a neutral (so should be 3 phase 4 wire), reads a phase backwards or something. Need one of those PCEs to test out one day. They are getting old enough to start being available used/obsolete for a decent price maybe, but I haven’t seen any around. But anyways I expect the PCE operates in a pretty standard way to whatever input it gets.

Bottom left corner is the wiring configuration: 3 phase 3 wire, 3 phase 4 wire, single phase.

Here it shows 3 phase 3 wire, but 4 wires go to the ecat.

PΣ is the total sum of power input for three phases. Negative means power is going out of the device.

PFΣ is the total sum of power factors for three phases. (The PCE-830 is not to be used on devices with a power factor less than 50%, from operating instructions). Power factor is only negative when the connections are backwards or the device outputs more power than input, confirming the negative total power reading. (A purely resistive heater coil should have a power factor of positive 1.)

The manual is available online.

Borderlands.de photo link http://www.borderlands.de/net_pdf/NET0113S13-15.pdf

[ Again ... not going back to search the old threads .. ]

I think that the "bad big frankies" were under-performing, and dragging down the average COP. When they were taken offline the overall output dropped. The remaining "good" big frankies operated at the same level as before, so the average COP went up.

One of them might never have been used until the last couple of months. Penon had one BF as a spare, right from the start.

Thanks for putting me right there. The "paper" on Arxiv is the one that IH relied on in 2013 to solidify their relationship with Rossi. The Lugano paper is from 2014 and occupies some sort of released-but-not-released publishing netherworld. Ready made for the use of scammers!

What is the significance of the date showing on the watch?

The date on the watch both confirms the photo as real (I think it was Pettersson’s watch) and confirms the messed up wiring was during the middle of the test, not some random photo from some other time.

A negative power factor of 0.5

There is one paper by Levi et al that presently exists on Arxiv.org. Originally posted in May 2013. https://arxiv.org/abs/1305.3913

I was thinking of this one. I think it is the one that IH relied on when solidifying their relationship with Rossi. Is it not the "Lugano" paper?

No, this is the paper often short-formed to “An Indication of” or simply “Indication of”.
    It is before the Lugano demo.

The “Indication of” test is partly skewered by the photo taken by Adolph Schneider, the Swiss Leonardo licensee at the time, in the middle of the December part of the test. The photo shows that the PCE-830 was connected wrong, and the ecat producing something like 1100 Watts, complete with negative power factor.

The watch used to confirm the time (for the video camera, noted in the report and in report photos) is in the Schneider photo, with the date visible.

Arxiv refused the Lugano paper.

Great work!

I hope something Wonderful happens.